Quantcast

***Wednesday No More Election GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Folks be gettin' all emotional and schit...you didn't personally win or lose anything yesterday, so curb the excitement a bit. :rofl:

Ran eight miles after work yesterday...the first of many runs over the next few months that will be in the cold and require a headlamp. Looks like it's going to be a fun weather day today!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
It's the moaning/morning after....in bike news, I got my cruiser race tires in the mail, dudes from DK cycles also sent us a nice bonus pack of stuff just because we bought one of their bikes :-)thumb:) and my new cruiser sun ringle wheelz are in the mail! Life is pretty OK right about now.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Colorado voted to legalize marijuana for general/recreational use. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it, 'Merica.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
listening to new soundgarden....feels like highschool.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'm so happy to have my Taco Bell commercials back on TV. how I missed them so.

Despite having today off, I am debating going in to work to bring in some sympathy donuts to my frother colleagues. They were so sure of their conviction that we'd get rid of the communist, athiest, Muslim, ni66er...

God I hate ignorant, racist people.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I just had someone offer to trade me a sniper rifle for the downhill bike I have for sale.
And this morning I had an email from someone offering to trade an ebike, a goped and a road bike for it. WTF?!?! Do all these people think that downhill bikes are going to be outlawed now that the Satanist Kenyan is back in office?

"Ya'll best stock up on gasoline, weapons, and downhills bikes out there... cuz wit' 'at sumb!tch in office you ain't never gonna have none of them again. Ever."

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Election blah blah blah blah. Snow is in the forecast, I go back to PT tomorrow. Coincidence?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was pleased to read the election outcome news when I awoke this morning. Faith in humanity is partially restored. At least for a few hours.

Oh, and there's a nor'easter coming today + gas shortages still abound. 3rd world country of Long Island, this.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I Are Baboon;3842805]Folks be gettin' all emotional and schit...you didn't personally win or lose anything yesterday, so curb the excitement a bit. :rofl:
Not true in WA! :D Now my gay/lesbian friends can get married and have special cake at the reception!! Holla! I can't WAIT to be able to hit up the local pot store to celebrate I-502 passing!!! Whoop whoop!

Last edited:

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Montana has 3 electoral votes... Almost pointless except for the sticker.
It is actually just the opposite. Your vote has a much greater effect on the outcome of a presidential race compared to people in more populous states.

MT - 1 EV for every 300,700 people
CA - 1 EV for every 615,800 people

Move to Wyoming and it will be like voting twice.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
It is actually just the opposite. Your vote has a much greater effect on the outcome of a presidential race compared to people in more populous states.

MT - 1 EV for every 300,700 people
CA - 1 EV for every 615,800 people

Move to Wyoming and it will be like voting twice.
I heart Wyoming.... My dream is to open a little touristy shop in Jackson!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Just to reinforce what should be obvious: Jackson is not representative of the rest of WY. At all.
True true--my little dream is to have the shop in the touristy town that makes the big bucks (right?! right.) So I can live in Wyoming proper :) Actually... if I could live the REAL dream I'd have a horsey ranch and ride ponies allllllll day long!!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Does not make it legal.... It is still a violation of federal law.

be prepared to hear a lot about amendment #10.

also, its illegal because its schedule 1. its getting close to a point that there's enough data to challenge that.

Victoria must have really been crying. Her face is huge and puffy.
she hasn't cried like that since her local KFC stopped selling the double down

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oooo! Tell me more!
well, since you asked so kindly:

Required findings for drugs to be placed in this schedule:[1]
1 - The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
2 - The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
3 - There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.
from what i've seen, there's more evidence/data contradicting these claims than there is supporting it.

not to mention, item 3, while not explicitly stated, commonly includes an discussion of a substance's LD-50 (population mean lethal dose - ie how much it would take to be lethal to half of a test population). the LD-50 for marijuana is so high that you literally cannot consume it in one sitting (i've read of claims stating the LD-50 for pot that are measured in pounds).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controlled_Substances_Act

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Schedule_I_drugs_(US)