Quantcast

weds gfmt

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here.

Question for the IT people - does it take more power to restart and charge up a computer daily vs. leaving it on and charging? I've been making a point of putting my comp to sleep and turning off my docking station at the end of every day, however I find that it has died overnight and recharges through the day.

Am I better off keeping it separately plugged-in in sleep? Or just saying fuck it, turning it off, and restarting every morning?
Mine is supposed to go to sleep, but I don't power it down. But it also is rarely unplugged unless in transit to or from the office. I have a dock at home and the office, so my battery might get an hour if I attend a meeting in person (rare).

If you do a lot off battery power then turning it off would be preferred. But if you are like me and usually tethered, don't sweat it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So, as if I couldn’t hate my work neighborhood anymore, just discovered two small dents in the front bumper of my new car. Didn’t even make it two months. Just cannot have nice things downtown.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
26 newbie RV owners that belong to a paid touring group will be pulling into the RV park today. Always fun watching these chit shows when they come around.

FYI, these touring groups are paid memberships that run anywhere from 3k-6k a month for lining out RV spaces, dining, tours, and activities as a group per each stop.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
What is Fox like? Their prices are always way cheaper when I've looked before, but I've always been worried I'd turn up and they'd offer me a 1970's Yugo instead of what I'd supposedly reserved.
seems like they only have 1 shuttle bus running at DIA....

some airports charge more for rentals it seems....

they did give me a free upgrade to the 4runner...i had reserved a smaller suv...

research what states the rental companies cover for roadside assistance....montana does not make the cut for fox....

it was alright....

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
26 newbie RV owners that belong to a paid touring group will be pulling into the RV park today. Always fun watching these chit shows when they come around.

FYI, these touring groups are paid memberships that run anywhere from 3k-6k a month for lining out RV spaces, dining, tours, and activities as a group per each stop.
do they start their fires with a rack of 100's?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
DFW....just as i remember it from growing up...

our neighbor in texas was a air traffic controller here....his son was a junkie...

i knew what heroin was at the age of 4...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
do they start their fires with a rack of 100's?
It is pretty stupid what these folks spend their money on, typically they are running $400k and higher coaches with $60k and higher toads and have to pay someone to do all the planning and grunt work for them, they are all typically assholes and have zero RV ownership/driving experience. What they spend in a month is what I will nearly spend in a year for RV parks.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
It's worse dumber than I thought,

$8,495 for 30 days, not including fuel

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Spent a chunk of today putting together a to-do/task list in Excel. Keep on top of due items is always really hard for me (see ADHD), so I'm trying what I can do. Live color coding based on due dates, when work needs to be started, etc.

Working with the Jr guy on our team for what works best for our role, as we look at things differently, but the end result is the same. It allows us to find some aspects that will work better in general. Manager now wants a copy edited for his workflow, same with our marketing person. We're not even close to done and people want even the rough copies. I have a creeping feeling that this sheet will go into company wide distribution, like my last few sheets have...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Spent a chunk of today putting together a to-do/task list in Excel. Keep on top of due items is always really hard for me (see ADHD), so I'm trying what I can do. Live color coding based on due dates, when work needs to be started, etc.

Working with the Jr guy on our team for what works best for our role, as we look at things differently, but the end result is the same. It allows us to find some aspects that will work better in general. Manager now wants a copy edited for his workflow, same with our marketing person. We're not even close to done and people want even the rough copies. I have a creeping feeling that this sheet will go into company wide distribution, like my last few sheets have...
tell them you'll sell it to fund a go kart

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
tell them you'll sell it to fund a go kart
Work computer, work time. It's theirs. However I fully intend to password lock it so that all my underlying script, etc. is not accessible. If I leave and it needs to be changed, they're rebuilding it.

I will be sending myself a blank copy once I'm done with it though. I can use it for personal organization too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Work computer, work time. It's theirs. However I fully intend to password lock it so that all my underlying script, etc. is not accessible. If I leave and it needs to be changed, they're rebuilding it.

I will be sending myself a blank copy once I'm done with it though. I can use it for personal organization too.
ask for a raise

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

You should build in a sub routine, when it compounds the interest it uses all these extra decimal places that just get rounded off. So simplify the whole thing and round them all down, then drop the remainder into an account you open.

Boom, rich!

You should build in a sub routine, when it compounds the interest it uses all these extra decimal places that just get rounded off. So simplify the whole thing and round them all down, then drop the remainder into an account you open.

Boom, rich!
Way back when I was tasked to rewrite some software that produced paychecks for Digital Equipment Corporation. Absolutely no one reviewed the changes that I made.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
:no:

meetings, tours, registering to bid on things at auction tomorrow, pick up kids, take kid to math tutoring, emails, gym, made meatballs...trying to hold down friday for mtns ride. also trying to decide when to go see parents in maine later this month. hrmf.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I feel sorry for you.
I inherently have things to do in my job. I can't keep track of when things are due, what all of my things are, and even within that, prioritize, all in my head.

It's just another means to try and resolve my ADHD issues without drugs. But let me tell you, even this is still difficult to stay on.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I inherently have things to do in my job. I can't keep track of when things are due, what all of my things are, and even within that, prioritize, all in my head.

It's just another means to try and resolve my ADHD issues without drugs. But let me tell you, even this is still difficult to stay on.
If it works for you!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Almost dislocated my shoulder replacing the sink faucet. There are few advantages to having a quick disconnect arm.