Quantcast

~<>~Wednesday Wetness~<>~

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Mortgage company sent me a letter yesterday saying they are lowering my monthly payment by $60. Didn't know that was possible. Figured it always went up. I'll take it.

Now to do the in office thing so I can go home and finish pruning the Bradford pear down from 35' to 3".

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Family is coming into town for the weekend. Also our 15 year anniversary, so getting dinner tonight. Going onsite for my last onsite.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Headhunter reached out yesterday. German based company doing stuff I think sounds super neat. About a 10k pay bump if I got offered the upper end of the scale. But..... 50-75% travel. I think I like my family and home too much for that. *Le sigh*

Headhunter reached out yesterday. German based company doing stuff I think sounds super neat. About a 10k pay bump if I got offered the upper end of the scale. But..... 50-75% travel. I think I like my family and home too much for that. *Le sigh*
Screw 50% travel. That gets old quickly. Even my commute from New Haven to the Burlington area from 1979 to 2015 ate up too much of my life.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Screw that I got really tired of Flying from city to city, renting cars, living in hotels, not coming home for a month. I like coming home every night.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
espresso is strong this morning. Ruth came home a day early from her trip, stomach bug. I thought I heard her come in around 2300. I woke up to the sounds of her distress in the bathroom at 0430 so thus ended my attempt at sleep.

Finished our BLS Ambulance permit process last night, kind of a pain in the u know what but It forced me to go though our supplies and update things so that was good. We are good for another 3 years and by then I will be retired and that will be someone else's headache. :banana:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey lmao. I hit the high school track for an hour of running bullshit this morning. It poured the last two miles. WFH day with no meetings and two dogs. What a great day! The foster dog really, really needs to get adopted this weekend...Wife is starting to really get attached to him.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Was just having that conversation with a buddy the other night. I could get a 25% pay bump at his place (back to the meatball!), at the cost of a 2x the commute (35 minutes one way -> 1:10), no WFH (I'm WFH 4 days a week).

Hard pass.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Screw 50% travel. That gets old quickly. Even my commute from New Haven to the Burlington area from 1979 to 2015 ate up too much of my life.
Screw that I got really tired of Flying from city to city, renting cars, living in hotels, not coming home for a month. I like coming home every night.
I used to travel near full time, never again. I travel 6-8x per year and that feels like too often at times.
I probably average 3-4 nights away from home a month for whatever broken shit airplane in bumblefuck nebrahoma these days, and it honestly seems like quite enough to me. I guess I'm just disappointed that yet another seemingly kind of neat job opportunity slips away and I'm frustrated by my seeming inability to escape the gravity well of this soul sucking airline.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I probably average 3-4 nights away from home a month for whatever broken shit airplane in bumblefuck nebrahoma these days, and it honestly seems like quite enough to me. I guess I'm just disappointed that yet another seemingly kind of neat job opportunity slips away and I'm frustrated by my seeming inability to escape the gravity well of this soul sucking airline.
I mean you could always reach out and see what the travel incurs. Is it multiple days away? Where does that place operate out of - maybe it'd be more interesting than Kansass?

You can always tell them to beat it, if it doesn't fit what you want.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Back home from visiting family in KC. Dodged tornadoes and generally shitty weather just to return to NC mountains for shitty weather. Argh. This is like August type weather already.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
car is in the garage for an oil change. and a diagnostics check for the check engine light. and leaking oil. and dragging brakes. oh joy.

boy's school bus was 40 minutes late today. edited to add: the school called me to say my son was absent. curious... I put him on the bus this morning?! his class isn't in their classroom now, they're either in the gym or the library. but they don't know if he made it to school or not. I'm sure he's there, and that he just missed roll call then went to a different class, but my wife is kind of freaking out. Edit 2: they found him and my wife talked to him... all's good.

steady rain falling, made the bike in to work kinda moist. someone was sitting in the cube I booked. but they are gone to a meeting, so I set up here anyways. they can move when they get back.

at least I have the memory of a lovely ride last night. short but sweet, and we managed to avoid the worst of the swamps. Man, winter ended early this year, but spring sure as hell is lingering now... get on with it already!

oh and happy birthday @Gary ! :cheers:

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I however enjoyed the perks of work travel, traveling 100% of the time as your job was fun, but sleeping on the ground for your career wasn't the most glorious.

Roller and rock showing up today, hopefully, I can get everything cut and done by the end of the day as I dont feel the need to contribute more than $1,000 bucks worth of machine rental to the cause.

Parts are starting arrive for the cargo trailer.

in other news,

Grass is growing from the hydroseeding last week

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Back home from visiting family in KC. Dodged tornadoes and generally shitty weather just to return to NC mountains for shitty weather. Argh. This is like August type weather already.
Snow off and on all day yesterday, freezing temps overnight and only in the 40's today.

Home:
1715179205803.png

Or down in @Full Trucker 's 'hood where we're supposed to being heading to camp on Friday for a long ride on Saturday:
1715179267862.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Jbp: dash cam sightlines

IMG_2513.jpeg
IMG_2514.jpeg
IMG_2508.jpeg

/me elected to not ski. Getting little tasks done instead. Wheel swap on Land Cruiser next at Discount Tire.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I used to travel near full time, never again. I travel 6-8x per year and that feels like too often at times.
I have had to travel extensively for most of my jobs and am currently where I am now because it is one of the few jobs I am qualified for that pays well that does not require travel.

I interviewed for a job a few years ago where they didn't mention it required 50% international travel until the end when I was asking questions. I pretty much told them they had wasted everyone's time.