Quantcast

weekend ride 12 03/04??

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I'd be down for Sat. if you Wilsonites are gonna shuttle it. Post if it happens.....

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
mt wilson,, in La Crescenta i believe,, shuttle up.. bout 12-14 miles of downhill,, well acutally single track that points down hill :D rocky, sandy, switchbacks, some small drops. theres a few short ups.. only a couple miles worth. not steep.. guys pedal big bikes up. some hike it. usually takes 2.5 - 3 hrs or so.

Perhaps

Chimp
Jul 10, 2005
Hollywood, CA
Sounds fun, count me in... I haven't ridden in so long, this should be good. Can you tell me how to get there, or since you're in hollywood I could just follow you I guess. Whatever. What time are you thinkin?

-G

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
well last time i went shuttles to the top left at 800 from the parking lot at the bottom... i left hollywood round 715.. gotta find out if other peeps that know there way around the mtn are going.. ive only done it once..

and for saturday,, i gotta make sure i dont have plans, and i wanted to hit the jump spot sat morining to do some work after the rain friday.. i was thinking sunday for wilson.. i

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
I've done it and know it. I can shuttle 3 riders. Sat. works betta for me. Post details if anybody 's gonna make this....I would say that if it does rain on Fri then conditions would be prime on Sat(no rain predicted)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
210 fwy to the ARROYO/WINDSOR exit. Go north (towards the mountains). Parking lot is on the left side about a mile up.

Not sure if I will make it. Have to go to my neices b-day party at 2. Gonna try though. What time is everyone thinking? meet at 8? 9? Saturday or sunday works for me.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
OH! I forgot to mention... I found a trail that bypasses the middle climb (the one from the hotel to the paved road) It's short, very loose, and rutted and kinda steep. It drops you at the fire road/paved road about 200 yards from the next trail. It shortens the ride by like 5 - 10 minutes but completely negates the uphill. With some work it could be a really fun trail. Maybe after the next rains.

The only problem is that I am not sure if it's exactly open/legal.

freerder56

Chimp
May 4, 2005
B.P. socall
Is the trail your talking about the one after you come out of the trees at the corner looking west that one is a illeagal trail called monkey face, get caught on that one 300.00 fine. The rangers watch that one w/ binocs.:mumble: By the way watch going around the blind corners somebody's putting rocks there & they're bending branches at face level, so be careful:cool:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
freerder56 said:
Is the trail your talking about the one after you come out of the trees at the corner looking west that one is a illeagal trail called monkey face, get caught on that one 300.00 fine. The rangers watch that one w/ binocs.:mumble: By the way watch going around the blind corners somebody's putting rocks there & they're bending branches at face level, so be careful:cool:
Might be that one. Not too sure since there are about four that I can think of that are there as you come out of trees.

The rocks aren't new but the bent branches are. The rocks I don't mind so much but the branches suck. I don't know about you all but if I catch someone booby trapping these trails I will beat the **** out of them right there.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Ciaran said:
if I catch someone booby trapping these trails I will beat the **** out of them right there.
I'd put there booby-trapping hand in my chainring and pedal like a mountain lions on my ass. Eye for and eye bitches.:cool:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
HEAD COUNT

Who's going saturday, who's going sunday. What time do you all want to meet at the parking lot? Who has shuttle trucks? I can take us up to get the trucks, but I can only fit 2 bikes in my car.

If you all flake I am riding anyway.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Judging from the responses...it looks like most favor Sun. I'm gonna hit Bootleg Sat and if this ride comes together for Sun. post it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
OK. Sunday it is! What time is good for everybody?

I am going to have my wife shuttle me tomorrow. After the rain tonight I can't not ride tomorrow!