Quantcast

weds gfmt

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Sheesh, I have to disconnect from this vpn in Europe. Most web pages are asking me to read some long ass wordy consent form. I'm guessing because of gdpr..

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
omg I'm le tired. :twitch:
let's see how long it takes to catch up from missing 5 work days.

so unseasonably warm here, snowpack is melting too quickly, but riding dirt unpossible.
skirt steak seasoned for tacos later. have a good 'un.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that's going to be some crap Sierra snow with that warmth eh

we're going to get between 10-36" in the mountains. I hope the passes don't have issues... again.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Sometimes I wonder if the estrangement of my family is a bad thing then I remember reconnecting with my favorite cousin from childhood and he's a bitter incel.
I think a bitter incel is still a better option than child boiling enthusiast wife to a murderer.

Then again my friends brother was a contrarian, edgeboy who bought a swastika to spite his parents so yeah. People wonder why I prefer having friends to having a family.
I'm a huge advocate of cutting out toxic family. I know "society" thinks its strange, but fuck that, life's too short for shitty people, even if they birthed you. My life improved considerably when I cut ties with my mom and her side of the family. No regrets.

that's at my house at 6k

here's slightly higher

View attachment 207042
LULZ

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
View attachment 207043

no shortage of fire lookouts to checkout....
just be sure to see the one on the sierra buttes just north of here

It's the fire lookout that shames fire lookouts.

Unless heights and exposure sketch you out. Then you definitely should not check out the one on the sierra buttes just north of here.

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Making and holding boundaries with toxic (and in my case) narcissist family members is one of the simple joys of life.

"What part of stay the fuck away from me do you not understand?" lol

Raining here, thinking about working on my taxes but I may go dig on some trails instead.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't think I forget where I came from, but then stuff comes up that surprises me. I guy I went from kindergarten through high school with has passed away. The last known pictures of him are rough, but I grew up in the ghetto with ghetto friends. I went to the Navy and my folks moved out of the ghetto, but a lot of the guys I grew up with didn't. It's weird for me to think about still doing ghetto shit at 50.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So many people just keep at life one day at time with no thought to the future...
Shit, I've never had much of a plan, either. But at a very young age (23) I had a powerful lawyer in San Diego trying to bleed me dry, so I needed to figure out how to make more money. So I've been in software for about 30 years... :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is why we dated for 5 years before tying the knot.
It was about 6 months with the first, I wasn't going to marry the second, but I knocked her up and she was a single mom the first time, so we did. Then we weren't going to get married and just live in sin, but the insurance is easier and there are tax advantages.

Unlike Joe who's on #5, I won't be doing it again, even if I'm a widower.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
just be sure to see the one on the sierra buttes just north of here

It's the fire lookout that shames fire lookouts.

Unless heights and exposure sketch you out. Then you definitely should not check out the one on the sierra buttes just north of here.
What he said and bring your Fly Rod. The Yuba between Sierra City and Downiville and up by the Gold Lakes Basin rocks

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What he said and bring your Fly Rod. The Yuba between Sierra City and Downiville and up by the Gold Lakes Basin rocks
I looked at a big plot of land that way a long time ago, then decided I didn't want to be BBQ'd in a wildfire.

/he says while sitting on top of a mountain in CO instead...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I looked at a big plot of land that way a long time ago, then decided I didn't want to be BBQ'd in a wildfire.

/he says while sitting on top of a mountain in CO instead...
That's why I sold my house on the summit ridge of the Santa Cruz Mts. Only one road out and I had already fought 4-5 wildfires in the area, one less that a mile from the house.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm a huge advocate of cutting out toxic family. I know "society" thinks its strange, but fuck that, life's too short for shitty people, even if they birthed you. My life improved considerably when I cut ties with my mom and her side of the family. No regrets.

LULZ
Society knows shit. The family is nice to me and I never had one bad experience with that side of the family but I know I have been lucky (since the family really did nothing to limit access the known pedophile had to the rest of us...).

In general I don't have any horrible experiences with my side of the family. Some basic bad parenting that will pop up when talking to shrinks but I'm well adjusted for someone with 2 authistic parents. It's just I don't feel a reason to treat my family as someone special when I have amazing and supportive friends I love and treat as my chosen family.

I'm not sure if you're interested in shit like this but there is a sci-fi book called "A Journey to a small and angry planet" and it has some great examples of societies with alternative social norms and some lizar people there basically have 3 different family units. Family that birthed you. Family that raised you (old and experienced members of society raise kids since they know how not to fuck them up) and your chosen family. That really sounds like a good solution to me. Since I know my family on my grandmas side is fucked up because their parents fucked up (my grandma had my mom at 16... my grandpas noble family disowned him for marrying someone poor... ffs)

@canadmos I can rent you a flat in Poland if you need a better landlord ;)

Last edited: