Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Supposed to be a high of 72 today and only 22 freedums tomorrow with a random amount of snow, 3-7" forecast.

I guess I should get to that to-do list along with working for the man
  • Finish winterizing waterlines in camper
  • Finish mending the leaky gutter I've ignored all summer
  • Pick the last of the tomatoes

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Supposed to be a high of 72 today and only 22 freedums tomorrow with a random amount of snow, 3-7" forecast.

I guess I should get to that to-do list along with working for the man
  • Finish winterizing waterlines in camper
  • Finish mending the leaky gutter I've ignored all summer
  • Pick the last of the tomatoes
i bet TN's roof is gonna be entertaining now that who knows what he did to his arm

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So to compound the black out issues Caltrans will have to shut down the 4 Caldecot tunnels on the hwy 4 freeway. Due to no power to run the ventilation fans or tunnel lights. Major gridlock will hit I 80 and I 580 the only other eastbound routes out of the Bay area. Let the shit show begin.

Picked a lousy week to stop sniffing glue

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So to compound the black out issues Caltrans will have to shut down the 4 Caldecot tunnels on the hwy 4 freeway. Due to no power to run the ventilation fans or tunnel lights. Major gridlock will hit I 80 and I 580 the only other eastbound routes out of the Bay area. Let the shit show begin.

:popcorn:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

3rd world problems.

Morning. I too am involved in some job hunting activities. Not sure I am seeing anything worth jumping the ship, yet. In other news, lots of rain coming, bikes will have to wait. Perhaps this good time to start sniffing glue?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
First time this school year I managed to get the boys to school on time to get to work early enough to do my physio exercises and stretching. My back will thank me later.

Now I just have to get going 20 minutes earlier for when we put the bikes away and start walking to school. :/

anyways.... good morning y'all, it's a beautiful sunny day out there. enjoy!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Benefits fair today. Need to blown out my sprinklers today. Need to get a sport coat for a wedding this weekend because none of suits fit since I got less fat. I'm scared to see how much the expedited tailoring will cost.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. 37 hours fasted at the moment. Didn't feel great on my bike commute in--might be halting my metformin-for-non-diabetic-me experiment. Will update you all if I die kthxbye

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Present. Didn't sleep all that well last night because of kid getting up in the middle of the night for a drink and scaring the shit out of my wife. Still made it to the gym this morning for deadlifts and 30 min of bike. Serious case of FTS before leaving for Vegas for anniversary on Friday.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I just got notification that my order from CRC was "ready for pick up" . But I don't know where! Normally, any order below $100 isn't picked up for duty/taxes. When I don't think I'll have to pay anything I have parcels sent to my office because the mailroom can accept those. But for some reason, this shipment was picked out. But because I work in a government building, our postal codes (same as a zip code) are all wonky, and I usually have to drive out to central shipping location to pick it up. This is a pain in the @ss because I'll have to bike home at lunch, pick up my car, drive to the location, drive home, then bike back to work. grrrr.

at least I'll have my new chain ring.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Left the house with 198 miles range on the car. Drove 25 miles and currently 198 miles range on the car. This is confusing. I was early, so not driving like a hoodlum, so moderate acceleration and using the regen heavily, but still a wtf? situation.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Left the house with 198 miles range on the car. Drove 25 miles and currently 198 miles range on the car. This is confusing. I was early, so not driving like a hoodlum, so moderate acceleration and using the regen heavily, but still a wtf? situation.
Heading relatively downhill into tech center, no?

Also, IIRC most of the guess-o-meters show range based on how you're driving, so if you hoon that bitch going uphill on the way home you're gonna lose more "miles" off the guess-o-meter on the way home than you might have actually traveled.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
have you done it before?
a) bring warm layers for the top, and consider a spare banana
2) Burro could be my favorite trail anywhere
c. I'm very jealous.
Don't wear gym shorts and don't eat the banana right away; you might need it later.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
high.
chugging coffee, loading a HD full of assets so I can work from home mañana. plan to start a fire & not wear more sweats & hoodie. have a shit ton of trimming to do too. the house will smell lovely. :)
They let me keep my arm. still seems to be shedding fragments of wood.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
high.
chugging coffee, loading a HD full of assets so I can work from home mañana. plan to start a fire & not wear more sweats & hoodie. have a shit ton of trimming to do too. the house will smell lovely. :)
They let me keep my arm. still seems to be shedding fragments of wood.
y u no give arm update?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Heading relatively downhill into tech center, no?

Also, IIRC most of the guess-o-meters show range based on how you're driving, so if you hoon that bitch going uphill on the way home you're gonna lose more "miles" off the guess-o-meter on the way home than you might have actually traveled.
I coast in neutral when coming down from the mountains. I was just informed that may not be totally "legal" but whatever it ups my mpg and saves hard earned fluffer-money.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I coast in neutral when coming down from the mountains. I was just informed that may not be totally "legal" but whatever it ups my mpg and saves hard earned fluffer-money.
It may not up your MPG because when coasting in gear the fuel injectors are turned off. When idling they're on--not much on but not off.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Woke to snow.... was expected though, roads however are particularly icy..... and jack fucks think they shouldn't be using 4x4 yet....... sometimes...... I wish I little jiminy cricket wasnt on my shoulder cause I would leave these fuckers in the ditch..... but no, I feel bad and get out to help

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
It may not up your MPG because when coasting in gear the fuel injectors are turned off. When idling they're on--not much on but not off.

I'm traveling while burning less fuel, so up-ing my miles per $.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
have you done it before?
a) bring warm layers for the top, and consider a spare banana
2) Burro could be my favorite trail anywhere
c. I'm very jealous.
“I better save this.” — random dude on the shuttle to his buddy, folding up the peel on a half eaten banana.