Quantcast

***Wednesdays GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
here. both kids out of school so wfh. semi-large fight w/spousal unit last night left me feeling drained. we kinda worked it out though. planning and communication is hard and habits and patterns of behavior are hard to change, eh?

gotta get a new mattress for 13yo as cat pissed all over his old one for some reason (maybe mad when he was out of town last weekend?) and that smell ain't coming out. le sigh.

coffee's hot and looks like the sun might show its face later today, so i got that going for me.
Married life is not easy. Just when you think you have it all worked out then life changes again.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
man, deleting the linkedin app has been so good for my mental health. I tune in every once in a while to make sure it still exists but it's like instagram for professionals...you only show your success and not your struggle
No, I will not work for Edward Jones or Northwestern Mutual. Stop asking. All I ever get.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Swollen ankle = tendon strain or overuse, though she wants to monitor for Lyme.

No need to change my lifestyle, more just adjust my activity accordingly and back off if things get worse.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
No, I will not work for Edward Jones or Northwestern Mutual. Stop asking. All I ever get.
I do like it for finding jobs, and try to maintain a healthy network and "active" profile, but not getting notifications when people I know get promoted for the 900th time lets me focus on what's important. It never takes me long to find a new position when I flip that "looking for work" switch, so I think it's important to maintain your network.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Married life is not easy. Just when you think you have it all worked out then life changes again.
Sister and BIL are having issues that are at therapist level with no talking stints going on. Talking with Wifey about it last night about it and comparatively the things that each of us do which bother the other - me spending money "recklessly" on activities (karting, gymnastics, swimming, etc) and "lack of concern around risk" for the girls; her buying clothes and such, lots of wine...

But when we look at them, all that stuff we've discussed and spending has been adjusted (I don't buy myself anything ever, to account for what gets spent on activities) and we've both changed behaviors - less wine, more focus on safety (which is just talking about it more), more talking about spending, etc. I am gonna get lit up about the new kart though, since I don't know how much we're getting from insurance and I already bought it...

Communication and walking away when we're getting mad enough that we're no longer communicating has been key our entire marriage and we just hit 14yrs 2wks ago.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I do like it for finding jobs, and try to maintain a healthy network and "active" profile, but not getting notifications when people I know get promoted for the 900th time lets me focus on what's important. It never takes me long to find a new position when I flip that "looking for work" switch, so I think it's important to maintain your network.
Android phones have a neat feature, where if you don't use an app for a long enough time, it'll just basically disable it. No notifications etc etc. :)

I'm the same with LinkedIn, its there, but I don't use it. The only notification that I allow is when it suggests a new connection. Screw the rest - but yeah I'll keep the account open for if the time ever comes to need to look for a new job.

Facebook though, I straight up deleted my account years ago. No need for that nonsense at all.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Currently, I am my daughter's favorite parent and the wife is not taking it well. By currently, I mean the past like 6+ months.
I've been "Fun Daddy" for nigh on 20 years now. Drives my wife bananas.

Pulling a Tupac and saddling my wife with the kiddo while I live out my days under an assumed identity in the mountains of Norway?

That's oddly specific.
I'd shoot for the Italian Alps, myself... because Italy.

Although the Swiss Alps are not too shabby.

less wine
QhJfWFt039uN2.gif

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good update on MIL1. She let Wifey take her to the Dr today about her fall. Dr does think there was a concussion, but less concerned about a bleed because she's there talking 5-days later. Some concerns about other stuff, but tests and a CT will determine there. The big factor is that she let Wifey go with her and be involved. So we're at this point now...