Quantcast

> Wednesday, yup... <

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Had a head scratcher today at work, we put a new starter on something, started fine multiple times and ran till the propane in the line ran out.
Turned the bottle back on, no go, check the coupling, get another bottle and test that, rip a lead off and test spark, throws a 2" spark, check propane is getting to the mixer etc etc.
Sounds like it is firing on one cyl, grab the spark analyzer and only No4 is firing, replace the three month old fancy sparkplugs with cheap shitters and it fires straight up.
It didn't seem to make any sense.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
coffee; kid schlepping; new counters going in today; listening in on my dad's pulmonologist appt, where they'll probably tell him he needs lung surgery (ugh); getting documents together so older kid can take his driver's test tomorrow...welp, there's the day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it might be time for my 96 year old grandmother go into a nursing home.....losing grasp on reality....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I smoked for a couple of years when I was in the Army. Doc wants to check for lung cancer.
How many packs per day and how many years? If you truly have a history you should be getting a chest CT, not a radiograph/X-ray.

/me went to sleep early, then woke up in the middle of the night partly due to that, partly due to the UPS on the workstation beeping because the power flickered overnight. So I did a half hour of work at night to get ahead for this morning.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Good morning from the past (I think it's only Tuesday here). Made some strawberry cupcakes for a friend's birthday and schlepped kids yesterday. Had our field hockey meeting (virtual with the league coaches) to set schedules and drank coffee this morning. Good times.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Speed traps are out. I had the chance to warn a Boomer with Kansas tags (I had just come from that way), but she almost side swiped me halfway into my lane with her head down on her phone, so I didn't. She had her head down doing 15+ over when she crested the hill. 15+ over is a felony in CO for reckless driving. Sorry, not sorry.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Speed traps are out. I had the chance to warn a Boomer with Kansas tags (I had just come from that way), but she almost side swiped me halfway into my lane with her head down on her phone, so I didn't. She had her head down doing 15+ over when she crested the hill. 15+ over is a felony in CO for reckless driving. Sorry, not sorry.
did she get pulled over?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My brother has to go for one but he snapped the titanium wire that holds his breast bones together, he had a spasm and it went pop.
cEOG7nGA7448M (1).gif

Body wanted up at 5am, so I begrudgingly complied.
cEOG7nGA7448M (1).gif

slept in until 5
QhJfWFt039uN2 (1).gif

woke up in the middle of the night partly due to that, partly due to the UPS on the workstation beeping because the power flickered overnight. So I did a half hour of work at night to get ahead for this morning.
WTF is with all you :monkey:s getting up in the middle of the night?!?

.Made some strawberry cupcakes
Goddammit. Now I am hungry for cupcakes.

Meat on the smoker. Work and study.
And now I'm hungry for BBQ.

find any pies?
And now pie.

:rant:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Ha, I need to remember that if I ever get back that way. 15 over here and you’ll still be getting passed. Some sections of the highway if you drive the speed limit you’ll get rear ended.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Was up late looking at cars online. Not a pretty scene out there. Yikes. It’s looking like my options are a high mileage shit box with little to no payments or brand new with lots and lots of payments. Ugh.

How many packs per day and how many years? If you truly have a history you should be getting a chest CT, not a radiograph/X-ray.

/me went to sleep early, then woke up in the middle of the night partly due to that, partly due to the UPS on the workstation beeping because the power flickered overnight. So I did a half hour of work at night to get ahead for this morning.
Maybe a pack a day and two years.

XR CHEST 2 VIEWS
CLINICAL HISTORY: Weight loss, chronic cough.
COMPARISON: None
FINDINGS:
The heart is normal in size. The mediastinum is unremarkable in
appearance. The pulmonary vascularity is not engorged. Lungs are
hyperexpanded. Findings consistent with emphysematous change. The
lungs are otherwise clear, without evidence for mass, infiltrate or
effusion.
No suspicious osseous abnormality is identified.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That's not a long history at all. But with emphysema I'd push for a chest CT if it were me. Dose is not that much higher, is likely irrelevant at your age (no snark--this is true), and it's a much, much, much better test.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So my shoes showed up just now and damn. Etnies Culvert MTB was on sale for $60 and I had a coupon so figured why not. Holy hell these are really nice.

etnies-culvert-mtb-bike-shoes-black-orange-21-zoom.jpg