Quantcast

\\\WednesdayGMT///

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Went skiing on Monday since I had the day off. Might go skiing again this Saturday. Trying to get in as much as possible since this winter got off to such a crappy start here in western NY.

Yup, that's about it.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Felt like I was going to die at computrainer class today.
Mental note: sandbag the testing days in the future so baselines aren't so tough.

Hematoma on my hip (from epic crash on/off icy skinny 8 weeks ago) is almost gone.
Reduced swelling now results in leg rattling around in hip and pain at certain angles.
Probably should've seen a Dr at the time but I'll just add it to the list of self-inflicted damage.

tl:dr: I'm old and increasingly broken, where's my Rascal?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
wife's out of town. working from home today. seriously considering going back to bed after kids head to school.
do it.... I wish I could. little one has a pretty nasty cold; we've been home with him for three days. no sleep at night. it's easier to be at home when tired than at work tired...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Harvested ~80lbs of dog shit from my back yard last night. No joke either.

Both torsion springs on the garage door broken = garage door doesn't work. Sigh, it never ends.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Another day in paradise here. I skipped the last night's ride - temps of ~18F were okay but the cold strong wind was not. #toopussytoride

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I invested some money just as this all started to happen - oh well one day it will go up again.
If you'd invested in a taxable account with Betterment then you could have been tax loss harvesting away automatically. Here's the guest post I wrote about it a while back:

http://whitecoatinvestor.com/betterment-tax-loss-harvesting/

I have an academic morning today. I have lots of projects being juggled at the moment so should actually get to work.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
UCI Cancer Center check-in. Pretty cheery place for being cancer related. The fancy waiting room chairs are hard to sit in comfortably, but they look nice.

Countdown to treatment plan.

Friend of mine just had a melanoma cut out of the tip of his nose. The FB picture posts he shared look like they took out quite a bit. Party time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Paypal just resolved my 3rd dispute; I'm batting 3 for 3 so far. It looks like its pretty easy to win when the other party doesn't even bother to respond to the dispute. And this most recent one was from EBay's cross border shipping service.

They have some weird trickery happening over there. When I purchased the item from Ebay, the seller invoiced me for the item plus shipping. Then, when the package was sent through the cross border service, Pitney Bowes charged shipping again. The tricky part, is that you get two charges on Paypal which almost look like its one transaction. But if you do the conversion, add up the totals and cross compare, you're getting hosed in double shipping fees.

Wooo moneys. :brows:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. I actually have nothing scheduled for tonight....yeah me! I will use this time to get caught up on grading and drink a couple of beers. Still hoping this big storm saturday hits here and not just the city/coast line. I want some snow damnit!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Howdy neighbors! I'm presenting to City Council this afternoon regarding our financial statements. Blah blah blah.
I think I have chilblains so I've been putting those adhesive little toasties on my socks when I ski to try to stop it. So far, so good!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I have a long ass meeting to discuss the current issues in the test environment. The best part is all of these issues need to be addressed by people who are not in this meeting. I hope that means it is a short meeting, but I have a feeling I am the only one who realizes this at this point. Yay.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have often complained about how this town is composed of poor rednecks or pedicured lawyers. Most cyclists falling into the later category. Local MTB list serve is blowing up this morning on where to get a hitch installed because said installation is very difficult, especially how to tighten bolts.

:monkey:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I have often complained about how this town is composed of poor rednecks or pedicured lawyers. Most cyclists falling into the later category. Local MTB list serve is blowing up this morning on where to get a hitch installed because said installation is very difficult, especially how to tighten bolts.

:monkey:
you're so kind to offer to help!

(you forgot wannabe artists/hipsters/musicians in the population description)

about to call into a meeting. just made coffee. but somehow a beer ended up in my hand. you can't explain that!

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Good news. Most of the cancer is probably out already (sample previously taken). Still gotta come back to get a few chunks of flesh removed. Doc says I'm probably going to live.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
you're so kind to offer to help!

(you forgot wannabe artists/hipsters/musicians in the population description)

about to call into a meeting. just made coffee. but somehow a beer ended up in my hand. you can't explain that!
Help? I know the type. It would result in me doing it for him and at best he would pretend to listen to any provided advise so he could be a little more self reliant. Would most likely just make the excuse that they were 'no good' with such things.

Can't forget all the entrepreneurs forming startups, aka rich kids trying to look productive while burning through their trust funds.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

14 mile run this morning. Relatively pleasant when I left, but around mile 7 the wind kicked up and it got cold, pretty miserable last couple of miles. Toad-in-the-holes with home made bread for breakfast, coffee in hand. I'm gonna have to fly back down to PHX to get more, best goddamn coffee I've ever had. :drool:

Uploading the music library to google play. Computer had been at it since 7pm yesterday, not even 1/4 way through. Upload, y u take so long? :think:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good news. Most of the cancer is probably out already (sample previously taken). Still gotta come back to get a few chunks of flesh removed. Doc says I'm probably going to live.
Damn. That life insurance policy I took out on you is starting to look like a bad investment.

You know what you should try? Heroin.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

14 mile run this morning. Relatively pleasant when I left, but around mile 7 the wind kicked up and it got cold, pretty miserable last couple of miles. Toad-in-the-holes with home made bread for breakfast, coffee in hand. I'm gonna have to fly back down to PHX to get more, best goddamn coffee I've ever had. :drool:

Uploading the music library to google play. Computer had been at it since 7pm yesterday, not even 1/4 way through. Upload, y u take so long? :think:
wtf is a toad in the hole? round these parts that's slang for having to poop