Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
We did last year. This year I am taking to a buddy who has an industrial rosin press. hopefully the yield from my trim & larf will be good.
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I'll be down in the 303 mid November if there's anything left by then...

I miss the days of having friends in the bud-ness (finger kief balls)

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I've had good Thai food twice in Montana. I've had good Thai food even MORE times in Jackson, WY. :drool:
Where in MT?

We used to drive to HLN and the 'hole to get our fix... back when BZN had none.

Now we have several but I am unimpre$$ed which is probably more related to all the cheap but yummy Thai I've had in Chicago visiting in-laws and back in DC...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tesla conversation is active with Wifey. Discussing things with Tesla rep because only delivery by eom options have premium options that I don't want. Credit to @Toshi for knowing they are bending a bit to make eom.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Where in MT?

We used to drive to HLN and the 'hole to get our fix... back when BZN had none.

Now we have several but I am unimpre$$ed which is probably more related to all the cheap but yummy Thai I've had in Chicago visiting in-laws and back in DC...
Yeah - it was a bit pricey, but not really any more than Thai 'round these parts. And it wasn't *great* Thai, but was good.

In Jackson I've had both great and good Thai.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
  • Serviced DH fork
  • Installed new chain on trail bike
  • Went to repair snapped spoke on wife's trail bike but it snapped in the nipple so I need to re-tape and tubeless it to fix it properly and not sure if I have the right width of tubeless tape...
  • Also need to bleed her back brake
  • Also need to do a lowers service on both our trail bikes
  • Also need to front swap rotors and pads on the Subaru...
Too much shit still to do on the to-do list.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Montana is full per our standards so I would not advocate for anyone to move here.

But I think the MT/WY/ID vs CO debate centers around whether you want to live in (or close to) an actual urban area with access to the mountains or whether you want to live in (closer to) the mountains with access to "urban" areas.

I find that the more time I spend in Island Park ID-ahoozle (population 272[!!!!] In 2017) the less tolerance I have for the shitshow that BZN had become (pop 46,946)

The same things that make CO great (in my mind: purple-ish politics and emphasis on human powered recreation/trail infrastructure) are the same things that make it shitty.

I see more people biking on my yearly trip to CO in one day in Fruita/GJ than I'd see in half a summer or more up here.

BUT I could easily make a counter argument that ALL (rural) towns that rely on the tourism economy become soulless places devoid of strong community life due to the consistent turnover of service economy employees.

Issues that are (perhaps) less salient in communities with a more diversified economy.

TLDR: If you can't be with the one you love*, love the one you're with...

*Because it doesn't exist, no place tics all the "boxes"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Montana is full per our standards so I would not advocate for anyone to move here.

But I think the MT/WY/ID vs CO debate centers around whether you want to live in (or close to) an actual urban area with access to the mountains or whether you want to live in (closer to) the mountains with access to "urban" areas.

I find that the more time I spend in Island Park ID-ahoozle (population 272[!!!!] In 2017) the less tolerance I have for the shitshow that BZN had become (pop 46,946)

The same things that make CO great (in my mind: purple-ish politics and emphasis on human powered recreation/trail infrastructure) are the same things that make it shitty.

I see more people biking on my yearly trip to CO in one day in Fruita/GJ than I'd see in half a summer or more up here.

BUT I could easily make a counter argument that ALL (rural) towns that rely on the tourism economy become soulless places devoid of strong community life due to the consistent turnover of service economy employees.

Issues that are (perhaps) less salient in communities with a more diversified economy.

TLDR: If you can't be with the one you love*, love the one you're with...

*Because it doesn't exist, no place tics all the "boxes"
No sweat. I'm hoping to "live" in a whole bunch of places once I get rid of these kids... Montana is on the list, but it will probably be somewhat brief. Canadian Rockies are on the list too. :brows:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
On a Toshi like fast. Since Monday I have worked 40 hours slept maybe 8 hours and have only eaten a taco and a banana. Down 7 lbs. If course not on purpose, anxiety driven fasting.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
On a Toshi like fast. Since Monday I have worked 40 hours slept maybe 8 hours and have only eaten a taco and a banana. Down 7 lbs. If course not on purpose, anxiety driven fasting.
Eating makes it not a fast. Sheesh.

I thought you were going to tell work to shove it where the sun don’t shine?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Eating makes it not a fast. Sheesh.

I thought you were going to tell work to shove it where the sun don’t shine?
I have become somewhat obsessive compulsive in making this shitshow of a project work. I have been pretty loose with the fuck-offs when asked to follow the normal corporate BS. Kind of just doing what I think is right and ignoring everyone else.

I have had a few brief conversations about what is going to happen after this, talks of getting a fellowship have begun.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I'll be down in the 303 mid November if there's anything left by then...

I miss the days of having friends in the bud-ness (finger kief balls)
You will have to pm me! things should be cured to perfection by then!