Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatdaya say there, chief!! I was at the pool for its 6:00 opening and did 2600 yards non-stop (52 minutes). Good swim. Just eights weeks ago I could barely make it 200 yards. It's come back to me pretty quickly after nearly a year of slacking and Covid shutdown.

Also, another day, another cat mess in the basement. Today the puke puddle was half on the mat my bike trainer is on and half on the floor. That liquid puke has a way of finding it's way under the mat, so that was a fun mess to clean.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This month's PB&J of the Month, which Wife bought me for my birthday back in July. The peanut butter is very runny even after a long stir, so I'll need to let it sit in the fridge and firm up for a couple of days before I eat more. The jelly is awesome and is from Texas, proving more than just two things come from there.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Few hours of work, “ride”, and then maybe sprinkler repair dude will fix a leaking valve.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Coffee-ing nao, considering hot lap on the bike before settling in to the working situation. Not a lot (or anything really) to complain about today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This month's PB&J of the Month, which Wife bought me for my birthday back in July. The peanut butter is very runny even after a long stir, so I'll need to let it since in the fridge and firm up for a couple of days before I eat more. The jelly is awesome and is from Texas, proving more than just two things come from there.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Is there a thread for home loans and re-finances and shit like that there? I have questions. I've only ever bought one house, and am investigating doing my first refinance ever.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just deleted 72 new users from the approval queue that the spam filter caught since last night. So, while you guys do see some spam popping up here and there, the filter catches a lot of stuff before it hits the forums.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
big board presentation meeting this morning, huge weight off my shoulders. need to ride pronto. will be hitting new trails this weekend while traveling.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Any way we could speed this along? Asking for a friend.

Theoretically I think so. Since the entropy of the universe must always increase, a localized massive decrease in entropy would make entropy increase faster everywhere else. So preventing matter from entering black holes will help. Making a white hole would really speed things along but you would run the risk of inverting the direction of time. Not so bad depending on how you feel about getting jammed buck up your mother's baby cannon.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Slept like a brick last night. pure exhaustion from drive the horse rig 2400 miles in 3 days. Damn glad I was smart enought to schedule myself as off from work today. Back at the grind tomorrow. Espresso then start in on cleaning the dead bugs off the camper. From the FB RV board everyone swears by rubbing the bug splats with a wet drier sheet first , let sit for a bit then the stuff hoses off. I will give it a try.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Slept like a brick last night. pure exhaustion from drive the horse rig 2400 miles in 3 days. Damn glad I was smart enought to schedule myself as off from work today. Back at the grind tomorrow. Espresso then start in on cleaning the dead bugs off the camper. From the FB RV board everyone swears by rubbing the bug splats with a wet drier sheet first , let sit for a bit then the stuff hoses off. I will give it a try.
how'd the missus do in terms of results?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Theoretically I think so. Since the entropy of the universe must always increase, a localized massive decrease in entropy would make entropy increase faster everywhere else. So preventing matter from entering black holes will help. Making a white hole would really speed things along but you would run the risk of inverting the direction of time. Not so bad depending on how you feel about getting jammed buck up your mother's baby cannon.
Ugh, I just hate it when a white hole prolapses the direction of time.

Fiesta de Carne de Perro

el grabador del assos
May 1, 2020
I enjoy my obese coworker. It's like having a zoo animal at work for entertainment. Right now he's skootching his wheeled chair over to the mini fridge. He has very detailed opinions about the fast food breakfasts available in our area. One of the high points of his year was when he figured out he could buy a sausage biscuit and get chicken on it for a dollar more. Kind of a chicken/sausage/biscuit Voltron that you can eat. Good shit, man.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I enjoy my obese coworker. It's like having a zoo animal at work for entertainment. Right now he's skootching his wheeled chair over to the mini fridge. He has very detailed opinions about the fast food breakfasts available in our area. One of the high points of his year was when he figured out he could buy a sausage biscuit and get chicken on it for a dollar more. Kind of a chicken/sausage/biscuit Voltron that you can eat. Good shit, man.
That first sentence made me think you ate your coworker but seasoned first with some of Florida’s finest bath salt.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had a morbidly obese diabetic coworker. I did not enjoy him. He wasn't a bad guy but I felt like I was watching someone slowly and purposefully kill themselves. On top of barely being able to move himself between his chair and mobility scooter he had his feet wrapped in bandages from chronic diabetic related infections. He was near having them amputated on several occasions. He had oozing open sores all over his arms and would occasionally pass out from blood pressure problems. He would line up 3 Chipotle burritos on his desk every morning and eat them between his normal cafeteria supplied breakfast and lunch. I refused to touch anything near his desk as I assumed he was just a breeding ground for antibiotic resistant MRSA.

He recently got laid off. I assume this will hasten his demise but I hope it causes him to snap out of his rut and take care of himself.

Fiesta de Carne de Perro

el grabador del assos
May 1, 2020
I had a morbidly obese diabetic coworker. I did not enjoy him. He wasn't a bad guy but I felt like I was watching someone slowly and purposefully kill themselves. On top of barely being able to move himself between his chair and mobility scooter he had his feet wrapped in bandages from chronic diabetic related infections. He was near having them amputated on several occasions. He had oozing open sores all over his arms and would occasionally pass out from blood pressure problems. He would line up 3 Chipotle burritos on his desk every morning and eat them between his normal cafeteria supplied breakfast and lunch. I refused to touch anything near his desk as I assumed he was just a breeding ground for antibiotic resistant MRSA.

He recently got laid off. I assume this will hasten his demise but I hope it causes him to snap out of his rut and take care of himself.
It's amazing to me how much it parallels severe drug addiction.

My department used to do a weekly lunch at the mexican place. We would all watch him conveyor belt chips into his face with a sort of rapt horror. One hand grabbing chips while the other hand stuffs them down the gullet. Nobody else ever ate the chips. We just watched. Luckily we were able to cancel this using the Rona as an excuse.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Rode for the first time since May, I think. Legs felt very strong but pedal endurance was of course lacking. Cardio wasn't bad either. Been a little concerned about not losing any more fitness acquired from thru hike training. Not sure if hiking with a full pack once a week has maintained fitness or just really slowed down atrophy. Hopefully I can manage one hike and one ride per week during le' pandemic.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A small storm blew though and I can see the horizon and blue sky for the first time in a couple of weeks! Temporary reprieve from the wild fire smoke.