Quantcast

~~ Wednesday Ride Thread ~~

splat

Nam I am
berkshire_rider said:
Exactly. At least now that monsoon season has ended. You going to Upton tonight for the 6:00 HUFF ride? :confused:
No, I commuted to work via cycle today , do I have a nice ride home set up , and I get to meet my Lovely wife and Kids at my son school where he is in a play and we are having a Picnic dinner ( sandwiches ).

greasey monkey

bow down
Mar 11, 2004
victor NY
Echo said:
Did about 31 miles on the road. Convinced (tricked?) the group into doing one of my favorite hills toward the end:

Me: Well, I'm gonna climb the hill, if you all don't want to I'll meet ya back at the shop.
Them: Well, I guess we'll do it.

Of course after that exchange I needed to lay the smackdown, which fortunately I had enough fuel left to do :p
I guess it's a good thing I wasn't there then. :devil: :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
We did a 3-hour, 12 mile climb at White Ranch here in the Denver area. Mucho steep climbing and gnarly, bone-shaking, water-barred descents. :dead:

Then off to Woody's Pizza in Golden for the pizza buffet and Golden City Brewery malted beverages. :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stosh said:
I did! I did!!!

I had a great ride with Bluebug and her boyfriend Rob. It was a great pace for an after work ride. I hope she'll pop in to elaborate, I dont' want to steal her thunder.

Yeah, last night was an awesome ride at stewart with stosh and co. The first time I did Stewart it was raining and horrible, but last night was perfect. It wasn't too hot and we even saw a few turtles :)

We did just shy of 10 miles at a good pace and I pushed myself to try some steep downhills. It was a very cool ride and I'd love to do it again :thumb:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
bluebug32 said:
Yeah, last night was an awesome ride at stewart with stosh and co. The first time I did Stewart it was raining and horrible, but last night was perfect. It wasn't too hot and we even saw a few turtles :)

We did just shy of 10 miles at a good pace and I pushed myself to try some steep downhills. It was a very cool ride and I'd love to do it again :thumb:
Agreed.

Stosh, thanks for the guide through Stewart. It was nice to be pushed just a little bit. Felt really good afterwards and this morning as well. Now if I were only around for the next two weeks to do it about half a dozen more times...

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
Went out riding on my new baby last night - missed the meeting time so rode around solo for a bit, and then experienced my first SPD-induced fall just as the guys I was supposed to meet come round the corner... Just my sorta luck, I guess. Also had the first SPD injury, nothing too major though: