Quantcast

>>Wednesderp GMT<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Good god, its only Wednesday! I only realized this about 20 minutes ago.

This has to be one of the worst weeks. :panic::panic::panic:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good god, its only Wednesday! I only realized this about 20 minutes ago.

This has to be one of the worst weeks. :panic::panic::panic:
What you said. Terrible week, but out of fucks so I am just going through the paces. Have 3 hours of meetings scheduled today that will be the equivalent of having duck tape slowly pulled of off a hairy scrotum.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got our race car all primer'ed last night, and was able to paint the white panels of our 2-tone paint scheme. I don't know if I posted this, but I managed to roll it a few months ago during testing / tuning and basically crumpled the hood, roof, both doors, and a couple body panels. We got us a cheap roller to use as a roof / door donor, cut off the roof, welded it on the race car, applied very little bondo, sanded the shit out of it, and last night we did final prep to start painting. We did all primer and paint ourselves using a $12 spray gun from Harbor Freight and $8 quarts of Rustoleum. I'll post pics when we get the blue paint done as well.

Ready for primer:

Shooting self-etching primer on the whole car:

All primer'ed!

Off-white side panels:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I can't complain about this week. Back on the bike and weather is nice. Was up 5.30am to get some riding in and did 27 miles in 1.15:35 which I was pretty happy about. I also managed to crush a tri dude which made everything sweeter.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
A work month from hell goes on. Day 10 of being formally laid off, yet still waiting for the big boss and a few bidders to get their shit together and decide whether someone wants the remaining pieces of our company for pee'n'utz, or if I am checking in the unemployment benefits line next week.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I can't complain about this week. Back on the bike and weather is nice. Was up 5.30am to get some riding in and did 27 miles in 1.15:35 which I was pretty happy about. I also managed to crush a tri dude which made everything sweeter.
The S.O.C. has resumed? :thumb:

I accompanied the wife-bot to drop off the elder child at her (new to her as of this week) Montessori preschool. Said child was clingy--she's starting to realize this school change is for real. Then said wife dropped me + bike on rack off at work. Today I plan to have other radiologists categorize randomly generated lung nodules by hand vs. using a computer program, plus I give a lecture to the residents at noon.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The S.O.C. has resumed? :thumb:

I accompanied the wife-bot to drop off the elder child at her (new to her as of this week) Montessori preschool. Said child was clingy--she's starting to realize this school change is for real. Then said wife dropped me + bike on rack off at work. Today I plan to have other radiologists categorize randomly generated lung nodules by hand vs. using a computer program, plus I give a lecture to the residents at noon.
Yes, S.O.C is back in full effect!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Some of the questions being asked in this audit are so general, its almost entrapment. Here, lets ask the most ambiguous question, just to see what you respond with. One wrong word and a can of whoop ass is opened.

I just made that mistake by using the word "share" instead of "transmit". Someone give me some ebolaids so I can go home sick.

:banghead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got our race car all primer'ed last night, and was able to paint the white panels of our 2-tone paint scheme. I don't know if I posted this, but I managed to jimmydean it a few months ago during testing / tuning and basically crumpled the hood, roof, both doors, and a couple body panels. We got us a cheap roller to use as a roof / door donor, cut off the roof, welded it on the race car, applied very little bondo, sanded the shit out of it, and last night we did final prep to start painting. We did all primer and paint ourselves using a $12 spray gun from Harbor Freight and $8 quarts of Rustoleum. I'll post pics when we get the blue paint done as well.

Ready for primer:

Shooting self-etching primer on the whole car:

All primer'ed!

Off-white side panels:
FTFY

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Oh man... Chins up fellas! Sorry it's a shitty week for some of you, and super jelly of a 27 mile early morning bike ride! I have been waking up with the sun for a month or so now, but I don't want to get up so I lay there and enjoy the quiet. One of these days I will have to do something useful with that extra time!
Also, good Lord I need a break from the constant imbibing! I think my brain is melting! I'm too old for this!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Oh man... Chins up fellas! Sorry it's a shitty week for some of you, and super jelly of a 27 mile early morning bike ride! I have been waking up with the sun for a month or so now, but I don't want to get up so I lay there and enjoy the quiet. One of these days I will have to do something useful with that extra time!
Also, good Lord I need a break from the constant imbibing! I think my brain is melting! I'm too old for this!
I was up at 5.30am and on the bike by 6am. Only thing is it makes me a little tired at work and very hungry. You just gotta do it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
About to book flights for 2 weeks in Israel, with a few days in Amsterdam on the way back. :monkeydance:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Tried to run this morning. Not sure if too many drugs still in my system, or not enough. Ran like I was dragging an anchor, totally crapped out at mile 4 climbing a big hill, and then my jaw started hurting like a MF'er. Why on earth did I let a dentist convince me to pull my wisdom teeth? Fucking sadists, the whole lot of them.

I'm fully on board with the "Eff this week" crew, and it's my Sunday.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
That's rough 'squeeb! Can totally empathize on the wisdom teeth pain, I did not tolerate that well! Good job trying to get out there! And... your Sunday? My condolences.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
WTF happened to your knee?
i think it was an old wrestling injury that I just re-injured. It's a meniscus tear, I guess it's torn and then folded over on itself. they have to cut it out to repair it. 2-4 weeks and they I should be ready to go, and then 20 years down the line I'll have arthritis, but I'd rather have the good years with the kiddo than be hobbled forever!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i think it was an old wrestling injury that I just re-injured. It's a meniscus tear, I guess it's torn and then folded over on itself. they have to cut it out to repair it. 2-4 weeks and they I should be ready to go, and then 20 years down the line I'll have arthritis, but I'd rather have the good years with the kiddo than be hobbled forever!
have you inquired about a meniscal allograft?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Just got back from dodging storms to sneak in a lunch ride and some errands. I don't know why everyone is Captain Complainy Pants around here, my week is fuggin' awesome. Pizza and beer tonight FTMFW Sneeches!

my new work ride

Hoon the ever-living shit outta that thing.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear this bud. Get well soon!