Quantcast

#*# Weed nest dray #*#

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Wrist healing far too slowly. Super annoying as I have a four day weekend inbound. Having said that it’s supposed to be continued intermittent NE’rly lashings for a few days so probably no riding anyway. :butcher:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rain incoming which is good. Parts for irrigation system ordered last night, I am sure the trees are going to like the cold rainy weather in the mean time.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Worked until 10 PM yesterday to cover an ill co-worker's shift (for extra money). Back in the hospital at 7 AM, reading inpatient CT/MR/US today. Meh

Took the Land Cruiser in as 42 degrees and rain did not seem appealing at all.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Went out working with the new guy today, he says "anythink" and "pacific" instead of specific.
I'm an asshole so I attempted to correct him with his pronunciation of "specific" but it didn't work because he didn't hear the difference.
I'm pretty annoying to work with so he'll probably hit me over the head at some point, I'll no doubt deserve it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Went out working with the new guy today, he says "anythink" and "pacific" instead of specific.
I'm an asshole so I attempted to correct him with his pronunciation of "specific" but it didn't work because he didn't hear the difference.
I'm pretty annoying to work with so he'll probably hit me over the head at some point, I'll no doubt deserve it.
Maybe he'll want to axe you somethink.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Working from home this morning, and attending the oldest's school awards ceremony. Working from home is typically frowned upon, but I may just work from home for the rest of the day anyway.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Working from home this morning, and attending the oldest's school awards ceremony. Working from home is typically frowned upon, but I may just work from home for the rest of the day anyway.
People who frown on working from home can eat a meaty chud. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for other people.

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
People who frown on working from home can eat a meaty chud. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for other people.
Agreed. I work for a very conservative company, and working from home is seen as some kind of "millennial, liberal snowflake" thing by the owners. I work in Architecture/Engineering, so constant communication is important, and those who work from home tend to get left out of the decision making processes.

I'm on track to co-own the company with one of the Senior Engineers when the current owners retire, otherwise I might be thinking more seriously about making a change. On the other hand, it could be ten years before that happens.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Related: Elon Musk is a choad.

Fuck that guy. Honestly, just go away or fade into the background already. Why people put so much stock into what he has to say, all because he "founded" a mediocre car company, is astonishing.

He's a glorified troll who through luck and circumstance (or, as the successful like to say, hard work and incredible business savvy) happens to find himself with an outsized audience and influence.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Related: Elon Musk is a choad.

Min 40hrs per week? Eat a dick. I have friends back home that give me shit about not taking jobs that pay 2x more. If I have to work 50%+ more and my cost of living goes up, since I don't have time to do shit, I'm not making more money.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Agreed. I work for a very conservative company, and working from home is seen as some kind of "millennial, liberal snowflake" thing by the owners. I work in Architecture/Engineering, so constant communication is important, and those who work from home tend to get left out of the decision making processes.

I'm on track to co-own the company with one of the Senior Engineers when the current owners retire, otherwise I might be thinking more seriously about making a change. On the other hand, it could be ten years before that happens.
When our company was pushing people to return, the response was absolute and rejective. We lost a bunch of service staff, which we a struggling to sustain, and a large number of producers said they'd start looking for other positions if they were forced to. Company changed it's policy overnight to elective for working in office. Still about 30% work in the office, but mostly guys that live really close or have young kids that stay at home with their spouse. Even then, they are only a few days/week.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Fuck that guy. Honestly, just go away or fade into the background already. Why people put so much stock into what he has to say, all because he "founded" a mediocre car company, is astonishing.

He's a glorified troll who through luck and circumstance (or, as the successful like to say, hard work and incredible business savvy) happens to find himself with an outsized audience and influence.
Sounds really familiar... like some other person that has been in the spotlight for awhile... can't put my finger on who it is, though. :think:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Min 40hrs per week? Eat a dick. I have friends back home that give me shit about not taking jobs that pay 2x more. If I have to work 50%+ more and my cost of living goes up, since I don't have time to do shit, I'm not making more money.
It's pretty well known he wants slaves, not employees.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
When our company was pushing people to return, the response was absolute and rejective. We lost a bunch of service staff, which we a struggling to sustain, and a large number of producers said they'd start looking for other positions if they were forced to. Company changed it's policy overnight to elective for working in office. Still about 30% work in the office, but mostly guys that live really close or have young kids that stay at home with their spouse. Even then, they are only a few days/week.
I'll continue WFH as long as I can, and thankfully, at the present, my company continues to support that. No amount of Foosball tables, collaboration spaces, or pizza parties will convince me that spending my day in some artificially lit white-collar penitentiary is better than spending it with my daughter and getting to watch her grow up.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Been trying to convince the powers that be to let me work from home 2-3 days a week, thinking it'll happen once production moves and I really have no need to be on the shop floor anymore. I honestly only work 6-7 hours a week anyway at my actual job, so why come in all 5 days?

Entered Level 4 water restrictions yesterday, RIP all my plants. I remain perplexed as to why we go from "Don't worry about it" to "Holy fuck, don't even shower", seems like there could be some lesser restrictions in between, and maybe our water policy should reflect the fact that we never actually have any water, and could conserve long before we reach dangerously low reserves.