Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The younger dog was whining to go out at 4:00 this morning, so I took her out and then she just sat on the ground and did nothing. JHFC. So we went back to bed, then the old dog starting to whine at 5:00 for breakfast and poop. So at that point it was "fuck it, we're up" so I took care of them then went to the high school track and ran an hour. Had a good run too. Surprisingly I am wide awake and not tired. I guess 19 hours of sleep the prior two nights is holding me over.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
was out cold at 8pm last night, woke right up at 0315 this morning. good cup of steaming hot black crack juice got me all nice and reved up for my morning transports. Now its food and more espresso before heading out to pick up my next 6 transports.

I did pull out my bow and shot off 30 arrows at my targets yesterday evening, twas fun

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
back aches. was hoping to take advantage of my first day off in 15 days... but it's supposed to freezing rain later today. :butcher: still, once the pain meds kick in, I'm going to go try on some helmets to replace the one that cracked in my crash.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Taking a drive 2 hour north for a co2 analyzer that needs calibration. Oh joy! Love me some end of the month action.

Pulled the Vietnamese squirrel coffee out of the freezer. The bag had unsealed and was spilling. Now I am drinking it! Delicious and makes me wired.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up at 530. Nope, too early. Up at 6. Nope, too early. Up at 6:30. Fuck it, I give up. Car was frozen over this morning when I took the girls to school. Should be slow for work. Continuing process of manually updating Quicken. Down to 4 or 5 accounts, but they are the core accounts, so the real work starts now.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Well, my morning was just made.

Got into a long email spat with the head of the machine shop about some of my designs and material selections, and why they were wrong. Proved why the designs had to be what they were, then when he insisted on a material change to meet the tolerances I needed, I sent him a picture of said drawings with that material listed that I sent earlier in the year, and that I allowed them to change it to the current material per their request. Ended with him eventually apologizing, agreeing the design is what is has to be, and would recommend changing the material back to what I had initially.

Best part is, earlier in the exchange, he gave me shit about declining to attend his DFM course in the next couple months because I'm too busy. ROLF.

Me walking around the machine shop this morning:

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Pulled the Vietnamese squirrel coffee out of the freezer. The bag had unsealed and was spilling. Now I am drinking it! Delicious and makes me wired.
Is that the coffee where the beans are eaten then pooped by said rodent, then coffee is made from the poop beans? I hear that stuff is expensive as hell, though I am not sure what impact the exchange rate would have on that. I would gladly try the fecal coffee.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Is that the coffee where the beans are eaten then pooped by said rodent, then coffee is made from the poop beans? I hear that stuff is expensive as hell, though I am not sure what impact the exchange rate would have on that. I would gladly try the fecal coffee.
Yup, get after it. I bought mine at an outdoor market tourist place so I probably paid a lot.

I paid like 7.50 for a coconut with a straw on the streets of Saigon. It wasn't even fresh and probably had been filled. By the time we got to Cambodia it was 1.00 and they were hacking the coconuts open with a machete and sticking straws in them.

The taxi drivers would drive around in circles for as long as they could get away with. Once I learned the streets there was some awkward moments with drivers who were trying to keep the scam alive.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
bands....stickers should always be a buck

20220330_053640.jpg

snug harbor is the best spot in charlotte...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Fun fact, it is illegal for anyone to work on plumbing in the great state of MA except for a licensed plumber. There isn't even the exception of having a DIY job inspected post-completion by a building inspector.

Good stuff.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:wave:

Fun fact, it is illegal for anyone to work on plumbing in the great state of MA except for a licensed plumber. There isn't even the exception of having a DIY job inspected post-completion by a building inspector.

Good stuff.
Well then... How the hell are you going to move forward beyond saying 'fuck it'?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well then... How the hell are you going to move forward beyond saying 'fuck it'?
:pirate:

Hypothetically speaking, nothing getting hypothetically done to my house is crazy. You don't have to be that skilled to solder & pressure test new fittings, or glue on a new toilet flange. This is all hypothetical of course, I would never dream of running afoul of the law.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:pirate:

Hypothetically speaking, nothing getting hypothetically done to my house is crazy. You don't have to be that skilled to solder & pressure test new fittings, or glue on a new toilet flange. This is all hypothetical of course, I would never dream of running afoul of the law.
Previous owner must have done it