Quantcast

#*# Weed nest dray #*#

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was reading some speculation that this whole email thing might just be lowkey layoffs. If you can get them to quit, you don't have to fight an unemployment claim.
eventually enough people will be turned off of tesla due to musk luther's attitude/ethics/etc, and tesla won't need so many employees because they won't be selling many cars.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
eventually enough people will be turned off of tesla due to musk luther's attitude/ethics/etc, and tesla won't need so many employees because they won't be selling many cars.
raises hand

As most know, I'm pretty committed to EVs. But man, fuck that guy with a rusty crow bar. I think what did it for me was moving HQ to Texas. But the twitter stuff is just the cherry on top.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
raises hand

As most know, I'm pretty committed to EVs. But man, fuck that guy with a rusty crow bar. I think what did it for me was moving HQ to Texas. But the twitter stuff is just the cherry on top.
yea, my next car will almost certainly be electric, and definitely not a tesla.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah replacing ICE motors with e--vehicles should be a net positive but I have (at minimum) 2 VERY, VERY, VERY eco-liberal friends from college with Teslas and I never understood why they were willing to overlook the fact that he is a racist asshole...

But I am not a "car guy" so I just don't understand the love for Musk "period"

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Also baffled by the God-like status some people have elevated Musk to. I can kind of appreciate Tesla getting more people into EV's, but he's a dickbag, IMNSHO.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Yeah replacing ICE motors with e--vehicles should be a net positive but I have (at minimum) 2 VERY, VERY, VERY eco-liberal friends from college with Teslas and I never understood why they were willing to overlook the fact that he is a racist asshole...
Truth be told, most CEOs are racist assholes, or sexist assholes, or racist and sexist assholes. Seems the problem with Musk is that he's both a very public asshole, and also the world's richest asshole. Given that no matter who you buy a car from, you're lining the pockets of an asshole, I can see the argument that one may as well just buy a Tesla because Musk is the asshole making the best EV.

Here we are in 2022 and the Model S, which came out in 2012 finally has some real competition from VAG, but VAG comes with their own pretty hefty asshole baggage. The Mach E is pretty solid, and I'd take one over a Y, but what else is really on par with Tesla? If you're an Eco minded liberal, Tesla is the obvious choice IMO, if you're more of the a social justice and anti billionaire type, then I guess get a Ionic?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
If you're a rich Eco minded liberal, Tesla is the obvious choice IMO,
FTFY
Sooooo many techbros. I live in a wealthy area- I remember 20 years ago I saw a lot of priiiii, because they were saving the world. Now there are gucci cars that are also saving the world....so everything is tesla. Keep in mind that the model S is virtually unchanged from 2012, so these new cars that are finally coming out are actually new.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
FTFY
Sooooo many techbros. I live in a wealthy area- I remember 20 years ago I saw a lot of priiiii, because they were saving the world. Now there are gucci cars that are also saving the world....so everything is tesla. Keep in mind that the model S is virtually unchanged from 2012, so these new cars that are finally coming out are actually new.
Same type of people that live in an 8K sqft home with their family of 3. They don't actually GAF about saving the world, they just care about projecting the image that they do.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Same type of people that live in an 8K sqft home with their family of 3. They don't actually GAF about saving the world, they just care about projecting the image that they do.
this guys total off grid house he built

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Even 2K sq ft is too much for 3 people... that said, I'll be here awhile. :D
Don't get me started bitching about our place... I told wifey that we should have turned the living room into a dining room, then converted the dining room into and office & pantry, then rent out the basement. I was less than politely told to fuck off. We have over 1k of useless square footage in this house.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
this guys total off grid house he built

In certain states/municipalities, it is illegal to be off the grid. Silly, but true.

BIL was telling me yesterday that the state inspectors want you to be energy efficient, but not too energy efficient. Utility companies have been successful in their lobbying.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Don't get me started bitching about our place... I told wifey that we should have turned the living room into a dining room, then converted the dining room into and office & pantry, then rent out the basement. I was less than politely told to fuck off. We have over 1k of useless square footage in this house.
How big is your palace?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
In certain states/municipalities, it is illegal to be off the grid. Silly, but true.

BIL was telling me yesterday that the state inspectors want you to be energy efficient, but not too energy efficient. Utility companies have been successful in their lobbying.
the only upside in being in the desert in the middle of nowhere....build what you want...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:
Plan for today was to be less bad than yesterday. Plan was unsuccessful, had a few pretty stressful claim situations today. One involving a customer in a very large tractor getting rear-ended on US 30. Thankfully no one died.
Saga of wife’s Subaru is coming to an end. Cutting losses and seeing if I can get anyone to give it anything for the shit box. It’s too bad as it still looks great

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005

The dumbasses who run this State just slashed the rates Utilities have to pay you for your solar production and added a per Kw tax for installed solar. They're deterring people from adding solar, while mandating people use more electricity by way of ICE and NG appliance bans. Must be nice to run a Utility company, burn down half the State, get tax payer subsidies to fix the grid you shoulda fixed decades ago and then get P-P-P-Paid!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
The dumbasses who run this State just slashed the rates Utilities have to pay you for your solar production and added a per Kw tax for installed solar. They're deterring people from adding solar, while mandating people use more electricity by way of ICE and NG appliance bans. Must be nice to run a Utility company, burn down half the State, get tax payer subsidies to fix the grid you shoulda fixed decades ago and then get P-P-P-Paid!
similar shit happening here w/duke energy

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Same utilities that also bitch that electrical grid can't handle the current demand, nevermind increased demand from all the new electrical vehicles/appliances/heat pumps, while simultaneously not investing a dime in upgrading the grid for said future demand?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Same utilities that also bitch that electrical grid can't handle the current demand, nevermind increased demand from all the new electrical vehicles/appliances/heat pumps, while simultaneously not investing a dime in upgrading the grid for said future demand?
Yep, those utilities.
The good news is that we currently have a $100b budget surplus, and tax increases are coming, plenty of money to build new green plants and improve the grid, which we’ll probably end up handing over to the utility companies. They’ll in turn increase our rates and end up building Nukes in Az and Nv to supply our power. Then they’ll burn the state down again, because why not

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The guy I lent some of my Rock samples to has stopped responding to my calls and efforts to contact him. I know where he lives and works. We have many mutual friends. I promise here to do the right thing and use any legal means at my disposal to recover my Samples. I am very upset.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The guy I lent some of my Rock samples to has stopped responding to my calls and efforts to contact him. I know where he lives and works. We have many mutual friends. I promise here to do the right thing and use any legal means at my disposal to recover my Samples. I am very upset.
he smoked your rocks

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
our house is 2200sqf, we need more space.
There's a difference around space though. Good space usage means everything.

Our last house was around 2200sqft but poorly laid out. The bedrooms upstairs were well used space. The main floor was an L-shaped, but poorly. The main living area was the family room and kitchen, but a structural wall separated the front/dining room it was a ~15*15 room that was useless. And we had a ~800sqft basement, basically one giant room with a bathroom attached, that was used for my training stuff and kid toys.

That much square footage, laid out well, can be more than enough.