david cross ticket secured....

2023....year of comedy....

louis ck...bert kreischer....stavros halikias .....david cross....chris rock

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
no rain today yay. it dumped yesterday. 2" of rain in the valleys and over 5" of rainfall in the local mountains. I drove up Niles canyon yesterday afternoon and the water in Alameda creek was just 4 feet below the roadway and filled the canyon width instead of its normal 15 feet below and ten feet wide. Suppose to start raining again tonight and continue through to Sunday. I can only imagine how much snow is falling in the Sierras.

Espresso and off I go hi ho hi ho

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'm enjoying the week off, without having to book any time off.

Speaking of which, I need to book my holidays for the summer. There are four of us going on a mini tour in Alberta and BC - should be a good trip. No real plans yet, but we'll ride at buddies home spot outside Calgary and then in the Golden and Revelstoke area.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Have batted around the idea that going for a ride will rapid-up covid recovery. Which is what would work when feeling squirrelly during covid v.1.0 Never have tested +, ever. Temps are 45° colder though, pneumonia would suck eggs I guess.
Anyone who got their shots do so while being infected? Am losing my patience with long cotton swabs up my nose.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Have batted around the idea that going for a ride will rapid-up covid recovery. Which is what would work when feeling squirrelly during covid v.1.0 Never have tested +, ever. Temps are 45° colder though, pneumonia would suck eggs I guess.
Anyone who got their shots do so while being infected? Am losing my patience with long cotton swabs up my nose.
I think trying to get on the bike too soon extended my COVID. I had a mild case but poor post workout recovery afterwards. Took me about 5 weeks to feel 100% again

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think you're supposed to wait 90 days post infection to get boosted. If let your body heal up with covid before pushing it with exercise again.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:wave:

Dr is already 10 min late for my damn telehealth call.
got to provide the authentic experience as if in office!
I think trying to get on the bike too soon extended my COVID. I had a mild case but poor post workout recovery afterwards. Took me about 5 weeks to feel 100% again
I'd suggest exercising, but at low intensity. Like 100-110 bpm intensity. Give those mitochondria a little kick into action.

/me is working in house today, 7-4, then moonlighting "2 hours" tonight. Did "6 hours" last night, the quotes because this time-worked way of logging things is 100% bullshit. Game the system I shall.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
I think you're supposed to wait 90 days post infection to get boosted. If let your body heal up with covid before pushing it with exercise again.
Already boned up on what's recommended when getting another booster, more curious about immediate side effects. Felt piss poor after the 1st vax, not so much getting a booster a year ago.

@Toshi - that's the fun I want to have. No hill repeats, sustained efforts. Just taking my inner-self for a spin :twitch: Should probably shower before anything though. Last one was Saturday.,

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
I'm enjoying the week off, without having to book any time off.

Speaking of which, I need to book my holidays for the summer. There are four of us going on a mini tour in Alberta and BC - should be a good trip. No real plans yet, but we'll ride at buddies home spot outside Calgary and then in the Golden and Revelstoke area.
I to may be doing a mini trip of Canada this year.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Nice!

Any particular area planned yet?

Norm, myself and two others are going to visit old man Mark from July 22nd to August 3rd.
If it works out y’all were on the list. My ultimate plan was to visit folks in St. George Utah, head over to Downieville, CA to visit some friends, then to Santa Cruz to see some friends, then up to BC and across Canada. Plan is still in its infancy.. when does riding season get decent for you in the spring?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I have a sinus infection, so I’ve got that going for me, which is nice.

I watched Caddy Shack again the other day. I did not realize that Bill Murray was the source of that quote. The scene in which he says it is even funnier if you keep in mind that he is 99% ad-libbing and the rest of the cast has no idea what he’s gonna say next…at least that is what amazon prime video notes tell me…

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If it works out y’all were on the list. My ultimate plan was to visit folks in St. George Utah, head over to Downieville, CA to visit some friends, then to Santa Cruz to see some friends, then up to BC and across Canada. Plan is still in its infancy.. when does riding season get decent for you in the spring?
That's a big trip, that'll be a hoot.

Where we are in Ontario the riding is usually good by end of April in majority of the areas that we hit frequently. Further north is hit and miss, depending on how wet it is.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
I watched Caddy Shack again the other day. I did not realize that Bill Murray was the source of that quote. The scene in which he says it is even funnier if you keep in mind that he is 99% ad-libbing and the rest of the cast has no idea what he’s gonna say next…at least that is what amazon prime video notes tell me…
I watched a show on the making of the movie several years ago. IIRC a large portion of the movie was ad-libbed.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Lookout Mtn x 52 repeats. You got this.

I honestly don’t remember how much elevation gain is to be had on lookout. isn’t it around 500’ from the pillars to the buffalo bull tourist trap? Going from downtown all the way to the top (up the dirt road on the other side of the highway) should be close 1000’, no?
Did 3 repeats today :p

4,787ft climbed today, would have been over 5k but I needed a piss so headed for home :p

4,377ft to go.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Home from our Christmas trip to the city. In summary: It was cold, good mexican @ dos caminos, Hotel Edison has a cool vibe and queen beds to go with their large for NYC rooms, Beetlejuice the musical was funny, but I still wish I had seen The Music Man and the Piano Lesson so I will need to return, the tree was just as pretty when I drove by it's living self at home, crowds suck and I still don't like shopping, but my kids do!

Time for us to pack up the car and head to grandmas for 2nd christmas.