Quantcast

~~~Wednesday Short Week GMT~~~

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still breathing. Today should be mind numbing. I will get to process god only knows how many people cashing in their retirement plan this calendar year. Yeah for stupid!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
furthermore: after nearly 2 weeks of making great coffee at home, i forgot how awful the (free) coffee is here in the office.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Mornin! Back at work after a long weekend in MD. Got home at 830 last night and was in bed at 930. Still kinda tired, but back to reality.

Toying with the idea of trading in my Escape for a cargo van and making it into a camper van. Still dont know if that's a good or a bad idea...

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

First bloody nose of the winter! In the summer the 4% humidity is nice but man, does it kill me when it's cold.

furthermore: after nearly 2 weeks of making great coffee at home, i forgot how awful the (free) coffee is here in the office.
Not that I would drink it, but the airline hasnt provided coffee for us since 2002. You can imagine how good that was for morale when most of the mechanics work graveyard shift. Cheap fvckers. :disgust:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You can't fix stupid. But hey, they're keeping you gainfully employed.
I am now stupider due to the last 4 hours.

:wave:

First bloody nose of the winter! In the summer the 4% humidity is nice but man, does it kill me when it's cold.
This. I'm not one for bloody noses, but the blood booger in the morning is regular. I probably blew out .25# of blood boogers this morning.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
starting to look for a house. our first pre-approval came in pretty much right where we were expecting it to, which is a good thing.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
starting to look for a house. our first pre-approval came in pretty much right where we were expecting it to, which is a good thing.
Err on caution with that. We were initially approved to $500k, but that throttled back pretty quickly when started putting out offers. We ended up jumping through hoops when they started looking at lowest income earner. Given my base of crap an adtl 100% bonus, it was not fun.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hola.

Spent the last 3 days ski touring on a hut trip near the Continental Divide. The skiing was a bit dodgy, Colorado snowpack is sketchy right now. But it was awesome to be out in the middle of nowhere and celebrating the new year with a great group of friends (new and old) and none of the distractions of modern life.