Quantcast

@@@ Wednesday @@@

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
3rd day at the office. I could not handle being at home all the time anymore and my lower back was really hurting. Very few people at the office so hopefully it will be okay.

Random:

I was on my way into Middlebury yesterday, running solo. Conditions were mildly shitty, snow glaze on roads. There's a passing zone short of town. I was behind a pickup truck that stayed in the passing lane; I passed on the right, in the snowy crap, hitting maybe 65 in a 50, and pulled back in, finding myself directly behind a state police car, which proceeded to turn left into a parking lot. I figured that the car would soon be behind me with the blues on, so I pulled over; the patrol car wound up going south on 7.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Be bop a loo la, monkeys! LMFAO. I swam 2500 yards early this morning while trying to bat down people who wanted to chat with me. Look, I just want to do my swim and go home.

Coffeeing now.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy as fuck today. Floor should be done today. Had arguably the weirdest dream I've had in years and it played on repeat each time Hannah woke me up, which makes it weirder. Hannah is definitely sick today, so I think we're going to have to call in MIL today to come watch her because we both have large numbers of meetings back-to-back and the flooring guys have taken over the main floor.

And in my best derp moment as of late, we don't have hot water in the kitchen sink, since it's the same feed as the dishwasher, which has been removed. The cold also feeds back down the line (into a 5g bucket), so we're limited on our ability to do dishes. It took me since Sunday to remember that there is a small dishwasher in the kitchen downstairs. It's setup as an in-law suite, but we don't use it as such, so we've never even used it. I only run it periodically to keep o-rings from cracking. Wifey will come down this am to a cleaned up sink, which will probably help with her mood, since she's getting frustrated with the house as a construction zone.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Busy as fuck today. Floor should be done today. Had arguably the weirdest dream I've had in years and it played on repeat each time Hannah woke me up, which makes it weirder. Hannah is definitely sick today, so I think we're going to have to call in MIL today to come watch her because we both have large numbers of meetings back-to-back and the flooring guys have taken over the main floor.

And in my best derp moment as of late, we don't have hot water in the kitchen sink, since it's the same feed as the dishwasher, which has been removed. The cold also feeds back down the line (into a 5g bucket), so we're limited on our ability to do dishes. It took me since Sunday to remember that there is a small dishwasher in the kitchen downstairs. It's setup as an in-law suite, but we don't use it as such, so we've never even used it. I only run it periodically to keep o-rings from cracking. Wifey will come down this am to a cleaned up sink, which will probably help with her mood, since she's getting frustrated with the house as a construction zone.
by the time all the work is done she'll be ready to move to a new house

also, did bill gates get to your bucket?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. 90 minutes in aerobic territory via heart rate variability last night. Vacation today with option to ski that I am not taking due to lack of new snow.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Random:

I was on my way into Middlebury yesterday, running solo. Conditions were mildly shitty, snow glaze on roads. There's a passing zone short of town. I was behind a pickup truck that stayed in the passing lane; I passed on the right, in the snowy crap, hitting maybe 65 in a 50, and pulled back in, finding myself directly behind a state police car, which proceeded to turn left into a parking lot. I figured that the car would soon be behind me with the blues on, so I pulled over; the patrol car wound up going south on 7.
I think this is what I hate the most about pickups. you can't see past them.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Brisk day, but looking dry. Last dry day for like 2 weeks, yay. Get some while the getting is gooder.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, yes, it was a fairly rare Prior swallowtail (176) in nearly mint condition. They retailed for ~$900 new. (I was a dealer).
quite a score, actually.
and the timing was right with what an INSANE snow year we are having.
that's actually pretty cool. i always thought swallowtails were cool, but i never lived anywhere that i could even remotely justify that kind of board.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Floors are now tomorrow. Wifey's complaint about the few boards have pushed them an extra day.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When was your flood again? I'm *still* waiting on the contractor to get back to me about scheduling the work from our flood 6 fucking weeks ago.
Thanksgiving. We didn't have quotes until early Jan. I said FTS and started getting quotes on my own. We're going to walk away with far more done for equal if not less money.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
How much for you to come fix my creaky wooden floors @stoney?

You're not allowed to inflate your quote due to my ///deck joke yesterday :p

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Heading home, with significantly fewer beers in the van fridge then when I started this trip five (six?) days ago. Oh the skiing has been freaking amazing, but I am looking forward to seeing Teh Financèe and sleeping in my own bed.

750A8FDA-9843-4679-ADD7-12885AF9E459.jpeg

Last edited:

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Looking into the Flycraft inflatables for a drift fishing option that will fit under the coach when not in use. Anybody ever fish or row out of one?

Looks like a fun little boat for smaller water.

Guy on Washington Flyfishing was recently selling one of those out of PDX: