Quantcast

[~]>wednesdazed gmt>[~]

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I agree with the above coffee statement.

I went to the pool early this morning. 35 minutes of swimming and resting (800 yards total...16 laps). I get a little bit better each time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy.

Crappy sleep, runny nose and headache are going to make this a long day.

I have a meeting in an hour, one of those meetings that gets forwarded to you because you are a "key player". Yet no one has informed me what this meeting is about...Should be good.

Coffee for all, I just put a new pot on.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I feel heartbroken. I put my DH bike up for sale. I haven't ridden it in the past two years, and the last of my buddies that still rode DH sold his bike last season and doesn't plan on getting a new one. He wants to focus on enduro races and trail riding... I suppose I could try and make new friends and ride with them, but I'm too old for that and I have two kids that keep me on a very tight schedule. If it sells, I'll buy a dirt jumper and play around at the indoor bike park and the skate park out by my place, but it's not the same as riding the lifts for a day. :'-(

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I feel heartbroken. I put my DH bike up for sale. I haven't ridden it in the past two years, and the last of my buddies that still rode DH sold his bike last season and doesn't plan on getting a new one. He wants to focus on enduro races and trail riding... I suppose I could try and make new friends and ride with them, but I'm too old for that and I have two kids that keep me on a very tight schedule. If it sells, I'll buy a dirt jumper and play around at the indoor bike park and the skate park out by my place, but it's not the same as riding the lifts for a day. :'-(
You live much too close to Bromont to be doing this.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
You live much too close to Bromont to be doing this.
I know! not to mention I have lift-accessed riding 15 minutes from home. At least I don't have a gun to my head. If I don't get my asking price, I'll keep it, swallow my pride, and go meet and ride with some young 30-something y.o. kids...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I know! not to mention I have lift-accessed riding 15 minutes from home. At least I don't have a gun to my head. If I don't get my asking price, I'll keep it, swallow my pride, and go meet and ride with some young 30-something y.o. kids...
no excuses. don't sell it, just make new friends. beer can help that.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Needed to make some changes. Getting too fat and lazy and decided I need to get back in the gym and just don't have enough free time on nights and weekends. Decided to give morning workouts a shot. Came up with a solid 3 day split workout yesterday and managed to go to bed at 9:30 instead of 11ish, fell out of bed at 4:30 this morning and actually went to the gym. Feel pretty good so far, but the true test will be after a week or two when the initial motivation wears off. I could really stand to drop about 40lbs. Ugh.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Eyes had too much surface irregularity. Only did ptk in one eye, after doing a lovely manual scrape.

Measure twice; cut once, I guess.:.

Sucks to have to go through all this bs 3 more times.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Needed to make some changes. Getting too fat and lazy and decided I need to get back in the gym and just don't have enough free time on nights and weekends. Decided to give morning workouts a shot. Came up with a solid 3 day split workout yesterday and managed to go to bed at 9:30 instead of 11ish, fell out of bed at 4:30 this morning and actually went to the gym. Feel pretty good so far, but the true test will be after a week or two when the initial motivation wears off. I could really stand to drop about 40lbs. Ugh.
The gym? It'll never stick. Gyms SUCK. Imma go for a "lunch" ride today. I think I'm gonna try to do 3 of these a week...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I actually like going to the gym and it was actually the most relaxing it's ever been for me. There was only maybe a dozen people at 5am. Got in and got out. I plan on doing time on the stationary bike on off days or maybe getting up a bit earlier and trying to ride. The closes mtb riding area, which isn't far from me, doesn't technically open until sunrise. Maybe try to get a few miles in on the road. The hard part is I have to come back to the house to pick up the kid. Otherwise, I would just ride to work. Lunch rides aren't feasible with my job. I can squeeze out an after work ride, which I usually do once a week, but it just isn't enough.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Inducer motor shit the bed in the office gas furnace. Need to put on the hvac hat today and fix it.

Also sore as hell from loading and sorting 20 ft steel poles, about 2500 ft of them. We are creatively sourcing orchard trellis posts since the hop growers took all the wood posts to plant hops this spring.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Inducer motor shit the bed in the office gas furnace. Need to put on the hvac hat today and fix it.

Also sore as hell from loading and sorting 20 ft steel poles, about 2500 ft of them. We are creatively sourcing orchard trellis posts since the hop growers took all the wood posts to plant hops this spring.
hops hops hops.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I actually like going to the gym and it was actually the most relaxing it's ever been for me. There was only maybe a dozen people at 5am. Got in and got out. I plan on doing time on the stationary bike on off days or maybe getting up a bit earlier and trying to ride. The closes mtb riding area, which isn't far from me, doesn't technically open until sunrise. Maybe try to get a few miles in on the road. The hard part is I have to come back to the house to pick up the kid. Otherwise, I would just ride to work. Lunch rides aren't feasible with my job. I can squeeze out an after work ride, which I usually do once a week, but it just isn't enough.
home "gym". elliptical, treadmill (both at the wifes request), stationary trainer for my bike, a few free weights, and a small climbing wall. makes it a helluva lot easier to squeeze in 10 or 15 minutes here and there now that we have the baby.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
We wouldn't have anywhere to put equipment. I have a hard enough time storing my bikes. Our house is about 1400 sq feet and the garage has all my machine tools and plasma table. I'd rather just pay the $30 a month for access to anything I want at the gym that's 2 minutes from my place.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We wouldn't have anywhere to put equipment. I have a hard enough time storing my bikes. Our house is about 1400 sq feet and the garage has all my machine tools and plasma table. I'd rather just pay the $30 a month for access to anything I want at the gym that's 2 minutes from my place.
socal problems ;)

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I would actually consider leaving, but both my wife's family and my family are here and we are all really close. Hard to leave the grandparents and my brother and nephew. My mortgage is stupid and our house isn't extravagant by any means.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I would actually consider leaving, but both my wife's family and my family are here and we are all really close. Hard to leave the grandparents and my brother and nephew. My mortgage is stupid and our house isn't extravagant by any means.
move the whole family.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I'm writing a proposal to present a 35 minute workshop at a 2016 conference… in Hawaii. :cool:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Made it to South Beach, Florida after more than 1500 miles later Saturday night. Amazing weather and topless girls on the beach. Driving back Saturday morning. Did some nice sightseeing along the way. This is from Skyline Drive

Also went by Devils Backbone brewery and picked up tons of beer. Some of it literally came straight from the filling machine.

Highway 40 from Knoxville to Ashville was a really cool drive too. Florida not so much but I did that at night with no traffic. Heading home I may go through Charlotte to avoid driving home on 95. Anybody know if that drive is better?

Last edited: