Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
sort of, there has been an acquisition in the works for some time. we find out today what the path forward is. I expect that it will continue as normal. Getting laid off would give me a few months of paid time at home raising my kids, which would be pretty amazing. It would also afford my wife more time and flexibility to grow her career, which is taking off compared to mine. so, it would be pretty cool. Unfortunately, also pretty unlikely.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

A bright and sunshiny commute in this morning. Everyone was on their best behavior...or heavily medicated....either way is fine.

My son's science project is finally finished. I hope I get a good grade...

It's a busy week around here....work is a large, heavy boulder on my face. So much so, that I found myself looking at the dude mowing the grass in the median on the highway and thinking "....well, he looks happy...maybe I could do that - seems less stressful than what I'm doing..."

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Kids have been dropped off at school, other kids are being dropped off at the pool. Now I get to ride my bike on frozen slush and hidden ice.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Trailer plans are coming together in my head. Unfortunately they are heavily dependent upon welding a bundle of stuff to the trailer, perhaps I should consider picking up my own MIG so I can get this ball rolling...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Kids have been dropped off at school, other kids are being dropped off at the pool. Now I get to ride my bike on frozen slush and hidden ice.
commuters are generally very unhappy people. whether it be in the car, on foot, or even on bikes. what the hell is wrong with peope?!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Trailer plans are coming together in my head. Unfortunately they are heavily dependent upon welding a bundle of stuff to the trailer, perhaps I should consider picking up my own MIG so I can get this ball rolling...
Just impulse bought myself a Hobart Handler 140 MIG welder. Biggest I could go while still running off 110V. Given that it welds up to 1/4" steel, I'd wager it'll handle what I need it to.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, my beautiful internet acquaintances. FYI, don't expect your company payroll manager to give a flying fock when you make a tax appointment for the last week of January and don't have your W2 in time for it. W2's need to be postmarked by January 31, and I am going to take all the time allowable by law to make sure all 16,000 of them are accurate before I mail them. So eat me.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Mother nature can't make up her mind as usual. Warm/rainy the past two days, cold today & tomorrow, then warm over the weekend.

Such is life in western NY.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Loan has been finalized, just waiting to close on the new house at this point. Sellers had asked if we could close earlier than the initial closing date (Feb 23), but are now not sure they can close early on their end. I have our lawyer ready to close as soon as possible.....which is what we want. We will see, but at least we know the house is ours, whether it be 2 weeks or 4 weeks from now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Loan has been finalized, just waiting to close on the new house at this point. Sellers had asked if we could close earlier than the initial closing date (Feb 23), but are now not sure they can close early on their end. I have our lawyer ready to close as soon as possible.....which is what we want. We will see, but at least we know the house is ours, whether it be 2 weeks or 4 weeks from now.
no more naked in laws!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Weather sucks, some of the worst winter weather on tap here as well. We got a tropical rainstorm and high 50s yesterday with street flooding and wind and more wind and rain coming so riding has been and is going to be near impossible. Work sucks, too, but if I get laid off, I am going to get 2 weeks' compensation and my health insurance will be terminated on the same midnight so much less fun than @Sandwich.

upload_2018-1-24_10-36-46.png

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I definitely need GNU gah for my computing needs, it would be my most frequently used utility. :D
im trying to get to something like this, all of my googling has gotten me nowhere :(

hostname: hostname.ridemonkey.net.eu
OS version: some silly rhel version
kernel: kernel version

well, trying to have the results of hostname, os version, and kernel be aligned together

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
aw man, I'm still gainfully employed.

Not enough #thoughtsandprayers :(

sorry Petr, I hope things work out the way you would like them to, whichever way that is!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
walked out of the bathroom jsut as teh burrito lady was walking into the lobby. first in line baby!!

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

2nd last shift today, so I'll be on here quite a bit today. No work to do.

My girls thought it would be real nice of them to shovel my parking pad last night so it was clear when I got home from work... problem being, I needed the snow to provide traction to get my van out, which didn't happen.. so, tonight I get to dig it out...

At least I was able to drive the Durango in, heated seats are super nice....

Onward to lunch....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Weather sucks, some of the worst winter weather on tap here as well. We got a tropical rainstorm and high 50s yesterday with street flooding and wind and more wind and rain coming so riding has been and is going to be near impossible. Work sucks, too, but if I get laid off, I am going to get 2 weeks' compensation and my health insurance will be terminated on the same midnight so much less fun than @Sandwich.

View attachment 127704
jaysus. this healthcare situation is ridiculous... but you're still in the US, so I imagine the tradeoffs make it worthwhile...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
last night was night #2 on the wagon, did not sleep any better.
stick with it....

a couple of weekends ago i had a video call with a friend two nights in a row out west who has addiction problems...the second nights conversation was basically the first nights....the first night he was sipping wine....second night chugging old crow....

don't get like that.