Quantcast

Wednesday The 25th -duthie Hill Work Party

allmountain7

Chimp
Feb 5, 2009
DUTHIE HILL WORK PARTY - WEDNESDAY THE 25TH , 1pm - 5pm!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there -
We are currently seeking volunteers to help build trails.Duthie is located at 27101 S.E. Duthie Hill Rd., Issaquah, WA.Google maps will get you there.WE ARE SHOOTING FOR WEDNESDAY THE 25TH AT 1 PM - 5PM.Let me know if you can make it! See you there!

J.K.

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
id like to go but it depends if im working or not. clearings gonna suck. i thought BBC was sending people to clear it?
Clearings a big part of building trail.....so why don't you offer up your services to help?

Also, I highly doubt the British Broadcast Channel is sending folks to help with Duthie........but I could be wrong.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Clearings a big part of building trail.....so why don't you offer up your services to help?

Also, I highly doubt the British Broadcast Channel is sending folks to help with Duthie........but I could be wrong.
Hahaha - I was wondering when somebody was going to chime in on the BBC thing. I was thinking it might be easier for the CBC to pitch in.

While it sure would be swell to have a large group of volunteers to come in and clear out our lines, it would also be advantageous to the involved trail crews to clear as much as possible on their own. They (volunteers) may have no idea how wide or narrow some sections will be, so they may over-do it in some sections and vice-versa. I guess the bottom line is if people don't get out there and get started then nothing will get done...at least in a somewhat timely manner.

livewakesnow

Monkey
Nov 19, 2008
woodinville
Clearings a big part of building trail...
Is that so? Hmmm. Maybe that's why the trails I've worked on suck? Because they weren't cleared. Good Tip.

ebxtreme said:
.....so why don't you offer up your services to help?
I guess I wasn't clear enough when I said I'd LIKE to help, key word being LIKE as I have a regular M-F 8-4 job and it's hard to get time off of work. I will be helping on weekends, however.

On a different note thanks for clearing the BBC thing. Me and a buddy were headed up 27 and I probably just misheard what he said.

Makana425

Monkey
Feb 21, 2008
Snocompton
Well some trails are good when there not cleared, more steep and you make the trail, Basically just clear the branches and anything dangerous and let nature take its coarse.

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
ya well the guys on pinkbike dont know ish ebXTREEEME
Ohhhh, crap......ok. The dude on Pinkbike said that to build sicktor gnarbot trails, you should clear them first. I'm going to have to go back to that dude and ask him if he'll explains what that means. I feel pwned and want to learn to build sicktor gnarbot trails......

EB

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
ebxtreme....before you build sick gnarbot trails you should start with some easy ones! It doesnt sound like you have cleared trail before....Have you ever heard of "Soleil"...?

ha ha

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
My finger is busted up and iin a splint, gunna be hard for me to do anything this weekend again till it heals and i get the doc's ok. i can run some power tools still, I am managing at work, but can't do things likie grip a hammer/shovel or type lol

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
That's a pisser, Dave! Healing vibes your way. What happened? I'm beginning to think that you get off on breaking yourself - you are one sick puppy if that's the case.:eek:
You should still come out anyway even if you can't work any tools...we can't have too many minds out there when it comes to on-site ideas. Besides, we're fun people that are cool to be around!:cheers: