Quantcast

Week 5 NFL Power Rankings

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Week 5 NFL Power Rankings
Fox Sports

The top spots in the poll look familiar, but you might be surprised by a new entry in the top five — the Falcons, who are off to a 4-0 start and coming off an impressive win at Carolina. The team is undefeated, and QB Michael Vick still is adjusting to a new offense. As for those Panthers, they take a big tumble, as does another popular preseason playoff pick — the Packers.

ON THE RISE: The Texans and Rams, both 2-2, made the biggest jumps this week — seven spots each, while the Falcons and Giants both leaped six positions ... with Atlanta breaking into the top five.

FALLING FAST: Without Brett Favre, the Packers have been exposed and fell 11 spots from 9th to 20th. Carolina also dropped eight spots down to 14th after losing to Atlanta at home.

1. Patriots (3-0)
2. Eagles (4-0)
3. Seahawks (3-0)
4. Colts (3-1)
5. Falcons (4-0)
6. Vikings (2-1)
7. Jets (3-0)
8. Cowboys (2-1)
9. Broncos (3-1)
10. Ravens (2-2)
11. Jaguars (3-1)
12. Steelers (3-1)
13. Giants (3-1)
14. Panthers (1-2)
15. Rams (2-2)
16. Lions (2-1)
17. Titans (1-3)
18. Redskins (1-3)
19. Raiders (2-2)
20. Packers (1-3)
21. Texans (2-2)
22. Chiefs (1-3)
23. Browns (2-2)
24. Saints (2-2)
25. Bengals (1-3)
26. Chargers (2-2)
27. Bears (1-3)
28. Cardinals (1-3)
29. Bucs (0-4)
30. Bills (0-3)
31. Dolphins (0-4)
32. 49ers (0-4)

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.foxsports.com ...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
The 1-3 Bearssssssss will make the playoffs. Book It!

ESPN and Fox Power Rankings are a load of **** though N8.

billybobzia

Chimp
Sep 24, 2004
Denver
Broncos will win the super bowl...but if not the Giants will....

will be at the Broncos/Carolina game on Sunday, got a hold of a couple of the 1/2 price tix when they went on sale...should be fun

J

JRB

I think it will be Prof. Plum in the library with the candlestick.

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:
I think you squat when you pee.

You are wrong, but there is a guy we ride with sometimes that is rumored to do so. Says it is cleaner. :confused:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
loco-gringo said:
You are wrong, but there is a guy we ride with sometimes that is rumored to do so. Says it is cleaner. :confused:
To be as clean as possible, you should piss in the sink.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
And don't forget the most important ranking of all: I'M STILL NUMBER 1 IN MY PAY-TO-PLAY LEAGUE!!! Well, at least until I play this weekend the dude who's in second but has mo' points than me...

J

JRB

Echo said:
The Bills are the best team in the league! How did they end up at #30?! This is an outrage!

What the hell is a Bill anyway??? Did it cost a lot to live there???

J

JRB

BurlySurly said:
Ladies and gentlemen, the stupidest post of the last 15 minutes.

Sorry bro - I gots no idea what the hell a Bill is. I would think since they used a buffalo, it would be bull, but I don't know.

J

JRB

Welp Shirley - it turns out the real way they were named is just as stupid as mine was -

Following the 1946 season, in an effort to generate more fan interest and distinguish the football team from the city's minor league baseball and hockey teams, which also bore the name "Bisons," the team ran a contest to select a new name. Over 4,500 entries were submitted, and "the Bills" won over "Bullets," "Nickels" and "Blue Devils." Several contestants suggested the winning name, but James F. Dyson was named the winner of the $500 prize based on his essay comparing the team to a band of "Buffalo Bills." He wrote that, while the legendary Indian Scout William "Buffalo Bill" Cody helped trailblaze the American Frontier, the football team (owned by the president of Frontier Oil) was opening a new frontier in Buffalo sports.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I can't believe there are people who posess the basic intelligence required to use the internet, but can't figure something like that out without using google.

I suppose they could have come up with a nice politically correct name like the Redskins. Or just used a color like the Browns, Reds, or Blues.

J

JRB

Echo said:
I can't believe there are people who posess the basic intelligence required to use the internet, but can't figure something like that out without using google.

I suppose they could have come up with a nice politically correct name like the Redskins. Or just used a color like the Browns, Reds, or Blues.

Not sure how I could've gotten to that without google. I will give you that it is no more dumb than the Texans. Moving a team and keeping a name not relative is pretty lame too. Sorry Echo. Yay Bills - :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
loco-gringo said:
Not sure how I could've gotten to that without google. I will give you that it is no more dumb than the Texans. Moving a team and keeping a name not relative is pretty lame too. Sorry Echo. Yay Bills - :thumb:
Heh, I could care less about football :D I just thought everyone had heard of Buffalo Bill.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Echo said:
Heh, I could care less about football :D I just thought everyone had heard of Buffalo Bill.

Oh yeah... the dude that stuffed you in a hole in his basement and had you use lots lotion on your skin..???

silence of the lambs .com

:p

J

JRB

Echo said:

Yeah - just never made the connection. :( Sadly for me, it continues to make more sense.