Quantcast

weekend project!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So Friday afternoon I was wrenching on a friends bike in my mess of a garage...

and my dire need for some organization and a work bench became very apparent. So Saturday morning over crepes w/ the gf I put pencil to paper with a design and BOM, hit up Lowes. By yesterday afternoon, this is what I had:

But oh no, being the wrench monkey I am, I didn't stop there...

and this guy too! not mounted yet, but tonight or tomorrow night.

a better look at the end result...

so the above mess turned into this:

Still needs some more organizing, and I haven't mounted the power strip on the side of the bench yet. I'm also going to use some nails so I can hang tools on the back panel of the bench for convenience. But all in all I am pumped with the outcome!

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Very nice... I can't wait to have a place where I can do that... stupid apartments.

Coincidentally I just moved from Redondo Beach a couple months ago...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
didn't take you long to make a fvcking mess of your new place!

:biggrin:
JK
Nice Bench!
haha yea, by the time I finished yesterday I didn't have the energy to do any actual organizing. But at least all my sh*t isn't spread all over the floor anymore!

Don't yinz gotz some beers ta drink or sumthin? :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Nice! There's a sweet workbench in my garage. And some sweet hooks to hang my bikes out of the way. Unfortunately, despite those things, my garage is still a disaster area :(

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Nice bench, I can't believe you piled all of your stuff back on it! :) I thought you were going to show everything organized and put away

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Now you need some speakers and and a CD player/MP3 player hookup. Plus a cooler for beers.

Then I'll come visit! :happydance:

How is the riding in So Cal treating you? Hopefully you aren't too busy designing Barbie holders to ride.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Now you need some speakers and and a CD player/MP3 player hookup. Plus a cooler for beers.
Those 2 things are high on the list as well.

How is the riding in So Cal treating you? Hopefully you aren't too busy designing Barbie holders to ride.
been doing mostly BMX lately, gas prices are starting to inhibit my ability to travel to ride, especially since my local trails got closed :(

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nice bench. You might want to consider peg board on the back, then you could use hooks and other cool things to hang your tools.
I had considered that, but while peg boards are modular, its also a pain b/c sometimes when you grab a tool, the hook/hangar comes along with it. With the plywood I can hammer right into and not worry about it coming out when I grab a tool. Oh and plywood is cheaper :brows: