Quantcast

Wednesday's Ride Thread

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Anyone ride last night? Riding tonight?

I did a relatively easy 32 mile road ride last night. I felt pretty cooked at first but eventually I got a spin going. I told myself I was gonna stay at the back of the pack and not work the hills, but I'm not good at that. So today I'm a little beat. I was gonna do a local XC race tonight but the way I feel right now I don't think it would be a good idea. Plus my lawn REALLY needs to be mowed :D

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
No riding form me. The "caboose" is still a little sore from Dalton. :o: I'll be back in the saddle either tomorrow or Fri..

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My legs were still sore last night from the weekend race. I just wanted to sleep, but MBC dragged me to the gym (that's a GOOD thing). Not sure what's in store for tonight.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
no riding for me.. did some mantainance on my heckler. damn friggin front disc adapter still isnt right!!!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
No riding form me. The "caboose" is still a little sore from Dalton. :o: I'll be back in the saddle either tomorrow or Fri..
I think Dalton knocked the ride out of me for at least a few days. :D

Good luck (AGAIN) at Dalton tonight, DD!!!

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Went for a brutal 2.5 hr ride last night. 3 of us headed out. 1 of our group has only been on his bike 3 times this summer, and this was a trail system he had never rode before. It was hot hot, but hammer-head mode was def in effect.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
10 miles of road cruising on the singlespeed last night. Rode to the park and watched the Ospreys play in the breeze by the South River. I wish sometimes I was a big bird of prey. It looks really fun.

I had a slow leak in my back tire and by the time I got home I was riding on the rim. Ouch. Could have been prevented if I had remember my pump. <-Stupid.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
16 mile commute home last night (111 degrees). A few cocktails. A buddy calls, and it's off for some urban. One block from home I crash. Cracked rib and very sore thigh...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Had a good ride last night at the Stables. Rode carriage to powerlines to 107 to inner loop (counterclockwise), to Bee to High Noon to carriage to the wall. It was a solid ride...kept the heart rate in check (the group I was riding with aren't speedy except for Sq-Earl) and managed to make some excellent climbs. I felt great while riding but was absolutely starving and pretty tired when I got home. It sure was nice to have short climbs rather than that damn hill of death followed by the demoralizer at Dalton. ;)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yo Echo any interest in hitting up those trails Victor has been making at dryer road park today or tommorow? I talked to the kid who works at Tblazers the other day when I was there and he said they were pretty sweet. I'll pm you my number, think I shot it to you before but can't hurt to do it again. Same goes for anybody else who wants to go.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
It sure was nice to have short climbs rather than that damn hill of death followed by the demoralizer at Dalton. ;)
Word! I'm looking forward to riding back there on Friday just to remind myself that I'm not really a huge slug when it comes to climbs.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
TreeSaw said:
Had a good ride last night at the Stables. Rode carriage to powerlines to 107 to inner loop (counterclockwise), to Bee to High Noon to carriage to the wall.
I never did clean that one section on Dam on the corner where it's really tech. and open to the pond on your right, just after coming down the chute.

Anyone ride last night? Riding tonight?
Last night was trail maintenance. Tonight is a group ride at Douglas SF. Hopefully the t-storms hold off / miss us. Sounds like it may be a big group tonight.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
berkshire_rider said:
I never did clean that one section on Dam on the corner where it's really tech. and open to the pond on your right, just after coming down the chute.
I doubt that I will ever clean all of the dam loop! I did clean virtually everything (a couple of things on high noon aren't what I would call rideable) last night though which was a nice feeling for sure :thumb:

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
TreeSaw said:
I doubt that I will ever clean all of the dam loop! I did clean virtually everything (a couple of things on high noon aren't what I would call rideable) last night though which was a nice feeling for sure :thumb:
I here there's been a few changes to it, partially beacuse of flooding? :confused: