Quantcast

Weekend Race Report- Rain, Hail & Mud

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
This weekend was the last race in our Winter Series in Fontana, CA, and it held plenty of suprises and lots of fun. It was also the showdown between TJ (lovebunny) and Wes (merrrrjig) after all the smacktalk that went down over the past couple of weeks.

"I'm so glad I'm not hiking this green bike up tomorrow." -TJ

The "step-up" during the dry part of Sat's practice.

"So Heather, uhm how do you like the Be One bike? Oh, coo, think I can borrow it again?" -bunnyjones

"Take a picture of me, me me me, please. Me me." -tj

An empty shuttle truck was the norm for Saturday practice

Then the sky opened up and the temperature dropped and we quickly found shelter wherever we could

The bike that nobody wanted. :(

That's not hail.
"Take a picture of me, me me me me" - lovebunny

"Where my homies at? Where are y'all foos?" Andre2K (Brazillian Downhiller)

By 2PM or so, the freezing temp and nasty dirt got people leaving early. Nobody was bitching about long practice lines on Saturday.

"Take a picture of me me me me. Hold on, let me roll over. Ok, ready?" -bunny.

Sun morning practice.

Snowcapped San Bernardino Mountains in the background. The vista was so un-Fontana-esque.

The under-utilized Nicolai G-Boxx -Ok, Orven just wanted to race on it but the distributor says no :rofl:

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
Some people just love to show off for the camera

The corner that mtnbrider loves, flat and rocky :p

Line 1

Line 2

The really fun and fast upper section. What a flowy section. :D

Another view of the snow capped Mountains. I heard Orven and Bob, while hiking, talking smack from where I stood.

Orvs on his first practice run.

ncrider

Some of the locals

Dhjill :)

Duncan Rifle

Oz's buddy, sandbagging elite, Bob.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
Dhjill ripping it up for Haro.
It's cool that Haro donated frames for the end of the series raffle....A 7yr old kid won the full susp frame.

Anthony of Truvativ

Cody Warren of Haro Bikes.

"Wes, it may not be the bike but I think the race result today will leave a bad taste in your mouth for a long time." -lovebunny in non-freeriding outfit

The lower rock section

Orlando Martinez

"I'm coming.... take pictures of me , me me me me me" Lovebunny

"Are you staying here for a bit? Let me hike up so you can take pictures of me again. Oh, you don't have to get ready, Wes is too slow and won't be in your shot for another 40 seconds." confident cj

2 seconds later -Merrrrjig rolled in.
"Where's the wabbit?" -Wes

Orlando

"Here I go. Take a picture of me me me me. me!" -da bunny

"I should have brought my Big Hit to shut that bunny up." -Wes

Ripping it up

Weird stuff some racers did on this section.

ncrider -I will own David.

"Take a picture of me me me me me. I passed Wes, did you see it? Did you get a picture of it?" -tj -who secretly swapped shock spring on my bike and made the excuse that there was something wrong with his Balfa.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
"I like this bike." -Wes :weee:

Oz almost took us out

ncrider rippin it up.

Race time!!
manwithgun

Pinning it

"I think I did well on this bike." Intensedrider :p

ncrider's run

Orvan's slow run -getting his 1st rear der casualty in racing.

"WTF?" -Wes
"I've counted ten on my fingers. So I'm counting the next 20 on my backribs for the number of seconds I beat you by." -tj

Pro Women -Stephanie got second.

Conrad (ncrider) got 3rd

Orv's got third too but with a way slowerrr time.

"Can you see it? I'm glowing." - le bunny

"All eyes here. I dominated and ruled! I won, yup AGAIN!!!" -CJ

Rumor amongst the parents is that they are protesting lovebunny's participation due to intimidation and harrassment administered to their kids by Thomas "crazy fast" Jones during the races. -SRC Newsletter.

Winter Series Overall Champs.
Oz finally finished a complete series for a change. He bagged first and his best buddy got second. Rivalry carries on in the next series but I think ncrider will be joining their class soon and f' things up for both of them :p

ncrider undoubtedly and uncontestedly (I love making up new words)took first overall in his class.

manwithgun came in the semi pro ranks and spanked everybody. Awesome job, jim!!!

"I didn't get overall because I didn't race the minimum of 4 races but let's just assume I am the champ. Wes, where are ya at?" -da bunny

It was another great race weekend....next up........SEA OTTER!

Oh yeah, I'll be racing that one so there might not be as many pics, but I'll try :)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
lovebunny said:
twas a fun race. i guess its time to move up? 2 wins in a row and i was just out of the podium on the next class up on both of em.
don't they force you to move up?

one of the race series here pushes you up with 3 podiums in the 6 race series.