Quantcast

weds gfmt

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Was down in Denver for a few days visiting friends, hanging with my dad for his 80th birthday, and getting the failing turbo replaced on the van. While I was there, a friend asked if I could pick up the new bike he ordered and bring it back with me. Easy enough, pickup location was close to where I was staying. He stopped by this morning to pick it up from me, this is his transport situation:

IMG_0436.jpeg

This fucking guy, I tell ya.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Was down in Denver for a few days visiting friends, hanging with my dad for his 80th birthday, and getting the failing turbo replaced on the van. While I was there, a friend asked if I could pick up the new bike he ordered and bring it back with me. Easy enough, pickup location was close to where I was staying. He stopped by this morning to pick it up from me, this is his transport situation:

View attachment 218632

That looks like it could be... unstable and exciting?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are

View attachment 218632

Ooooh, purple. Nice.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
meh,

Rain, also gotta fuel the excavator, which means doing the Chinese fire drill with twelve 5-gallon diesel cans today. Got 4 massive trees to fall today, then I can continue moving fill dirt and cutting out pads, the sheeps foot roller should arrive tomorrow so I can start compacting fill layers. My dump truck driver is out for elk season this week, and next, so the amount of haul out sitting on the lots is atrocious. I am running out of room.
What are you doing with the stumps and small trees? Burn or is that what you are hauling out?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, two nights ago I had a little bit of a spooky 'encounter' on the descent to the Nelson parking lot in the dark. I heard, really, really loud noises, kinda like big rocks rolling down the hill. Spooky enough that I went as fast as I could to get out of there...
Upshot is that apparently there is a momma and baby griz hanging out right fucking there.
They are EVERYWHERE nowadays, the reintroduction has been very, very successful.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
So, two nights ago I had a little bit of a spooky 'encounter' on the descent to the Nelson parking lot in the dark. I heard, really, really loud noises, kinda like big rocks rolling down the hill. Spooky enough that I went as fast as I could to get out of there...
Upshot is that apparently there is a momma and baby griz hanging out right fucking there.
They are EVERYWHERE nowadays, the reintroduction has been very, very successful.
My only encounters with bears on a bike has been in Jackson, two days in a row.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@Toshi ....to your point about cars hybrids ev's and traffic and bikes while sitting in traffic in boston....

passed by a lot of cyclists pedestrians and a couple with a service dog..

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I was fly fishing in waist deep water off the swim beach at Coulter Bay when the rangers called out to me on the PA to crouch down and have my bear spray out as a momma Griz and cub were coming out of the woods near me. Watched them stroll down the shoreline heading north then back into the woods. scary as hell.