Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Decision-makers at work: We're going to standardize and automate everything
Also decision-makers: Except for everything that comes in. We'll make an exception an do some retarded one-off for all of it.
Also also: Why can't we seem to get anything completed?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Got an Air Fryer from my father. I am now obsessed. Just before he told me he was sending it, i had poured oil into a pot to deep fry things.
we got one too. pretty amazing but really more of a convection oven.
we had a trader joes frozen feast the other night. everything came out as crisp as if fried but not nearly as greasy.
I would say its worth it just for the tater tots though.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I could not stand the constant waterboarding of @Udi about how good these are and finally broke down.
Expectations are high, it better not disappoint! ;)

RC4.jpg

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Does it do a better job than a plain old convection oven?
Ive never used one but i imagine it gets lots hotter. Ours is basically a hot plate element with a fan above it & a "fry basket" under neath. leftovers are the bomb in it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
F0442C1E-2EF0-41AD-88F9-B580D7B910B7.jpeg
BEER RUN. local bottle shop got bombers of my favorite seasonal beer: lagunitas cappucino stout, 10%, $4.50 each. win.

took kids to theatrical production of percy jackson: lightening thief last night. scored front row seats in lottery. it was pretty good; they were entertained. let them (and me) sleep in this morning.

have to do a tv spot tomorrow instead of taking he day to ride. oh well. will find time soon. also want to get back to the local spot and continue digging...

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
is it any good by comparison?
I would say so. As TN says below, crisp and not greasy. Not sure i would want to use it for anything batter covered as the item is not suspended in oil, so i think it wouldnt turn out great.

we got one too. pretty amazing but really more of a convection oven.
we had a trader joes frozen feast the other night. everything came out as crisp as if fried but not nearly as greasy.
I would say its worth it just for the tater tots though.
So far i have used mine to cook fries, meatballs, and jalapeno poppers. I forgot to get wings last night. Guess i need to go back to the store.

Does it do a better job than a plain old convection oven?
For somethings, i would say yes such as large quantities of loose items like fries.

Yes. It is just a high powered convection oven.
Yes, but slightly different results.