Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My bike won't hike itself up to 12600ft so I guess I better go push it up there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
OK there is no fucking hope for this country. this poll explains exactly why people vote as they do

Grab your Nacho Fries and Mexican Crispy Chicken Pizza. Taco Bell has claimed the top spot among Mexican-style restaurants, according to one survey.

The popular fast food joint was named America's best Mexican restaurant by Harris Poll,:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::o:fie::fie::fie:

fucking idiots

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/Taco-Bell-best-Mexican-restaurant-Harris-Poll-13221812.php
I can kind of understand why Taco Bell would be at the top of some crappy poll, because its pretty much everywhere and cheap.

Are any fast food/chain type Mexican places actually any good though?

A random hole in the wall place will always top them, but won't be very popular. And when you think about it, the less people that know, the better. It'll keep them from growing bigger than hole in the wall status and becoming over crowded.

There is a Mexican place here in my town (farming town, lots of migrant workers in the summer), owned by a Mexican family (shocking, I know). The food was amazing, but over the years it became more and more popular. Now they've doubled in size and the food quality and general service is now just average.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I claim victory over today. I am wearing shorts at work. Got tired of having to clean wound goo out of my pants or having to bandage it up and dealing with goo after work.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I claim victory over today. I am wearing shorts at work. Got tired of having to clean wound goo out of my pants or having to bandage it up and dealing with goo after work.
What sort of wound dressing? I can highly recommend hydrocolloid bandages - they keep the wound moist, make it heal from the inside out, won't stick, but are on the expensive side.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
OK there is no fucking hope for this country. this poll explains exactly why people vote as they do

Grab your Nacho Fries and Mexican Crispy Chicken Pizza. Taco Bell has claimed the top spot among Mexican-style restaurants, according to one survey.

The popular fast food joint was named America's best Mexican restaurant by Harris Poll,:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::o:fie::fie::fie:

fucking idiots

https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/Taco-Bell-best-Mexican-restaurant-Harris-Poll-13221812.php
Ever eaten from a Taco Johns? :fie:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Had an awesome ride with my gal last night. We rode one of the trickier / techier trails in the area and her skills and confidence are progressing a bunch. The new bike fits her really well, and the modern geo is definitely helping. So happy for her, and selfishly happy for me: the types of trails she has fun on are becoming more diverse and more difficult.

My bike won't hike itself up to 12600ft so I guess I better go push it up there.
Get some.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
What sort of wound dressing? I can highly recommend hydrocolloid bandages - they keep the wound moist, make it heal from the inside out, won't stick, but are on the expensive side.
When I cover it, I've been using non-stick gauze wound pads, not sure exactly what they are called. Then have to wrap them in stretchy gauze. One of the problems is that even after getting the largest non-stick pads from the pharmacy, I have to use at least three of them to cover it all. And part of it is on my knee, so when I wear pants it always wants to slide down too. As you mentioned, this crap is expensive... And when its covered, it just seems to ooze out liquid all day.

Doctor prescribed some fucidin cream last week to help it along. My arm got chewed up at well and that is almost healed up. One part is deep, but it has a solid scab and is already starting to peal off.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip> I have no effing clue WTF is in my plate for the day.
Ima go ride my bike in the mountains. And eat tacos. And eat some Thai. So I've got that going for me... which is nice.

Local VMBA chapter board meeting last night - general vagueness and lack of focus... :rant:
Sounds like someone needs to take the reins! Funny thing about volunteer organizations...

Gunsight Pass/Scarp Ridge? Do tell!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Hours tonight for a coworker that is leaving. Woot woot.

Am I the only one on a 26er still? My bike has taken A BEATING over the years and I might need a new one. At least I don't have a flip phone.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Am I the only one on a 26er still? My bike has taken A BEATING over the years and I might need a new one. At least I don't have a flip phone.
NOPE. Glad I'm not alone. One nice thing about being here is 26" stuff is generally dirt cheap. Buddy is sending me a couple of his old 26" tires and a set of Mavic 823 rims for free. I picked up a set of ENVE enduro wheels last summer for less than what a single ENVE rim retails for, and just build up a sweet new to me carbon XC bike.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
NOPE. Glad I'm not alone. One nice thing about being here is 26" stuff is generally dirt cheap. Buddy is sending me a couple of his old 26" tires and a set of Mavic 823 rims for free. I picked up a set of ENVE enduro wheels last summer for less than what a single ENVE rim retails for, and just build up a sweet new to me carbon XC bike.
I'm worried about future availability of stuff though. When I hit the road I won't be able to have spare parts delivered all the time.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm worried about future availability of stuff though. When I hit the road I won't be able to have spare parts delivered all the time.
There's still plenty of good quality rims and tires available. Newer stuff coming out, not so much. But yea, the selection is gonna decrease for sure, but for the foreseeable future it's not going away completely.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Gunsight Pass/Scarp Ridge? Do tell!
Nah, Canyon Crick fo'sho.

ex823s available for free + cost of shipping, prob have 2-3 good to go with nip inserts.
QFT.

I have two perfectly good 823 rims that I'll gladly send to someone for free + the cost of the spokes and hubs (DT 440) they're laced to + the cost of shipping. Heck, I'd even throw in the 11-23(?) cassette gratis and the Magic Marys for pennies on the dollar. Pennies!