Quantcast

Weekend day 1

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Stripping and staining the playground today.

Have started to layout the plans for what Wifey wants to see done with the house and a few inexpensive things that usually are more effort have been added because secondary work being done will make those jobs much easier. Found a handyman that will do a lot of the project work, but also has no issues with me doing demo, lets us get our own materials or buys at discount and we pay actual cost, or my own work around the larger project (ie I can do the A/V).

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I’m going to Maine to get away from these meddling kids.
#superspreader

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning. Supposed to be a nice day here today. NWS peeps are checking our area to see if a tornado actually hit last night. It was CRAZY!!! Trees and power lines down along a single path. Enclosed trailer picked up and dropped on top of a mini-van, barns fell...very interested to see if it was straightline winds or an actual tornado. All I know is it was fast and furious!

Milling some lumber for the pole barn today, birthday parade for a student later and prepping more walls for painting when the next rain storm comes and probably a fire tonight. Ah the "stay at home" life...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
here, I will ride a bike today or tomorrow, not sure which or both. kid wants to build a treehouse which is gonna be neat.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
here, I will ride a bike today or tomorrow, not sure which or both. kid wants to build a treehouse which is gonna be neat.
We got some of the storm - Powerwalls were feeding the grid from about 6 to 7 PM, not sure if this was related to the storm.
wait do you have bougie tesla solar equipment?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I should do the front and rear suspension service on mine and wifes trail bikes so we can actually use them at some point this year.

edit: I may have done them both in August...I should go find the random piece of paper I write these things down on...

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Landlord coming today to connect power to the central air conditioner unit and remove some slabs of old concrete from the ongoing porch project.

After that, I'm going riding, rain or shine. New brake pads have been put into Shimano brakes which have been fully flushed. Rear brake lever is clicking at the lever pivot - hopefully no death occurs, that'd be really nice.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Supposed to be a nice day here today. NWS peeps are checking our area to see if a tornado actually hit last night. It was CRAZY!!! Trees and power lines down along a single path. Enclosed trailer picked up and dropped on top of a mini-van, barns fell...very interested to see if it was straightline winds or an actual tornado. All I know is it was fast and furious!
I fried of mine got crushed in her car last night when a massive tree fell on it. She survived with a broken back, car looks like a crushed coke can. Those storms were no joke.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Finally took the new board to the skatepark. A small muscle down the middle of my kicking calf locked up after 20 minutes, it's been ten years since I rode a board. Definitely going back tho.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Straight renditions intermixed with riffing on the variations. Pretty cool shit.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yo!

Went fishing this morning. Caught a whole lot of nothing. Oh well, still better than not going fishing.

Almost lost my shit yesterday when the town sent me another excise tax bill, plus fees, plus interest, to cover the bill I already paid. Gonna have to channel my inner Karen and call them Monday to straighten them out.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Checking in, all good here. We survived the deluge of rain last evening. Going to help finish demo in the new race car shop this morning, so alas I will not be joining @Nick in smashing rocks and sliding around on slippery roots on the bicycle. Mayhaps a ride later when the weather clears out.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Unrelated, I had a tofu stir fry accident a couple days ago and wound up with a cooking oil burn that looks like a temporary tattoo of a rhinoceros.

3B2069C7-DFCE-45BE-8286-D97B9EFEF861.jpeg

Also yes, that is a picture of a cricket in an outhouse behind me. We keep it classy in the 303.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Unrelated, I had a tofu stir fry accident a couple days ago and wound up with a cooking oil burn that looks like a temporary tattoo of a rhinoceros.

View attachment 145149

Also yes, that is a picture of a cricket in an outhouse behind me. We keep it classy in the 303.
I say more like a moose.

More deluge up here this morning, trying to work out what/where we might ride.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We got Vizsla #2. She's a doll. A robust one that need to shed a few pounds.

Wilma and Maya are getting along so good, impressed!

It was heartbreaking to pick her up directly from her parents. They were so sad, and yet relieved to have found the best family possible! She's already being loved to death! ;)

98361545_3080801041956410_4031167509871722496_n.jpg

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
This. I need to strip and stain the playground today. I got up early to do it and it's wet... Budget balancing instead.
i think burning it down and building a new one would be less stressful....make it a teaching moment....

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Speaking of tofu, I had brisket burnt ends with mashed sweet potatoes and cole slaw for lunch, then promptly went for a 90 minute road ride (27 miles). I was cramping the whole time and I didn't care because that was some GOOD burnt ends! I also ran 7 miles at the buttcrack of dawn.

I'm fixing to make tacos for dinner and chocolate chip cookie bars for dessert.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
We got Vizsla #2. She's a doll. A robust one that need to shed a few pounds.

Wilma and Maya are getting along so good, impressed!

It was heartbreaking to pick her up directly from her parents. They were so sad, and yet relieved to have found the best family possible! She's already being loved to death! ;)

View attachment 145158
Can't tell them apart, assuming Maya is on the left. :) Both are so sweet, why did they have to let her go?
Congrats!!

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Rough start to the ride, slit my tire a half mile from the house. Came back put on a new tire and went out and rode 30 miles. The headwinds out on the grasslands north of town were brutal had to drop down into my small chain ring and second largest rear cog. Even then I could only hold 11.6 mph on the flats. I have a good burn going, chilling with a beer and a couple of slices of last nights pizza

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Can't tell them apart, assuming Maya is on the left. :) Both are so sweet, why did they have to let her go?
Congrats!!
Nope! Wilma on the left and fat Maya on the right. We just weighted her, 57 lbs! According to her height and length she probably should be around 50.

Family had a baby that just started crawling. Dog did not appreciate baby and snapped once on the side of the face. They just couldn't live with the constant supervision and fear of recurrence. They have a German shorthaired pointer also.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Black flies in the north, Giant Mosquito Clouds in the outer banks. I will take the west
Dude, didn't you hear about the California Festering-sore Eagles?

Unrelated
That's a bad burn. Ouch. I could see the rhinoceros comparo if it had a horn, but the horn is missing. If you stir fry again soon, you could try to, you know....

Nahh, never mind.

Good ride. Pbr tall boy afterwards. Took a nap. Now what? Nothing. That's what.