Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Rode Bittercreek. 93 degrees? Did not care for it. Fun downhill sections here and there but far too much grinding to make it worth it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rode Bittercreek. 93 degrees? Did not care for it. Fun downhill sections here and there but far too much grinding to make it worth it.
Presume you mean Bitterbrush, did you do Nelson loop at the top?

@Full Trucker @SkaredShtles yep Canyon Creek loop from Snowblind CG. Perfect conditions apart from the strong gusty winds as we started to make our descent.

I'd like to petition against that "little" climb you have to do at the end to get back over to Tomichi Pass Rd.

Photo from the top in the photo thread.

Last edited:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
We stayed home all day and watched a crew take out a giant tree out of our backyard today. We can now see the sun, and have less dread of maple leaves covering our(s) (and the neighbor's) yard. WOOT! I'll post a pic when I can.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Oh - and I took the shuttle bus up to Beaver Creek and then climbed up to Paulie's Plunge. That descent is a hoot. Tons of roots which give way to a middle section that's really rocky. Then some smooth-ish fast, straight shit near the bottom.

I was getting inordinately beaten up on the descent, which I attributed to being tired - but when I got home I discovered the LSC knob was on full "firm" which I must have done for the service road climb.

:imstupid:

I really shouldn't be allowed to touch knobs. :D

Oh, and @Toshi - good call not joining - prolly would have killed an old man like you, Old Man. :p

And Beaver Creek appears to hate freedumb.

img20180912_184743.jpg

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, @6thElement Bitterbrush, yes. Did the Nelson loop clockwise, left at the fork. That downhill bit was fun but so much up and down and wasted trail.

@SkaredShtles Beaver Creek is that way because it's on USFS land. Only Mammoth Bike Park has received a variance on their use permit to allow class 1 e-bikes. In future years I bet more will follow (or maybe JeffCo will shut me out!). :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ladyfriend has informed me that we are now more than friends. I have neither planned nor desired this. Must work on my antisocial skills.