Quantcast

**"wednesderp GMT"**

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I can only imagine. And yes, theoretically I do, though I haven't in a year. One of these days life will settle down enough that I'll head up your way and we can ride.
Why wait? Let's do it while we are in the prime riding season. How about this weekend at Landlocked forest? :)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Kinda beautiful in a way, but also an upwardly curving top tube for no apparent reason? "Kill List." as @jonKranked might say. Also, I'm no stranger to dentist pricing but holy FACK... $2,850 for a steel hardtail is beyond even my level of dentistry.
i've known / met a few custom frame builders in my days. that shit is art, and the price tag isn't unwarranted (in most cases). that being said, i can appreciate them for what they are while not being in the market for one.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I deal with lack of actual friends by spending as much time in the woods, solo and grumbling to myself. I’m extroverted but have little tolerance for the other humans. Must have been all that D&D I played as a nerdy teenager.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Why wait? Let's do it while we are in the prime riding season. How about this weekend at Landlocked forest? :)
This weekend I'll be up in VT with my dad and neither for the opening day of the whitetail season. The weekend after that too. The one after that may be my first chance at a ride.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
not everyone is wired this way. some people need it more than others.
I'd contend that Ridemonkey and things like it are actually super helpful in this regard. I have more in common with you monkeys than I do with the vast majority of my neighbors.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
:stupid: My neighbors are old and sedentary. And they keep to themselves. Perfect neighbors, really. :D
Mine are similar in demographics, +/- 5 years and with 2-3 kids. But I don't want to drink light beer in someone's backyard and chat about kids or sports or some shit like that. I'd rather ride my bike and then nerd out online.

:D

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'd contend that Ridemonkey and things like it are actually super helpful in this regard. I have more in common with you monkeys than I do with the vast majority of my neighbors.
Not that I dont have a ton in common with you guys, cause I certainly do, but for me, I need real life interaction too in spite of my introversion. Someone to hang out with every now and again, exchange texts, share big news or problems, just someone to listen when I need them. While the internet can be great for that, it isn't a one for one substitute.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Nerds with monocles. That shit's expensive, and totally pay-to-win.

Battletech is coming back, though! Giant stompy robots!
:nerd:
The fun thing about MTG is it doesn't have to be expensive. You can go buy a $40 preconstructed deck and have a blast. The legacy formats are more $$$ to buy in, but again, there are ways around it. With all of the various combinations and synergies, it's a highly dynamic game, and doesnt have to be as nerdy as people make it.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
on making friends - I get more and more introverted the older I get. I think I come off as not interested or anti-social these days, but I'm really neither. That, combined with working WAY too fucking much, leaves me alone often and I'm getting (slightly) more comfortable with that.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
- I get more and more introverted the older I get. I think I come off as not interested or anti-social these days, but I'm really neither.
I’m extroverted but have little tolerance for the other humans.
I don't even like the people I like. I'm pretty much at peak social interaction as it is most days. Not really sure I have much interest in adding to it. Work schedule makes it hard for me to get out or keep up with the people I already know, and what that doesn't kill, the PTSD, trauma, and social anxiety gets the rest.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't even like the people I like. I'm pretty much at peak social interaction as it is most days. Not really sure I have much interest in adding to it. Work schedule makes it hard for me to get out or keep up with the people I already know, and what that doesn't kill, the PTSD, trauma, and social anxiety gets the rest.
you should move into agriculture.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Mine are similar in demographics, +/- 5 years and with 2-3 kids. But I don't want to drink light beer in someone's backyard and chat about kids or sports or some shit like that.
This. I hate talking about kids while getting a buzz on & hate pro sports more than anything else. Lets go ski, go hike, fish THEN hang on the deck but with good beers & tales of adventures.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
you should move into agriculture.
Noticed the other day a house I walk the dog past has what appears to be 7-8 fairly well developed pot plants in the backyard that you can see from the sidewalk.
1. Pretty sure that's still illegal
2. Not sure how much they might be worth these days
3. Growing season has maybe 3 more weeks at this point
4. :mad:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Noticed the other day a house I walk the dog past has what appears to be 7-8 fairly well developed pot plants in the backyard that you can see from the sidewalk.
Buddy of mine has a neighbor that apparently pulls in 8-10 POUNDS per year out of his back yard. Apparently he can't even GIVE away all of it. He apparently makes some cannabutter with trim/shake.

I told my buddy I want some cannabutter. :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

I believe you can have up to 12 plants in a 2-adult household, but what do I know. Drugs are bad.