Quantcast

weds gfmt

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man! My plan to stay in bed and skip my workout were thwarted by the two dogs insisting we get up at 5:00, so I got my 8 mile run done at the track. I am happy it's done and I have the asshole dogs to thank for it. I'll get a bike workout done tonight too.

The foster dog is very needy of attention. Definitely a "velcro dog." She has to be with people. So, putting her in the crate at night in a different room is not going well. Last night she whined and barked for an hour before falling asleep. It's not that she hates the crate, but she just hates being apart from us. When she is in the crate and can see us, she is fine. Other than that, she is a great dog. She's a great dane puppy, for those of you who don't check the dog pics thread.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Can't wait to finish setting up the floatwheel so I can get the hell out of the discord and groups. How the hell is there constant drama surrounding balance skateboards? I hate communities. Except RM because we don't waste time talking about bikes.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello!

Day 1 in the books at the new job. Day 2...coworker's family is ill so I have little to do. Will do some onboarding and watch GOT. Sat on hold with unemployment for 30 minutes to clear up some things, but they are cleared up. Maybe a spin later if time and guts allows.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Been on the road since 4 am which means I was up at 2:45. Good thing is that I will be home by 11:30 and the rain will have stopped. Drove by a van in San leandro sitting in the middle of the street. Window shot out. Dead guy behind the wheel. Many cops here now.. fun morning...not.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I have nipples greg, can you milk me?

yo yo, mah gangsters

county failed my plot plan, back to the drawing board :rimshot:

River house is empty, looks like I will be sleeping on the floor for a week while I get that place ready to sell.

in other news,

seriously debating a thousand dollar espresso machine

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
hello internet bike friends.
slept great, awesome workout this morning, now working :rolleyes:, learning about Cuba, having some food.

CO needs some serious snowfall. We're so dry this winter so far.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We had a company-wide meeting for our group (~300 people) yesterday. They told us before eoy that there was going to be a comp adjustment to mirror a higher paid group that we acquired last year. BUT! It isn't going into effect until 2025. Somebody I know who is very disgruntled, put out an easy question in the chat to get on the live line. Once on, they asked the management team (including CEO) why it's going to take another year for them to balance our comp when it's been known for over a year that there is a pay disparity AND they are telling us now it will be over another year? They deflected it to "that's a question for your manager" but he got in a "that's actually more of a question for you" before they cut him off. He's probably leaving soon anyways, but damn son.

On a fun note, managers canceled all meetings yesterday and they have been impossible to get a hold of since then...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh no, that's in March. The rumblings of issues started last month. It's about to go to plaid in the next few weeks.
the short version i can share is that new senior leadership came into our group early last year. had a round of layoffs in march, told us that was it for the year. maury povich told us that was a lie, and there was another round in october. those of us left were treated to a game of whack a mole and most of the org had their R&R shuffled without any consultation. projects were reassigned without any consideration of scope, skillset, location, etc. we found out that head count was reduced to match the budget, which was a significant cut. the rest of the business leadership has already caught wind of this and are pissed, and its going to get worse when they find out the full extent. communication from my group's SL is poor, few and far between, and roughly half the comms we've gotten were wrong or unclear. it would be laughable if it wasn't so depressing how many people's careers they've fucked in the process.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Second vote for Jura. We have the “low end” E4 with none of the milk attachment stuff. Good coffee - not “best I’ve ever had” level, but very good. Super easy to use and very clear maintenance guidelines / instructions.
We splurged a bit back when my wife was a coffee drinker. We had a KRUPS prior and it was good until it died. The jura is far better. I don't use any of the milk attachments, but it makes a mean cup of coffee or espresso, and time from "I need coffee" to "I have coffee" is about 3-5 minutes. I'm sure there are far better cups out there, but you've got to have a separate grinder, tamper, coffee maker/teapot to get it...then you have to clean it all. The superautomatics do it all for you. I use just what the jura requires- which is expensive and fancy filters and cleaning tabs, but it's been worth it IMO. I hope it will last for another 5.