Quantcast

***Wednesday not-such-a-GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Slept like sh*t. Were still okay so far, others not so much.

Fire is still west of the freeway. Were still 7 miles from the eastern edge of the evac zone but my comfort level is dropping rapidly. All of our pictures and papers are in a pile, if the fire jumps the freeway they are going in the car, should it make it as far as Union were pulling chocks and GTFO.

Thanks RUFFUS and Stoney for your offers of a place to stay. FSM willing it won't come to that.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Man, thinking of all you western monkies out there, hoping for the best but glad you guys are planning for the worst. Stay safe, please. On the opposite end of the spectrum, it finally quit raining here in FL, for now. Bet CO could use some of the 15 inches plus of rain. Captain Obvious out...

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

One of our remotes went silent yesterday. Upside is someone gets a day trip to Wrentham. Downside is they have to get on a roof to fix the unit.

Quarry shot today. At least I'm out of the office for a little while.

Be safe out there, especially you CO monkeys!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
So I am trying to fill an open position in my department.

Me to HR: I can do interviews any day except Wednesday.
HR: OK, we've scheduled two interviews for Wednesday.
Me to HR: Reschedule them.

GDI.

Don't burn, Pesqueeb.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
why is it aurora is never in danger of going up in flames?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
why is it aurora is never in danger of going up in flames?
Hell can't catch on fire.

Between the rain here keeping me from making a buck, and listening to my brother and mom freaking out about the fires near their homes in CO, I'm about ready to track down Mother Nature and give her an epic falcon punch.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently a flash flood warning has been issued for CoSp now. There is supposed to be thunderstorms this afternoon, hopefully we get some rain, but they look to be dry.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Great. T-storms = more lightning. :(

I could see flames from my office window yesterday around 4, coming from the Boulder fire 20 miles away which had just started a few hours earlier.

It rained lightly for a few hours here in Golden. Fortunately.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Hell can't catch on fire.
Ding ding ding!

Apparently a flash flood warning has been issued for CoSp now. There is supposed to be thunderstorms this afternoon, hopefully we get some rain, but they look to be dry.
Flash flood warning for the burn areas since all of the vegetation is gone. If it's typical afternoon t-storms rain could be heavy against the hills but not for long, maybe 20 minutes or so. Lightning will be an issue. :twitch: Gawd its nasty at the airport right now.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Damn, nasty stuff you guys got out there. Hope you guys stay safe.

Golfed last night with the crab. Had a really fun time actually. Girlfriend got a job after being out of work for the past three months or so, good thing too, I don't make a good sugar daddy.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i've come to realize krdo/kktv/koaa/krxm are pyropr0n merchants

it's lovely fodder for hosting our evacuated high-anxiety in-laws from woodland park

i'm sure for most, this is colo spgs' 9/11 in the drama factor

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
WOW!!! Those pictures are incredible! Stay safe CO monkies. Mamma monkey always has room for you here in NY too! I'd love to ship you some rain, but can't so I'll keep thinking rainy thoughts for you instead!

Found out that my uncle passed away yesterday. My Mom is taking it hard and I really can't do anything for her except give her my shoulder to cry on :( He's out in Vegas and his wife hates the world so she isn't planning any family services, just cremating him and hopefully sending his remains to my Uncle so we can plan something. Definitely an f-ed up situation!

Syd & Alex are doing great. I can't believe she's a month old already. I just snapped more photos so I'll get some updated ones up soon.

Today I am baking some butter pecan cupcakes and finishing them with maple buttercream and a touch of bacon (test run for Monkeyfest treats) for a friend's retirement party. While that's cooking, I am packing and readying all of our supplies for Windham this weekend. We're hosting a GREAT clinic and I am looking forward to it!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Yikes, those fires are scary. When I lived in San Diego we had to deal with wildfires so I know what all of you in the danger zones are going through.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Bunch of my USFS Fire Buddys have been activiated from many different states and are enroute to CO. I keep getting emails from my higher ups at SCCFD asking me for more "help us out days" as a relief operator. kind of fun being semi retired and picking and choosing my days.

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Morning all.
Sorry to see you guys are still having such a hard time with the fires. Stay safe out there and get out when/if they tell you. I have a brother who lives in Co but haven't heard anything about the fires from him. I hope that's a good thing...

I rode my motorcycle into work today for the first time in quite a while! It was great! Should be sunny and warm here today which makes it even better. There was a deer laying in the freeway this morning. It was sitting upright on the white line between the left shoulder and the carpool lane. It must have been already hit and injured because it was just sitting there looking around! Kind of surprised me a bit as I was probably following the car in front too closely. They veered off to the right and there is a deer! Hopefully it doesn't cause anymore problems for people and can get up and get out of there!

Once we got the kid to relax last night after a fun day at daycare and the swimming pool we all had a nice evening! We put a bell on his bike which he tested tirelessly riding up and down the sidewalk! Ahh the simple things in life!!

Have a good one today everybody!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Was watching the news this AM of the fires in CO, be safe out there rocky mountain monkeys.

Finally rode in this morning and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Mostly flat, nice bike lanes when not on the bike trail. 8.5 miles, 14mph pace. I have to say after seeing GFF average over 20mph in RAAM, I have some work to do.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Gooooood morning monkies!! Stay SAFE out there CO!!! We've got nice cool beds to sleep in here in Western WA if you need them! Hoping my bro-in-law is safe, as well as several of my cousins and aunt and uncle... I'll have a little talk with mommy nature...

Had a good night last night... and my first "Mommy! Are you ok?! Why are you yelling?!" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
Oh man! Thanks honey!
That was pretty damn funny though!
And hopefully we can keep the emotional scarring to a minimum!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
squeeb: you heard anything about a person-of-interest around the waldo canyon area sat morning? driving a light colored camry (possibly the most non-descript vehicle out there)

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
squeeb: you heard anything about a person-of-interest around the waldo canyon area sat morning? driving a light colored camry (possibly the most non-descript vehicle out there)
I had not but KRDO had this article on its website after I went looking.

Authorities are investigating a suspicious grass fire that was spotted by passing motorists at 8:30 pm Monday along County Road 28 in the Copper Gulch area west of Canon City.

Firefighters from Deer Mountain Fire Department assisted in extinguishing the fire that was approximately 50 feet by 20 feet is size and about 40 feet off of the roadway.

Witnesses reported seeing a white male in his early 20's, approximately 6', 200 lbs, shaved head (appeared to have blond hair), short goatee, wearing a white tee shirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes walking away from the fire.

The male, who refused to help witnesses who asked for assistance in putting the fire out, quickly left the area in a 90's silver 4 door Toyota Camry. The male's involvement in the fire is unknown at this time but he is considered a person of interest.

*edit: You must spread some reputation around before you can give it to skibunny again.

That's dirty.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry, there were more pressing issues at work today than custom titles. I have assigned two, though (thanks for the inspiration, 'squeeb!) :D