Quantcast

Wednesdei GMT

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
It's a Dandy one - extending the commute to inspect road snowpack over the Mountain in Town.

Have to wade through serious dog-poo at the gate across the road, Dave Matthew's pet dog carrying a Bus Endorsement serious.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Weather around here is finally starting to feel like Summer may actually be coming this year. Temps in the 60s during the day and the trails are starting to dry out. Hoping to finally dust off the bikes and maybe do a family bike ride this weekend.

Needs wing dings
:stupid:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone know what trail conditions are like in Vermont? I'm thinking Waterbury/Stowe or Kingdom... this weekend or next.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I have a guy giving an estimate on repainting the trim on the house today, I need to move my boat out of the fair grounds, and I need to find a new place to put it.

I ordered some 3/16 steel plate to fab up a new skid plate for my daughters quad. I may also have a lead on some bigger wheels/tires to add some ground clearance. I love the fact her bike has a HUGE rear disc, but it's damn tough to protect. :rofl:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Morning Monkeys.

I have a guy giving an estimate on repainting the trim on the house today, I need to move my boat out of the fair grounds, and I need to find a new place to put it.

I ordered some 3/16 steel plate to fab up a new skid plate for my daughters quad. I may also have a lead on some bigger wheels/tires to add some ground clearance. I love the fact her bike has a HUGE rear disc, but it's damn tough to protect. :rofl:
I don't know why, but every time you refer to her quad as a "bike" I cringe... A quad has four wheels, and a bicycle has two... Is it that hard to keep straight?!?! :monkey::pilot:

/rant.

fwiw, I'm very inspired by how much fun you have with your child in the woods, and hope to be able to get out with my boys as much as you do some day....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I rolled in slowly to work on la bicicleta today.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
my company just announced that they are revising the parental leave policy. all new parents now get an additional 8 weeks of paid leave - maternal, paternal, or adoptive. AND they made it retroactive to May 2014. My kid was born 2 months ago.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Wife got a raise. Woot. One more day of work and then a three day weekend. Bike ride after work today with one of the dudes from work. Opening day for Snow Summit is May 8. I might try to take the day off and hit it up. Shouldn't be too packed on a Friday.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I'd love to meet at kingdom trails, but this weekend is no bueno.
hmmmm.... what about the 16-17? It's a long weekend for us here in Canuckistan, so I'd have to check with my wife if the timing is ok... That might give the trails more time to dry out too...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know why, but every time you refer to her quad as a "bike" I cringe... A quad has four wheels, and a bicycle has two... Is it that hard to keep straight?!?! :monkey::pilot:

/rant.

fwiw, I'm very inspired by how much fun you have with your child in the woods, and hope to be able to get out with my boys as much as you do some day....
That thing she rides the wheels off of in the woods. I can't wait to get her out to China Hat, that's GFF's neck of the woods. I haven't ridden there in years, but damn its a lot of fun. She'll have room to open it up in 3rd. :panic:

Maddie likes bicycles, but never got the passion like Brandon had for them. She loves to hike in the woods as well as haul ass, though. As long as it gets her off the couch, I'm game. We will hit the dunes eventually, but I am a woods guy, same as her. Hike, bike, moto, as long as it involves being it the woods, its all good.

It's even funner than just her and I on Skyline in the Corvette. But that's damn fun, too. It's about chasing experiences and building memories. There was a quote somewhere recently:

Chase experiences, don't chase things. You will never remember what you had, but you will never forget what you did.
Her mom doesn't get it. I fill my time with my daughter with memories, doing things worth remembering. Like the time we did a donut in the parking lot to break the tension before she took her TKD yellow belt test. Those are the stories she will share with her kids some day, and maybe even do a donut of her own if I've done my job as a parent. :rofl:

<edit> Brandon was all about the 20" bikes though, even when he got to be 6'+ and never really got into mountain bikes. But he loved the jump park and skate park. Maddie did one season racing BMX, but has no interest in competition, she just wanted to ride the track with other kids.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, a few things. The 'basic' one is a torn miniscus. The not so basic one is from a three year old ACL repair...it looks like a screw was put in that was a tad too long, thus impinging on the 'soft bits'. Had it ground down...