Quantcast

Weekend ride along the front range (pic heavy)

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Weather was threatening from the get-go

Sweet Colorado singletrack

Jon and Jay coming through the Aspens

It can't all be sweet singletrack. Steeper than it looks

Ridable down? Sure. Ridable up? Not today, says Jon

WAAAAY steeper than it looks

View from the top

Back down along more super sweet singletrack

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
West coast? :confused: These pics are from 45 minutes west of Denver.

Edit: Ohhhh, did you look at my source code? This was from Golden Gate State Park, but its a park that's just west of Denver. Sorry for the confusion.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
mtnbkr4235 said:
Looks like some fun singletrack! I'll have to go up there and ride it sometime, definitely looks like its worth hitting. :thumb:
I'm not sure how often we'll be going back to this trail. The smooth singletrack was some of the sweetest I've ridden lately, but the amount of loose crap we had to climb kind of killed it. There were several washed out sections full of really loose softball sized rocks that totally sucked. All in all a good ride, but not one of my favorites.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Morryjg said:
:drool: :drool:

MMMMMMmmmmmm..........Golden Gate................. What trails did you hit?
We did the loop just north of the visitors center that started on the Blue Grouse/Mule Deer trail that takes you up to the lookout point. From there we took the trail (Snowshoe?) that connects to the Elk trail that takes you back down to Mule Deer.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I hate trails that you have to go through miles and miles of bad stuff to get to the good stuff. :mumble: <<< this smiley never gets old.. :D

Nice pics btw!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Jozz said:
I hate trails that you have to go through miles and miles of bad stuff to get to the good stuff. :mumble: <<< this smiley never gets old.. :D

Nice pics btw!
Perhaps that's what keeps the good stuff good? Maybe the bad stuff deters people from going out there.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
LordOpie said:
golden gate... isnt' that where the lions are spotted the most?
Not sure. I don't remember any reports of lion sightings there. I'm sure there are mountain lions around there, though. I remember last year the report of the biker who had a standoff with a lion was at White Ranch.