Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
school called at 3. little one had puked in class. so off I go to pick him up. I get there, and he's playing outside, all happy and energetic. :/ whatever. bring him home, have dinner, and come back to work. it's quiet here now, and I can actually get some shit done. when I'm not on the monkey that is... hehehe

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
That's a solid rig. I still haven't bought myself one, but that one is always top of my list and I can get parts local.
Got a pile of welding to do on the new trailer, so this should come in handy. Gotta figure out how to MIG, I’ve only done stick, oxyacetylene brazing, and a wee bit o TIG. Can’t be too hard right?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Got a pile of welding to do on the new trailer, so this should come in handy. Gotta figure out how to MIG, I’ve only done stick, oxyacetylene brazing, and a wee bit o TIG. Can’t be too hard right?
If I can figure it out, anybody can. :rofl:

Start with some flux core and mess some stuff up. You can do some really nice welds with the gas, but I know a lot of guys doing damn nice work with flux core, just more clean up from splatter. My Harbor Freight auto dark helmet was cheap and works like a champ. I think I got it for $35 on sale or with a coupon or something.

If I could only tig like Nate Porter.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Do a bunch of test welds on similar sized plate. Stick it in a vice, beat it with a hammer or whatever and make sure it is up to snuff. The first few welds I thought were good were shit. Once I thought I got to a point where everything looked good and seemed strong I made an alternator bracket for my Volvo, which fatigued and broke three weeks later.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I'm actually going on about 3 weeks, except for 1 night last week. Can confirm that I am not sleeping any better, though I do feel better so I can't really explain that. Magnets?
Ha! after today's work day I'm ready to reset. But, I won't. Ugh. I just want to sleep.

How was skiing the rest of the day?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
ahh that was good. I did 30 minutes of intervals on the elliptical 3 minutes with the incline at 6 then 3 minutes at 18 repeated for 30 minutes and then i went outside and ran for another 30 minutes. quite the sweat going

Last edited: