Quantcast

***Wednesderp GMT***

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Last night, I delivered my Turner RFX to its new owner. It should have felt sad, but I went full-on putting the best components of what I had on the frame for her, and the bike looked and rode fantastically. Literally got the warm fuzzies knowing she's going to be using it to ride her best rides and that it won't be sitting in storage somewhere with me taking up space. I'll get some on-trail pics when the murder spree here dies down (GET IT?) and we can ride again.

(Actually the spree is over, but the parks are gonna stay closed for a bit, booooo...luckily going to hike with the fam for the next week, first a live volcano in Guatemala and then the highest point in Salvador. At least I'm not missing any good rides while I'm away now?)

@jackalope, that Fox Vanilla went with the Turner, FYI. It shall ride on.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:wave:

Fun fact, it is illegal for anyone to work on plumbing in the great state of MA except for a licensed plumber. There isn't even the exception of having a DIY job inspected post-completion by a building inspector.

Good stuff.
And you know why that is?

*I* know why that is...
Is the answer Freedumb?

I'd like to know if electrical work or gas work has the same restriction. Given that those are the actual dangerous utlities.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Found the air spring for Haley's bike. Only a warranty part from SRAM. Shop had to call SRAM sales, who called SRAM service to get the part. $95 later... It's inbound. Fucking child and her bike. But the geometry will be right again. When it's time to sell this bike, I think I might be able to make a profit, given how many hard to get and high demand parts are attached to it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Found the air spring for Haley's bike. Only a warranty part from SRAM. Shop had to call SRAM sales, who called SRAM service to get the part. $95 later... It's inbound. Fucking child and her bike. But the geometry will be right again. When it's time to sell this bike, I think I might be able to make a profit, given how many hard to get and high demand parts are attached to it.
bUt GyMnAsTiCs

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
you know how most laws like this exist because someone fucked something up bad enough they needed a law to stop it from happening again? this one is a story i'd like to hear.
Water heater bomb is my guess. Or someone majorly fucked up fresh/waste lines. Or someone blew up their house with faulty gas plumbing.

Shit, there are enough ors that the law, at least on the surface, isn't that outlandish.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
you know how most laws like this exist because someone fucked something up bad enough they needed a law to stop it from happening again? this one is a story i'd like to hear.
Plumbing is all hidden behind walls, so prospective home buyers never really know if the work is sound or sketch-tacular. It's not like electrical that'll kill you, but a poorly fixed slab leak can be a massive problem 10 years on. Same law is probably on the books in all 50 States, and enforced just about never.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Water heater bomb is my guess. Or someone majorly fucked up fresh/waste lines. Or someone blew up their house with faulty gas plumbing.

Shit, there are enough ors that the law, at least on the surface, isn't that outlandish.
I would bet that the insurance carriers lobbied for that law, and probably are in most states. Subrogation and settlement is a lot easier when you have a clear party to point the finger at. Ie: licensed plumber. The number of home claims dealing with water from internal plumbing is very high and the repairs are equally high.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is that the coffee where the beans are eaten then pooped by said rodent, then coffee is made from the poop beans? I hear that stuff is expensive as hell, though I am not sure what impact the exchange rate would have on that. I would gladly try the fecal coffee.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Solar company I was hemming and hawing with just shifted their proposal to drop their loan rate by 1.5% to sub-inflation level. Even with their new term it (interest)costs me 50% less. WOW! They want this deal done.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Solar company I was hemming and hawing with just shifted their proposal to drop their loan rate by 1.5% to sub-inflation level. Even with their new term it (interest)costs me 50% less. WOW! They want this deal done.
Who/where didja start the quote process with?

Still on our to-do list.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Wait, what? Warsaw?

The lunch hour is rapidly approaching. If you want to meet a random guy from the internet.
Oh, shit! I didn't realize you were near Warsaw. Maybe lunch tomorrow?

Today was an absolute cluster and I knew it going in. Things appeared to be sorted when I left the customer site today.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Oh, shit! I didn't realize you were near Warsaw. Maybe lunch tomorrow?

Today was an absolute cluster and I knew it going in. Things appeared to be sorted when I left the customer site today.
Hell ya, I’ll show you the best shit hole Warsaw has to offer :rofl:
In town for orthopedic things? That’s about the only reason anyone comes here. We do actually have a mtb trail in town too.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Who/where didja start the quote process with?

Still on our to-do list.
Sunrun. Tesla ended up being slightly cheaper, but less flexibility regarding known forward build out. They would only build to 100% usage, so no sell back built-in. Sunrun is building at 120%, so allowing for sell back and if be add an electric vehicle in the future - we will - we have capacity already.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I mean... if you only work until Wednesday... then yes, it is Friday.

:D
Unfortunately, I haven't had a day off in a few weeks and it's not likely to happen until Easter? Damn kids and their gymnastics and extra curriculars and I'm also music directing The Addams Family Musical so I pretty much am at school 6-7 days a week and at gymnastics when I am not there.