Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I am all for physical controls. Anything that keeps your eyes on the road so you don't have to think about what your hands are doing. That's one of the reasons I liked the Alfa over some of the other cars coming out. There's a physical knob for volume, cruise, lane departure, climate, etc. I rarely change modes or nav points while driving, so that's OK, but man- the Model 3 scares the hell out of me. You're gonna have to stare at the screen to figure out what you want to get done. Imagine if it's not automatic yet, and you're trying to figure out how to turn the wipers on during a test drive...yeesh.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
one thing i don't like about my wife's outback..... the media head unit died (this was last year, but was replaced under warranty), and it took the backup cam with it.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
100% kona coffee is pretty much my favorite. shame its $40/lb.
almost worth it, I am inclined to say with this batch, but it was literally roasted 2 weeks ago & purchased on the farm. Not sure I can find some this good here. :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
almost worth it, I am inclined to say with this batch, but it was literally roasted 2 weeks ago & purchased on the farm. Not sure I can find some this good here. :think:
i was at this roaster when i was on kona. they ship. but again, not cheap.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Were you wearing pants during said interview?
I was, but unlike the last video interview I didn’t mention it. This interview was with a recruiter named Mike at a company called DataRobot, and I totally ended the interview with “Domo arigato, Mike. It was a pleasure talking with you!”

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I was, but unlike the last video interview I didn’t mention it. This interview was with a recruiter named Mike at a company called DataRobot, and I totally ended the interview with “Domo arigato, Mike. It was a pleasure talking with you!”
DataRobot in Boston? Hope you get the job and move here! :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mating ritual with an interested company in a full swing. The recruiter did not sound happy when I asked them about their severance package policy for the unfortunate situation when things do not go as planned. Well, that may be the end of the love dance, we shall see.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
DataRobot in Boston? Hope you get the job and move here! :D
Yeah them, but they have a major office in Denver. Probably travel to Boston some amount though? Not sure. This interview was with an internal HR/recruiter person. Next step is to put my resume and portfolio in front of the Director of Design or some such nonsense.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
maybe you shouldn't park it upsidedown
The nice thing is my driveway is sloped so it all gathers behind the seat. The bad thing is if it gets over about 6" deep, it's rather close to the power seat motors and I am not sure those are submersible. I could be wrong.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wait, you have up to 6" deep puddles in your car ?
Did I NOT mentioned it was a shit ton of water? Generally speaking it doesn't get deeper than 4". There is a wall behind the seat, so it gathers in a V between the floor and the wall.

I am still considering drilling a few small drain holes, but I just use my ShamWow.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Did I NOT mentioned it was a shit ton of water? Generally speaking it doesn't get deeper than 4". There is a wall behind the seat, so it gathers in a V between the floor and the wall.

I am still considering drilling a few small drain holes, but I just use my ShamWow.
Dude, that's moar than a shit ton. Just add some fish and and it's an aquarium. Could pick up some extra cash as an Uber driver. Market it right and Hipsters will be all over taking a ride in the fish tank. This has potential...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well, so far my options are:

A) Lower paying job (still decent though), 45 minutes to an hour commute on the average day, okay benefits, less stress, infrequent business trips

Vs.

B) 25% more pay, 25 minute commute, great benefits, higher stress environment, more frequent trips to Asia

Not sure I'm super thrilled with either, but I do have to choose soon. Decisions decisions...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
shit. pepper keenan (founding drummer of Corrosion of Conformity) dead. I remember seeing them in a warehouse in Raleigh when in high school. Liked the earlier metalcore stuff, but Blind was an amazing album end to end.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well, so far my options are:

A) Lower paying job (still decent though), 45 minutes to an hour commute on the average day, okay benefits, less stress, infrequent business trips

Vs.

B) 25% more pay, 25 minute commute, great benefits, higher stress environment, more frequent trips to Asia

Not sure I'm super thrilled with either, but I do have to choose soon. Decisions decisions...
None of the above? 45m-1h commute would likely kill me, personally...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

the question is the quantity, the question is why you're acting so nonchalant about it, as if standing water in a vehicle is normal.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
shit. pepper keenan (founding drummer of Corrosion of Conformity) dead. I remember seeing them in a warehouse in Raleigh when in high school. Liked the earlier metalcore stuff, but Blind was an amazing album end to end.
:eek:
Damn. I'd seen CoC & Down a few times over the years. Fuck.