Quantcast

weds gfmt....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
listening to george noury....kennedys/bushes/aliens discussion....plausible....

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Trying to learn to master the wood-burning oven. Still a little smokier in the room than I like.
with that type of insert in the fireplace there really should not be any smoke in the room. It sounds like a draw issue in the chimney. You did have the flue pipe and spark arrestor at the top cleaned out when the install was done didn't you?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Last day of the week transporting the Challenged adults. Praise the FSM. Thursday and Friday will be Dialysis and Seniors only, that I can easlily deal with. Working the crack o dawn early shift on Turkey day so I will miss out of going to the wifes family dinner and I will be forced to go Mt Biking Instead:banana::banana:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
with that type of insert in the fireplace there really should not be any smoke in the room. It sounds like a draw issue in the chimney. You did have the flue pipe and spark arrestor at the top cleaned out when the install was done didn't you?
There is no smoke in the room just the smell of smoke. The whole chimney was inspected this summer and the chimney sweeper will be by the house Monday to inspect the installation which is required by law.

It looks like there is a good draw from the chimney and I only have to have the door slightly open for a short while before I can close it completely and it only pulls in air from the vent.

This is the installation

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Busy day at work today. Gotta get a bunch of stuff wrapped up so I can have a 4 day weekend. I do get to ride tomorrow morning before I start consuming IPA and eating turkey. It is good to make room for all the pie I want to eat.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a mild-mannered day out there...the highway was surprisingly mellow. Paint drama continues with our Pinkberry signs in San Diego. Turns out, someone french-fried when they clearly should have pizza'ed.

Crickets here in the office...lots of folks out today. Productivity prospect seems low. Maybe I'll spend the rest of the day in my underwear and see if anyone notices.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Wore sweatpants to work today. Cause IDGAF. Gonna stop by the bike shop and get my headset pressed in at lunch. Just need to find a bar and stem now and it'll be ready to build.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Some 20 odd years ago I introduced my college roommate to a girl I went to high school with. They shortly both became my roommates, and the inevitable child soon followed. In October said child moved from Portland to Denver, and I can hear her and the wife yucking it up down in the kitchen because she is staying with us for the Thanksgiving holiday. It's an oddly emotional thing for me. Watching my two friends have a child at such a young age, and a second girl just two years later, I think really helped shape the way I view the world. 1:. Birth control=serious business. 2. Your financial future also=serious business. 3. Kids are pretty rad, mostly, sometimes. 4. Religious folks are some of the worst folks. 5. If we hadn't gotten all panicky and drugged up after I got hit, I would have adopted a kid vs having one. I suppose we still might, it comes up from time to time, but it is possible to care about a kid who is not yours just as incredibly deeply.

I don't know what any of what I just typed means, and I know it's kind of rambly, but I'm thankful she's here with us, this weekend.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Some 20 odd years ago I introduced my college roommate to a girl I went to high school with. They shortly both became my roommates, and the inevitable child soon followed. In October said child moved from Portland to Denver, and I can hear her and the wife yucking it up down in the kitchen because she is staying with us for the Thanksgiving holiday. It's an oddly emotional thing for me. Watching my two friends have a child at such a young age, and a second girl just two years later, I think really helped shape the way I view the world. 1:. Birth control=serious business. 2. Your financial future also=serious business. 3. Kids are pretty rad, mostly, sometimes. 4. Religious folks are some of the worst folks. 5. If we hadn't gotten all panicky and drugged up after I got hit, I would have adopted a kid vs having one. I suppose we still might, it comes up from time to time, but it is possible to care about a kid who is not yours just as incredibly deeply.

I don't know what any of what I just typed means, and I know it's kind of rambly, but I'm thankful she's here with us, this weekend.
interesting

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Apparently today is meeting day. Good thing, because I am balls tired and don't feel like making my brain sweat.

Bike and crap is loaded in the car and ready for tonights group ride. Its snowing, so we'll see if I once again ride the normal trail bike instead of the new phattymcphat bike.

I wonder if anyone will notice if I slip out of the webex and go grab a coffee. Rookie mistake right there, joining a meeting without a beverage.

Rain has cancelled plans to skip work and ride :stosh:
:thumbsdown:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There is no smoke in the room just the smell of smoke. The whole chimney was inspected this summer and the chimney sweeper will be by the house Monday to inspect the installation which is required by law.

It looks like there is a good draw from the chimney and I only have to have the door slightly open for a short while before I can close it completely and it only pulls in air from the vent.

This is the installation

did they sleeve the chimney or leave it as is?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

...but it is possible to care about a kid who is not yours just as incredibly deeply.
Take a look at my kid (who technically isn't my kid, he was just turning 13 when we met). At 31 and now a father himself, not only do I love him as much as my own birth children, but maybe more so. Not to mention my love for Lil Man. His real dad has never been in the picture and when his mom and I parted ways, his choice to stay connected to me has made his mother insane. But he said to her "he is the only dad I have".

So yes, you raise them, you connect with them, there is no difference other than maybe more so because it is by choice. And the wifey didn't have her own kids, but she loves and adores mine to no end.

<edit> When the wife commented on his attentive yet relaxed parenting style, he said "I learned it from watching dad with MadDog" (he was 14 when she was born).

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Came into the office and should not have. There is almost nobody here and I would much rather be most anywhere else myself. Lusting after bikes while I look like I am being productive.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
After flogging my truck down the Baja peninsula and back chasing after the race car, I have a growing list of enhancements I want to make. But first, riding some bikes and having Thanksgiving in Moab is in order. And maybe a shower.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
did they sleeve the chimney or leave it as is?
They only sleeved it half way up as there is a bend. If necessary we will sleeve it all the way up when getting the new roof in January as we will have scaffolding up then for easy access. I will also have the chimney sweeper look at this Monday I guess sleeving it will always be better but there is plenty of airflow once the fire gets started and it has no problem burning.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Roommate has not paid their half of rent. 5 day eviction notice. Kill list.
Over 1000 behind.
I had a friend just disappear once when rent was due. Left almost all of his stuff and ghosted. I was genuinely concerned something had happened to him, until I finally got a hold of him. Said he'd "moved out". Fucking dick bag. We quit talking after that.
interesting
Don't patronize me. :shakefist:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They only sleeved it half way up as there is a bend. If necessary we will sleeve it all the way up when getting the new roof in January as we will have scaffolding up then for easy access. I will also have the chimney sweeper look at this Monday I guess sleeving it will always be better but there is plenty of airflow once the fire gets started and it has no problem burning.
when we had ours done we had to get the whole thing sleeved because the masonry wasn't up to code.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So here's the thing... you have a wood-burner. You will always have some smoky smell around. Don't sweat it - you'll get used to it. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I had a friend just disappear once when rent was due. Left almost all of his stuff and ghosted. I was genuinely concerned something had happened to him, until I finally got a hold of him. Said he'd "moved out". Fucking dick bag. We quit talking after that.
yea but you had his stuff.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I appreciated 'squeeb's disjoint thoughts.

I am at work today. I will also be at work Friday and Saturday (7A-5P regular call shifts). And Sunday night (voluntary shift for extra pay). At least this will get my "holiday worked" checkbox checked for the year so no more, in theory.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
After flogging my truck down the Baja peninsula and back chasing after the race car, I have a growing list of enhancements I want to make. But first, riding some bikes and having Thanksgiving in Moab is in order. And maybe a shower.
Did I miss the race write-up? How did it go?