Quantcast

weds gfmt

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
fuckity fuck fuck fuck!
That does sound a little fucked up.

5:05 AM when I woke up this morning, I am getting back to a normal sleep pattern and can lay on my side again which is also awesome.

Also awesome is 65 stables coming out of my leg this Friday.

More awesome... after the usual toilet business I am going back to bed and may sleep until 7 or 8.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Survived the snowmageddon here in the ROC yesterday. According to the news stations our total was around 17" of snow in less than 24hrs. Shoveled a bit and used the snowblower 3 times yesterday to keep our driveway manageable. I am le tired.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Also awesome is 65 stables coming out of my leg this Friday.

Such an odd place for stables. I won't even ask where you put barns.

Was told I would have a response to my job offer counter offer early this week. According to my calendar we have entered the middle of the week. I suspect I might hear something by the end of the week, but not holding my breath.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Snow's mostly gone but not completely, and there is still a lot of ice where snow was packed by traffic. Not sure what will be rideable soon.

Also, I am with the OP.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Such an odd place for stables. I won't even ask where you put barns.

Was told I would have a response to my job offer counter offer early this week. According to my calendar we have entered the middle of the week. I suspect I might hear something by the end of the week, but not holding my breath.
Leave them a series of quivering-voiced messages demanding an update. Be a go getter!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Update from Florida. No snow but some seagulls that were white kind of like snow. After some days in old people paradise. Tomorrow the road trip starts up again going to Miami => Savannah => Knoxville => Charlottesville => Brooklyn.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends! According to my Strava feed, there was black ice everywhere this morning. I am glad I trusted my instincts and hit the treadmill for my run. Hard effort. 9 miles at 7:11 pace. :dead: Now I am tired and I ache.

Haircut tonight. Oh boy!!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Survived the snowmageddon here in the ROC yesterday. According to the news stations our total was around 17" of snow in less than 24hrs. Shoveled a bit and used the snowblower 3 times yesterday to keep our driveway manageable. I am le tired.
What's the ROC?

I barely survived our snowmageddon (twas' a record for here: over 20" in 24hours). Wish I could go skiing before the rains come this weekend, but work is crazy. I will see what I can get done today and tomorrow.... maybe I can get out on Friday....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Another inch of snow here and another 2nd gear crawl to work; all thanks to an 18 wheeler that decided to face the wrong direction on the freeway. Oh yeah, that truck was in the north bound lanes and I was stuck on the side going south. Freakin' rubber neckers...

And I forgot that I have a meeting at another building in 30 minutes, which I actually want to participate in. Back to the roads I go.

Some sun and a bike ride would be splendid right about now.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I speak with the hiring manager regularly, he is a good dude. Things are in the hands of HR, and like most companies HR is totally incompetent.
I have had mixed HR experiences.

You should let them know you've had enough of their "bullcrap".

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got a raise and the boss put me on a new flight path for my career. Three options locally, one based out of CA again. Managing a sales team, becoming a Denver-based field rep, or an SF-based field rep. The later two based on timing of my CFP, so 1.5 years give or take.

edited:Because dumb.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
if you are deleting texts so the wife won't see....why are you posting on the internet?

the internet is forever.
Sounds like the wife may not be the wife much longer. Besides, if she did see the texts it would be a good segway into the conversation.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Uh oh... sounds expensive in every possible way. Bong shed Jesus says when you marry you marry for life. Another option is baby daddy but that goes away once you get married.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

8 mile run this morning. Emptied the fridge of left overs by just mixing everything in a frying pan with some eggs. Wondering a little bit about how old the peppers and onions were, stomach is already a little rumbly. Child's birthday party is friday, need to do some household prep.

over 20" in 24hours........before the rains come this weekend,
If you got that much snow and are expecting rain later, what you need to be doing is building an Ark.. :panic:

Maps for Crested Butte came in the mail yesterday. Let the planning begin! I last rode there in 2002!
You wont like it, it sucks.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
If you got that much snow and are expecting rain later, what you need to be doing is building an Ark.. :panic:
or reinforcing our roofs... the amount of snow on my roof is impressive. if it soaks up all that rain... I'm worried. oh well, that's what insurance is for! :D

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Have you hit your head recently?

edit: Not to be uncouth, but get your shit together son.
:stupid:

I am proud to report that my beard is reaching new heights of beardliness. Coincident with this manliness is that I ordered hopefully the proper dual shutoff valve from Home Depot. Online only product. I think I know where the water shutoff for the house is. The problem is that I'm not entirely sure that the current shutoff is affixed via a compression interface.

Plumbing >> me.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:stupid:

I am proud to report that my bear is reaching new heights of beardliness. Coincident with this manliness is that I ordered hopefully the proper dual shutoff valve from Home Depot. Online only product. I think I know where the water shutoff for the house is. The problem is that I'm not entirely sure that the current shutoff is affixed via a compression interface.

Plumbing >> me.
Post pictures

And you shouldn't keep a wild animal like a bear in captivity, no matter how nice its beard is.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Post pictures

And you shouldn't keep a wild animal like a bear in captivity, no matter how nice its beard is.
Word fixed.

Here's the current cold water shutoff valve:

Almost certain that's 3/8" compression on the top. Funny hose to faucet has the nut attached to the hose itself. Inlet looks like 1/2" copper and that there appears to be a nut implies compression, no?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Word fixed.

Almost certain that's 3/8" compression on the top. Funny hose to faucet has the nut attached to the hose itself. Inlet looks like 1/2" copper and that there appears to be a nut implies compression, no?
I think a borrowed aortic cross clamp is all that is needed for the win!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
out on in a business trip until friday.

went to bed at 1:30am after playing GTA5 for 3 hours on a laptop screen..... woke up at 6 and snoozed until 7:30am.
regret not bringing an HDMI cable wth me. the tv in the hotel room is nice.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Word fixed.

Yeah, most likely compression fitting of some sort. Hose fitting isn't really a compression, not sure what the proper term it but it is a taper style fitting. One side has a tapered male fitting, valve a female fitting, the nut holds it together. An axial compression vs radial compression if you want to get technical.