Quantcast

weds gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
found red wing store to get boots stretched for memorial service friday...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, most likely compression fitting of some sort. Hose fitting isn't really a compression, not sure what the proper term it but it is a taper style fitting. One side has a tapered male fitting, valve a female fitting, the nut holds it together. An axial compression vs radial compression if you want to get technical.
The similar looking hose in a nearby bathroom says 3/8" compression to 1/2" FIP, which in turn is a lazy way of saying female NPT, I think. Therefore at least in the hose-maker's lingo it's "compression." :D

Update from Florida. No snow but some seagulls that were white kind of like snow. After some days in old people paradise. Tomorrow the road trip starts up again going to Miami => Savannah => Knoxville => Charlottesville => Brooklyn.

Savannah is nice.

The similar looking hose in a nearby bathroom says 3/8" compression to 1/2" FIP, which in turn is a lazy way of saying female NPT, I think. Therefore at least in the hose-maker's lingo it's "compression." :D
"Sometimes NPT threads are referred to as MPT ('Male Pipe Thread'), MNPT, or NPT(M) for male (external) threads; and FPT ('Female Pipe Thread'), FNPT, or NPT(F) for female (internal) threads. An equivalent designation is MIP (Male iron pipe) and FIP (Female iron pipe)." from the intarwebz...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The bong shed has a flat roof with a scupper drain. The pipe for the drain goes through the roof and turns to the outside of the building through the bong shed and then it turns outside and goes into the storm sewer. It is made from cast iron. It has frozen solid. I recently put insulation and vapor barrier in the bong shed. So instead of the ice and snow melting it is just staying up there. 6 to 8 inches of Ice and now about 20 inches of snow with nowhere to go. My brother says it is seriously loaded and I shouldn't even attempt to go on the roof for snow removal. Its to late. This sucks...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The bong shed has a flat roof with a scupper drain. The pipe for the drain goes through the roof and turns to the outside of the building through the bong shed and then it turns outside and goes into the storm sewer. It is made from cast iron. It has frozen solid. I recently put insulation and vapor barrier in the bong shed. So instead of the ice and snow melting it is just staying up there. 6 to 8 inches of Ice and now about 20 inches of snow with nowhere to go. My brother says it is seriously loaded and I shouldn't even attempt to go on the roof for snow removal. Its to late. This sucks...
RIP bong shed

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I'm more of a smack expert but know a little about bongs, wouldn't utilizing the bong shed to maximum capacity release heat thus melting the drain pipe and allowing snow on the roof to melt and drain away at an appropriately mellow rate?
Shortcut: set bong shed on fire, the pipe should thaw then.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Started raining after work, wind is blowing at 30+ Decided it was better to work out inside, Dogs are bummed at no long walk though. Did 30 minutes of Hill work on the elliptical ( has a ramp angle that adjusts as you work out) 3 minutes of up three min of flat at a time. Then I hit the weights for another 30 minutes. Got a good burn going

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I would like to avoid prison. Have you ever heard of a Arson Attorney? Neither have I.
You own the shed don't you? I don't see why you couldn't burn it to the ground if that was your will. Provided you don't proceed to take the rest of the neighborhood down with it of course.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I would like to avoid prison. Have you ever heard of a Arson Attorney? Neither have I.
I'll ask my brother, this is kind of his field of expertise.

You own the shed don't you? I don't see why you couldn't burn it to the ground if that was your will. Provided you don't proceed to take the rest of the neighborhood down with it of course.
Local FD may frown upon this. Also do not file an insurance claim.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I'll ask my brother, this is kind of his field of expertise.

Local FD may frown upon this. Also do not file an insurance claim.
Insurance... Never thought of that. One day without the Bong shed has illustrated to my neighbors why emergency repairs are necessary.
We may be in luck. The snow pile has turned into a Glacier and is coming off the back overriding the gutter...
Bong2.jpg