Quantcast

weds gfmt

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

One of the board members of a trail club around here posted on Strava last night, complaining about a blocked "inside line". Guy bull dozed through it and obviously broke a derailleur or something.

I called him out on it being a strava line... did say sorry about the drive train though.

But yeah...why would a board member of a trail club seem to inadvertently promote trail braiding or cutting corners. :brow:

Have so much to do today, in prep for going to Bromont tomorrow morning. Still riding tonight with the guys of course.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i had my hands swabbed at tsa pre check...evidently i triggered something....i don't feel like a terrorist...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning and all that shit. 2700 yard swim done before work (100 yards hard, 100 yards easy, repeat). Packed pool this morning....it's weird how it's like that some days, and other days all but two lanes stay empty the whole time I am there. Either way, I never have to share a lane with anyone, which is part of the reason I like swimming at the expensive pool at the private high school. I swam at the YMCA for about two months and that place was a fuckin circus every morning.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
debating how "sandwich" i want to get with this bike build. Destroyed tiagra with a gucci OSPW aliexpress cage? Or just a normal derailleur.....hmmm

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

One of the board members of a trail club around here posted on Strava last night, complaining about a blocked "inside line". Guy bull dozed through it and obviously broke a derailleur or something.

I called him out on it being a strava line... did say sorry about the drive train though.

But yeah...why would a board member of a trail club seem to inadvertently promote trail braiding or cutting corners. :brow:

Have so much to do today, in prep for going to Bromont tomorrow morning. Still riding tonight with the guys of course.
what a chode. fuck that guy.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
happy yom kippur, my chosen homies.
Bad form, I was told. Yom kippur is far from a happy holiday.

Back in the grind after coming home late last night. My 9AM meeting was a self inflicted wound. :panic:
Still lots of rain, looks like I am drinking fancy Brooklyn beers tonight instead.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.

Question for the IT people - does it take more power to restart and charge up a computer daily vs. leaving it on and charging? I've been making a point of putting my comp to sleep and turning off my docking station at the end of every day, however I find that it has died overnight and recharges through the day.

Am I better off keeping it separately plugged-in in sleep? Or just saying fuck it, turning it off, and restarting every morning?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Here.

Question for the IT people - does it take more power to restart and charge up a computer daily vs. leaving it on and charging? I've been making a point of putting my comp to sleep and turning off my docking station at the end of every day, however I find that it has died overnight and recharges through the day.

Am I better off keeping it separately plugged-in in sleep? Or just saying fuck it, turning it off, and restarting every morning?
Power usage is probably minimal vs the two.

Leaving your laptop plugged in and charged 100% of the time will be detrimental to the battery though.

Sounds like you need a new battery or your laptop isn't going to sleep fully.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Bad form, I was told. Yom kippur is far from a happy holiday.
So, Yom Kippur is a day of atonement. Wifey got mad at me last night because I didn’t want to go to services (I’m not Jewish). It’s a sombre-ish service.
When she got home, I suggested that in the spirit of the day, she should forgive me.
was not found to be amusing.
It’s also a fasting event, and we got Chinese take out. She did eat the pork fried rice anyway, though.

Here.

Turn it off. A daily reboot ain't a bad idea for any PC.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
fox rental...gates locked....glad i did not book a 6:00 am flight...
what's the resolution on the tires you bought?
Leaving your laptop plugged in and charged 100% of the time will be detrimental to the battery though.
Apple machines at least will learn your routine and defer charging so as to not be bouncing off 100% SOC constantly.

/me is reading ultrasounds from home today, watching over my still-coughing-a-lot Baby Aya

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
what's the resolution on the tires you bought?
they knocked 500.00 off my bill...

i was cool with that...

as far as computers and charging....my laptop rarely gets used....90 percent phone...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Chonky bear is chonky...
#NotFatBigBoned

1664986815310.png

1664986859954.png

That time of year (hyperphagia) + lower berry production = a lot more bear sightings in Gardiner / mountain towns...

I need to get a better garbage can for Idahoozle, though I don't put garbage outside, just empty cans which is also not prudent, derp.

Everyone living in grizzly bear / black bear habitat should be provided and required to use one of these bad Larry's or something similar:

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
they knocked 500.00 off my bill...

i was cool with that...

as far as computers and charging....my laptop rarely gets used....90 percent phone...
What is Fox like? Their prices are always way cheaper when I've looked before, but I've always been worried I'd turn up and they'd offer me a 1970's Yugo instead of what I'd supposedly reserved.