Quantcast

***Wednesdays GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey gang.

WFH today, so that's nice. May try to get out to that TT with the new bike. Not sure it'll work out, and WFH is very conducive to an outdoor ride.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What up, muffin. I averaged a 1:42/100 yard pace for my 2500 yard swim this morning, which is slow as fuck for an actual competitive swimmer, but it's just about the fastest I have ever been. It's probably like the road riding equivalent of a 16 mph ride.

Anyway, it's a WFH day. There is a retirement happy hour tonight that I'll go to though.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Great after work ride yesterday with the wife, she had a great ride GG Smashing into the rocks.

Hopeful for some sort of ride again today after work, but the afternoon storm forecast is a bit worse for the next few days so we'll have to see what it looks like.
Screenshot 2023-05-31 073420.jpg

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
here. both kids out of school so wfh. semi-large fight w/spousal unit last night left me feeling drained. we kinda worked it out though. planning and communication is hard and habits and patterns of behavior are hard to change, eh?

gotta get a new mattress for 13yo as cat pissed all over his old one for some reason (maybe mad when he was out of town last weekend?) and that smell ain't coming out. le sigh.

coffee's hot and looks like the sun might show its face later today, so i got that going for me.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Supposed to be 90f today, if no wind take the kid paddle boarding after work, if wind, just swimming.
same here. 'cept the bugs are brutal so hanging out at the beach is kinda off the table. Maybe a paddle in the canoe in some swift water?

tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter, ad it's ride-night. my buddies want to park at the beach trailhead, which sounds nice, except that loop is nothing but climbing (how that's possible is beyond me, I think it's because it's all small descents in the middle of climbs, so 95% of your time is spent climbing). I may try and get organized to get out for a morning ride instead.

I accompanied my youngest's class on the end-of-year outing yesterday to a Scout camp about an hour and a half out of town. It was awesome despite the heat and the bugs. They rock-climbed, did an obstacle course, paddled and archery. Everyone was completely wiped by the end. Got my first swim of the year, and the best part was being able to leave when we were ready and not having to wait for the bus that was about 25 minutes late... and stopping at a casse-crôute on the way home for burgers and fries...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Great after work ride yesterday with the wife, she had a great ride GG Smashing into the rocks.

Hopeful for some sort of ride again today after work, but the afternoon storm forecast is a bit worse for the next few days so we'll have to see what it looks like.
View attachment 194506
I still have yet to turn my sprinklers back on again.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
man, deleting the linkedin app has been so good for my mental health. I tune in every once in a while to make sure it still exists but it's like instagram for professionals...you only show your success and not your struggle

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Currently, I am my daughter's favorite parent and the wife is not taking it well. By currently, I mean the past like 6+ months.

In other news, work is nuts. I'm trying to own multiple projects while simulataneously "leading" the rest of the team on theirs. It's working as well as you might expect, but not warranting much attention as other programs are an even bigger shitshow, so we are killing it in comparison.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
linkedin is toxic trash. Possibly the only thing worse is Nextdoor.
i've never had an issues with linkedin, then again I:

-only have connections from my industry, which is basically all professional office workers
-log onto linkedin once a year at most. maybe once every other year.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
i've never had an issues with linkedin, then again I:

-only have connections from my industry, which is basically all professional office workers
-log onto linkedin once a year at most. maybe once every other year.
I only had an account for about 3 months during COVID when I thought the airline industry might totally die. Might have been the worst part of the whole experience.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Currently, I am my daughter's favorite parent and the wife is not taking it well. By currently, I mean the past like 6+ months.
you know what would fix that?
it might, though!

Mariko: no favorite parent. she is her own little pre-teenager

Yuna: definitely me, for the snuggles and understanding how she reacts to the world since she's a lot like me

Aya: chooses to snuggle with wife 99% of the time in the mornings, although she's so wiggly and distracted that the wife usually ends up with a cat instead