Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Couldn't sleep, been up since 3:30, WTF. Still need 4 chainring bolts, I will go to a real shop today.

I just noticed Performance has closed (yes, I'm slow). I didn't shop there much, but still kinda sad.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

More work today, but kind of in a hold pattern while the HVAC gets figured out. Quote yesterday for a furnace was $20K, so now we are exploring ductless systems.

Any of you monkeys have ductless units? How effective and costly are they for heating when the mercury dips?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
artist in town today through friderp, with ton of programs scheduled. at least wife is taking kids to orlando with friends from tomorrow through sunday, so i won't need to worry about them. mebbe get in a ride in the hills this weekend. if my knee would heal itself more quickly . . . that'd be peachy.

coffeeing it nao!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mornin!

More work today, but kind of in a hold pattern while the HVAC gets figured out. Quote yesterday for a furnace was $20K, so now we are exploring ductless systems.

Any of you monkeys have ductless units? How effective and costly are they for heating when the mercury dips?
i dunno about that BS. we had a cast iron stove insert installed in our fireplace hearth and the chimeny sleeved for about $4k

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I don’t have one but have looked into them. For a modern one like a Mitsubishi the COP remains above 1.0 down to something like 15 degrees. NREL has a nice document of test results iirc.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Commuting in this thing is just cheating. I have an autopilot going slowly in traffic and Spanish to go through my calendar and about a dozen emails while mildly looking forward while the car drove itself this is just f****** cheating.

merge points are a little bit sketchy because it does tend to center itself so if you have some a****** running up the right attempt to merge right which can cause problems clearly.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Speaking with some headhunters today. One is just a social meeting, the other one is a moon shot that will be given to someone with a more impressive pedigree. And so it goes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Commuting in this thing is just cheating. I have an autopilot going slowly in traffic and Spanish to go through my calendar and about a dozen emails while mildly looking forward while the car drove itself this is just f****** cheating.

merge points are a little bit sketchy because it does tend to center itself so if you have some a****** running up the right attempt to merge right which can cause problems clearly.
You do need to be able to take over at any time, though. Don’t get complacent—it’s great until it isn’t, all of a sudden.

I am partially excited, partially skeptical about their FSD package.

@Adventurous found the summary document, which is probably higher yield than the super boring 100 page full reports they put out. Even better than I thought, never drops below 2.0 COP: https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy12osti/54846.pdf

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You do need to be able to take over at any time, though. Don’t get complacent—it’s great until it isn’t, all of a sudden.

I am partially excited, partially skeptical about their FSD package.

@Adventurous found the summary document, which is probably higher yield than the super boring 100 page full reports they put out. Even better than I thought, never drops below 2.0 COP: https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy12osti/54846.pdf
I'm not ignoring by any means. I know the limitations of autopilot. This is the 5mph slow traffic stuff. Not using it in the 470 construction areas. Just able to keep my head down with auto-braking aspect. I use Wifey's Infiniti similarly in stop and go in straight lines.

Doing email/calendar while driving is fucked up behavior no matter the circumstance.

I'm still learning driving assist routines in the Sprinter - slightly annoying but useful, a very different driving experience.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Doing email/calendar while driving is fucked up behavior no matter the circumstance.

I'm still learning driving assist routines in the Sprinter - slightly annoying but useful, a very different driving experience.
Technology is a bitch. When a car can stop and go for you, while you are in stop and go traffic, the risk is negligible. Doing it while driving and self-controlled is far, far different.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
If I, er...when I spill coffee, its always on my crotch. ALWAYS.
pretty sure I am permanently gonna smell like fresh ganj. the trimming is never ending. :dead:
in other news, well there is no other news, its been nothing but work, then harvest, then sleep, since the weekend.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
If I, er...when I spill coffee, its always on my crotch. ALWAYS.
pretty sure I am permanently gonna smell like fresh ganj. the trimming is never ending. :dead:
in other news, well there is no other news, its been nothing but work, then harvest, then sleep, since the weekend.
look at mr "I have so much legal smokables that I have grown tired of trimming it" over here

:P