Quantcast

Weekend garage project.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I can see the first one- looking good! What is that track stuff holding up the bikes?

I just did my garage, and I won't lie, the ceiling sucked, but having a mini roller (roughly 1" dia x 8") made the job so much easier with way less paint brush work on the ceilings around garage door openers and lights.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Thanks,
Yeah, it looks nice and I'm looking for something better than screwing hooks into studs this time around.

Last edited:

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Question on the fast track- can you slide the bikes from side to side while they're on the hook?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Is the pet bed in the second pic for cats or for dogs? Does your dog like to eat the cat sh!t out of the litterbox? Both of ours would, so we have to keep them away from the cat box. Cat poop must be delicious.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Is the pet bed in the second pic for cats or for dogs? Does your dog like to eat the cat sh!t out of the litterbox? Both of ours would, so we have to keep them away from the cat box. Cat poop must be delicious.
It was my dogs but she died a few weeks ago and now the cat sleeps on it. But yes the dog would eat cat crap all the time. But no more dogs for me

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
I was all about getting another dog when she was close to dying. But when I had to put her down it was 100 time harder then I thought it was going to be. If I never have to do that again in my life I will consider myself lucky.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
I'll throw in my picture, since it relates to Konabum- I wound up buying the fast track system for my bikes and it's pretty cool. It'll allow me to jam a bunch of bikes on there without drilling into the studs for each one and since I forgot to install a reinforced area for bikes behind the drywall. Also gave me room to get the fairland inside with enough room for a decent bike work area, still. fairlane.JPG

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Just a question - why bother painting the ceiling?
A few reasons I did it:
1. Easier to clean
2. Won't absorb moisture as easily
3. White reflects light for a brighter work area overall
4. Looks all bad ass and stuff ;)

It was a total pain in the ass though!

4130biker

May 24, 2007
Good idea, but everything was hung when we bought the place, and I'm not enough of a perfectionist to pull everything down to paint!

4130biker

May 24, 2007
1967- I probably wouldn't have held onto it and put it through sitting outside so long, but I bought it from my Dad, and I drove it in high school. It's a GTA (referring to GT Automatic trans.) 289 2 barrel original, but now a 302 with standard high school kid hop-ups. Not sure the direction I want to go with the restoration yet, but I'm really glad to now have it indoors as a starting point.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
i would go this go this route.....but for street use....

Wow, you nailed one of the ideas!! My Dad actually wants to do one like that, and aside from inherent radness, it would be fun to do something that we could both be into. My neighbor has a 427 side oiler, but I think it would be nearly impossible to get it from him. Maybe a modern aluminum big block would be better for weight and street handling anyways.

idea's are:
1. Streetable Nascar replica (but probably my own spin to some extent)
2. Restored (nice paint, etc) but a sleeper with mini tubs.
3. Raggedy looking/ scary fast/ drag race machine, and barely streetable.

Last edited: