Quantcast

weds gfmt

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nothing....

story on the news this morning about school being open in the charlotte area for about 40-45 days and there already being about 130 accidents involving school buses...

i don't see my nephews ever riding the bus...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. I hope I finally fixed clogged drains in wife's VW, got tired of scraping ice off windshield inside the car. Low expectations for today with the exception of some good beers tonight.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
nothing....

story on the news this morning about school being open in the charlotte area for about 40-45 days and there already being about 130 accidents involving school buses...

i don't see my nephews ever riding the bus...
source? seems highly implausible. or maybe they're using Trumpian accounting techniques? either way, you'd think the bus would be the safe transportation method here. There was a story in the news here a few days ago about an accident between a sedan and a school bus on a rural road. driver of sedan did not survive, but no one was injured on the bus....

in local news, it's 46° out now, heading to a high of 59°. This is November? It's ride night, so I'll take it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Very satisfying ride last night. Gave it a bit more effort that usual on the downs in the name of pretending I'm fast. Good way to cap off a most frustrating day of work.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
in local news, it's 46° out now, heading to a high of 59°. This is November? It's ride night, so I'll take it.

Yeppppppp, the roller toaster said it was 14 degrees already on the way into work.

Ride night it certainly is. Bike is still in pieces....:disgust:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Crappy night, woke up twice to major painfull back spasms. Finally dug out a thermacare heat wrap for my back and that seems to have soothed the angry beast. Its been on there since 2 this morning and still pumping out the heat.:dance:

I hope that the spasms don't hit again. I really don't want to scare the crap out of the challenged adults on the bus by screaming like I am being stabbed in the back like I did on my drive home last night.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I see instead of the traditional "Movember" thing that usually goes around with the mustaches and all, Ridemonkey will be participating in the "No Fuckin' Wingdings November." I can't say I'm really on board with this.

You can do better than this, steve w.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning, sitting in the truck in the middle of absolute no where looking up at the stars waiting for a little light before I start hiking in. Already seeing deer near by, hopefully elk will be close too. I would start hiking now but bears are much bigger than I am and I am in grizzly country. Wish me luck

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i drive my kids into school in the AM; they ride the bus home (when they're not busy being suspended from it-i'm lookin at you, 6yo!). i have no worries for their safety. i have no doubt about those numbers. the school system is huge and there are a lot of idiot drivers here...

now, back to my regularly scheduled coffee

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Mornin!

Very satisfying ride last night. Gave it a bit more effort that usual on the downs in the name of pretending I'm fast. Good way to cap off a most frustrating day of work.
It has been brought! I'm going to have to change today's ride plan to do the long WR loop myself given this new information. :D

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
No job in Denmark yet. I did have a good trip there last week and met with tons of people. Found the perfect house I would have loved to buy but its sold already. I am so fed up with apartment living. All of this is taking up a lot of time and mental energy so I have not been doing much riding besides to and from work.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I feel like shit. Heads all clogged up, sore throat, etc. Run scratched, dogs not yet walked. I'd had a goal of running a half marathon on thanksgiving morning, pretty sure that's not happening and I'm pretty disappointed. Guess I'll push it to christmas? I somehow need to find the will to drag myself out of the house and run to denver this morning as well. Or I may just take a nap.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Morning, sitting in the truck in the middle of absolute no where looking up at the stars waiting for a little light before I start hiking in. Already seeing deer near by, hopefully elk will be close too. I would start hiking now but bears are much bigger than I am and I am in grizzly country. Wish me luck
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/news/local/2016/11/01/bears-counted-grizzly-bear-gathering-front/93125696

13 bears counted in grizzly gathering on Front (Dupuyer MT)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Riding the bus almost all month, should be interesting. I got hassled for leaving the office before 4 even though I show up before 7. How does one get on the 9:30-4:30 schedule? Seems a lot of folks in the office work that schedule. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I see instead of the traditional "Movember" thing that usually goes around with the mustaches and all, Ridemonkey will be participating in the "No Fuckin' Wingdings November." I can't say I'm really on board with this.

You can do better than this, steve w.
no wing dings on the GMT = kill list

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
left work early yesterday b/c feeling crappy. napped for ~2 hours. was awoken by wife / kid when they got home. tended to them, was in bed by 9. slept the better part of 9 hours and feeling mostly back to normal.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's kinda crazy to think that after 6 years, my ex STILL estalks me on facebook (and likely RM). Been divorced 6 years, still seems to care enough to look. :rofl:

I guess it is only kinda crazy if you don't know my ex. :crazy:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Pulled stairs to beach at camp, an exercise involving a winch, chain, levers, and some swearing.

Covered roof vents, almost broke my fucking leg when ladder involved decided to shift...

Took trash and recycling to disposal site.

Realized I was sweating my balls off, got into biker boi shorts and whatnot, rode and visited the bongshed with @Bunnista, now on nth beer while waiting for coals to be ready to cook filet mignon in the hibachi.

Life's at least OK.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got the bicycle back together just in time for tonights ride. Our group was 3 strong today, great turn out. Actually, make that 4.; one of us locked our keys in the car...so mid ride we called another buddy, who grabbed the spare set from his house and then came out for beer and wings.

Pretty easy going ride tonight. Same guy who locked his keys in his car also got his balls snipped a week and a half ago and this was his first ride back. :clapping:

I need to get rid of this craptacular shock on the bike.