Quantcast

~~ Wednesday Ride Thread ~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
So, who rode what last night?

We had a really large SMBA group ride last night...started with 18 and ended with 4-5 fewer (some people were pretty spent and bailed early). It was quite fun and we're getting some new faces each and every week.

Good times! :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I did! I did!!!

I had a great ride with Bluebug and her boyfriend Rob. It was a great pace for an after work ride. I hope she'll pop in to elaborate, I dont' want to steal her thunder.

L8APX

Chimp
Jun 3, 2005
Close enough, NY
Hit shaker bay last night on my sass, as I will tonight as well. Changed the gearing from 33-16 to 32-16 and it really spins now. Thrusday night I'll prob. be a gibbs if anyone wants to join.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Did about 31 miles on the road. Convinced (tricked?) the group into doing one of my favorite hills toward the end:

Me: Well, I'm gonna climb the hill, if you all don't want to I'll meet ya back at the shop.
Them: Well, I guess we'll do it.

Of course after that exchange I needed to lay the smackdown, which fortunately I had enough fuel left to do :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Did about 31 miles on the road. Convinced (tricked?) the group into doing one of my favorite hills toward the end:

Me: Well, I'm gonna climb the hill, if you all don't want to I'll meet ya back at the shop.
Them: Well, I guess we'll do it.

Of course after that exchange I needed to lay the smackdown, which fortunately I had enough fuel left to do :p
I'm scrrred for mtn bike weekend......

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I got a really good street/road ride in . I set out yesterday afternoon.. started home in brooklyn, went up the east side of manhattan up to 119th street across to riversidedrive and then back down the westsdie home.. ala in all 38 miles at a decent 15 mph pace....
I guess it was more than i am used to cause my legs are feeling it today

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
Pfft, I'll be on a SS, you will all pwnz0r my ass.
I'm still scrred for MBW.

I've got a long way to go... I'm pushing myself lately but I'm not going to be anywhere near the shape I would like to be in for MBW riding with you and Jackson, Treesaw, Earl, and I'm going to assume Crazy Sweeper is a pretty good rider too.

Hooples is probably gonna kick my arse too...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:

I've got a long way to go... I'm pushing myself lately but I'm not going to be anywhere near the shape I would like to be in for MBW riding with you and Jackson, Treesaw, Earl, and I'm going to assume Crazy Sweeper is a pretty good rider too.

I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but I'm not going to MBW to put up my best ride times of the season. I want to check out some new trails, hit Tomaqua, and just have a good time. If the pace is a little on the easy side, that's fine by me... I'll probably appreciate the pace come the end of the weekend.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
stosh said:

yeah im going to check the place out.. i have been there a few times and i want to see more than last time...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but I'm not going to MBW to put up my best ride times of the season. I want to check out some new trails, hit Tomaqua, and just have a good time. If the pace is a little on the easy side, that's fine by me... I'll probably appreciate the pace come the end of the weekend.
Ok cool!
It's still early in the season for me and I've really been pushing myself but I know I'm not up to where I would like to be yet.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I tacoed my wheel on my urban-assualt commute home last night. Its fixed now. XC trail ride with some friends tonight. (all non-monkeys as far as I know.)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
I tacoed my wheel on my urban-assualt commute home last night. Its fixed now. XC trail ride with some friends tonight. (all non-monkeys as far as I know.)
how many miles you gonna do?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Ok cool!
It's still early in the season for me and I've really been pushing myself but I know I'm not up to where I would like to be yet.
I don't think any of us are where we want to be.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
yeah im going to check the place out.. i have been there a few times and i want to see more than last time...
So do you know some good routes?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
stosh said:
how many miles you gonna do?

I have no idea. 1 or 2 hours. It will be torture since all of them ride dedicated xc bikes and I ride a heavy freeride hard tail. But torture is good right. That which doesn't kill you and all that...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
I have no idea. 1 or 2 hours. It will be torture since all of them ride dedicated xc bikes and I ride a heavy freeride hard tail. But torture is good right. That which doesn't kill you and all that...
The bugs are getting bad.... YUCK!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
I worry more about the verdant poison ivy that looks as though its leaves are dripping with oil. Bugs suck too.
Actually I worry more about ticks than anything.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
They just fly into my helmet vents then... YUCK!!!!
*shakes head* You sure you want to do MBW... mud, peeing in the woods, camping - you going to be able to handle it? You might get your skirt dirty.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
*shakes head* You sure you want to do MBW... mud, peeing in the woods, camping - you going to be able to handle it? You might get your skirt dirty.
I challange you to a beer drinking contest....

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
jacksonpt said:
Are you crazy? I thought we were going to ride "race pace" the whole weekend!!! :sneaky:

Actually, with a 24 hour race the very next weekend, I will be happy with a relaxed pace...especially since I have never ridden any of these trails before :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I challange you to a beer drinking contest....
OK... I'll bet you $200 I can finish both my pints before you can fire down your 2 shots. And I can't touch your glasses and you can't tough mine.

name the movie.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
OK... I'll bet you $200 I can finish both my pints before you can fire down your 2 shots. And I can't touch your glasses and you can't tough mine.

name the movie.
Howard the Duck?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
jacksonpt said:

name the movie.

I saw the movie but I can't remember what it was. Dang. Good mind puzzle. You better make sure that you can drink a beer before he can do a shot and pick up the next one though. Otherwise you are screwed.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
jdschall said:
I saw the movie but I can't remember what it was. Dang. Good mind puzzle. You better make sure that you can drink a beer before he can do a shot and pick up the next one though. Otherwise you are screwed.
true... the next line, though, is...

Just to make it fair, let me finish my first pint before you fire down your shots.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i hit up whistler today for a daytrip with Petite Fluer (yes, it's spelled that way in his handle -- does a mod want to change it? :D). didn't bring camera.

in numbers:

10 runs
5.5 hours of actual riding time
9 hours of driving
0 injuries
0 mechanical failures
and all on 2 hours of sleep (as i watched episode III again last night)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Toshi said:
i hit up whistler today for a daytrip with Petite Fluer (yes, it's spelled that way in his handle -- does a mod want to change it? :D). didn't bring camera.

in numbers:

10 runs
5.5 hours of actual riding time
9 hours of driving
0 injuries
0 mechanical failures
and all on 2 hours of sleep (as i watched episode III again last night)
The upper mtn. isn't open yet is it?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Snacks said:
The upper mtn. isn't open yet is it?
nope, still closed. june 25th i hear? angry pirate kind of has the same feel, just not as steep :D