Quantcast

weds....the day after bernies end

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
You have no idea. My car brings out the asshole in everyone. I am generally not going the fastest and am in the right lane except to pass. But everyone has to try and beat the Corvette. Like I have shit to prove to you and your Altama with a dent in it. :rofl:
Funny, I get sort of the opposite but similar effect driving my Sprinter. (Sold my car last year so I'm either driving the van or my motorcycle when not on a bike.) Everyone expects me to be slow and does everything they can to get in front of me, then they slow down in front of me and get all freaked out and sketchy when they realize I'm not the one holding up traffic. (It's particularly fun on twisty roads when they are driving a sporty car and still can't keep up with my fully loaded van.)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Tesla dropped off. They have 22 cars in the queue ahead of me (for a scheduled appointment—they’re just behind!).

Thus I am in an Uber home. Lincoln MKT via Uber Black since Tesla comped me $400 in Uber credits through Saturday.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Tesla dropped off. They have 22 cars in the queue ahead of me (for a scheduled appointment—they’re just behind!).

Thus I am in an Uber home. Lincoln MKT via Uber Black since Tesla comped me $400 in Uber credits through Saturday.
So it's a hardware upgrade required?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
So it's a hardware upgrade required?
Yeah, until about May 2019 the cars had HW2.5. FSD is HW3.0, the sensors the same but the computer different.

This new FSD/HW3.0 computer is their own in house silicon design fabbed by Samsung, iirc. Optimized for running neural networks since that’s the name of the self driving-ish game.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Funny, I get sort of the opposite but similar effect driving my Sprinter. (Sold my car last year so I'm either driving the van or my motorcycle when not on a bike.) Everyone expects me to be slow and does everything they can to get in front of me, then they slow down in front of me and get all freaked out and sketchy when they realize I'm not the one holding up traffic. (It's particularly fun on twisty roads when they are driving a sporty car and still can't keep up with my fully loaded van.)
Yep! The best part is lane merger, when car try to accelerate not to be stuck in back of the van and I'm fuck you merging like no one is there.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
This morning I watched a homeless trans prostitute taking a bath in my neighbor’s front yard with a garden hose. Then I went to the coffee shop and spotted a used condom on the ground by where I parked.
COVID 19 isn’t the scariest thing in this town.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This morning I watched a homeless trans prostitute taking a bath in my neighbor’s front yard with a garden hose. Then I went to the coffee shop and spotted a used condom on the ground by where I parked.
COVID 19 isn’t the scariest thing in this town.
no syringes?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
what a great day. 70* in the woods of pisgah and a chill ride of 16 miles 3200' up-n-down that included a little bit of (unfruitful) exploration. crash replacement nomad came in - shop owner was awesome and got a cc. Picked it up on the way home. Making pressure cooker mushroom chicken, enjoying some beers, and sitting on le porch listening to the peepers.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Left work early (~4:20PM), joined a call about zombie virus policy, went for a short ride before sunset. First after-work non-dark ride of the season.