Quantcast

Weekend Front Range ride (pic heavy!)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Got out on Sunday with my buddy Jon. We decided to hit Mt Falcon.
Temp at 10am was perfect. A little warm, but a slight breeze helped a lot.
By the time we finished it was up around 95*.

Here's a shot of the parking lot, looking west toward what we are about to climb

As you start the climb, looking north you get a great view of Red Rocks Ampitheater

Looking back on the trail as it snakes up

A small meadow you pass through as you top out the first climb.

Small burn area we passed as we headed over to the Parmalee trail

Here's Jon at the begining of the Parmalee trail with a glimpse of the views to come

Jon coming out of a wooded section, about to get some great views

Pano looking south down highway 285

The obligatory Colorado singletrack goodness

And finally, a nice pano of the view coming back down

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Jozz said:
So how long was the ride? (mileage)
Not sure. I don't have a cyclometer, and I forgot to ask Jon. I'm guessing that we only put in about 10 miles or so. The initial climb is about 3 miles with 1350 vert feet. That's all I know :)

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Nice ride!! That's about 10 minutes from my house. Used to be a morning ride for me until I had to start getting to work at 7:00. According to the web site the Parmalee Gulch added 2 miles and another 900' of climbing to your ride. Here
is the link to the trail profiles.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I am coming out to CO in about 2 months, is this stuff easy to find? Where can i get maps so that i can check it out? Looks awesome bro, keep the pics coming!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
<snip>Temp at 10am was perfect. A little warm, but a slight breeze helped a lot. By the time we finished it was up around 95*. <snip>
In contrast to our Crested Butte ride that started out f*'in cold. I had liner gloves, bike gloves, then fleece gloves for the entire ride into town...... :O

-S.S.-

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Dog Welder said:
I'll be out in CO this Sunday to test for Denver Fire Department...unfortunately I won't be bringing the ride.
Be sure to let us know when you move out here and we'll show you the goods! :thumb: